SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How many people have read the bible the whole way through & how many times

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

How many people have read the bible the whole way through & how many times

I am just interested in how many people have read the bible all the way through and if you haven't and why not and what struggles did you deal with
What version did you read ?

I personally I have read through multiple versions of the bible when working in the Christian bookshop

The reason I am asking this is because I read it through without a reading plan going through one book at a time

It also helps as it means you are grounded in it as if someone refers to a passage , you can understand the context from memory and what time period

If are bibles were taken away or deleted from the app store would you know enough in prison even I would fail with this

I normally get people to refer to an audio bible so that if they struggle with the names in scripture or to someone who can't read such as the gypsies.

It is embarrassing as sometimes when someone who can barely read know more of the bible that a literate person

I always remember handing out a Bible and he was homeless and the lady in the church she was not reading her bible and the homeless person was

Joh 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

I do not understand people who say they love Jesus but do not love the bible

It is like loving someone but not reading any of there texts or phone calls

2021/2/8 13:26Profile
billy1980

Tennesse

Re: How many people have read the bible the whole way through & how many times

The joyful news is if we read God's Word daily being born again. When our Bibles are took from us The Holy Spirit will bring to our minds scripture we need for each instance.

Even deeper then this is our personal relationship with Jesus, and our growing inward relationship with His Holy Spirit. So our Bibles can be took but they cannot take our personal relationship with Christ, because He lives within us.

Yes though, while we have Bible's to read we need to dive into them deeply. Praying the Holy Spirit would teach us. Listening to what He wants us to heed and obey. We can be so stubborn and blind. In His mercy may He bury His truths deep within us! Even the crumbs are a great blessing to the needy, such as we are.

2021/2/8 13:42Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

billy1980

Have you read the bible the whole way through ?

2021/2/8 13:48Profile
billy1980

Tennesse

Re:

I have, how many times only God knows. Of course as you know this in itself matters not if one does not listen, and instead closes their heart to what the Spirit seeks to reveal concerning sin and Christ Jesus.

Then to the born again ones. Those who have been transformed if we read only and do not put it into practice. The very Word will be agianszt us on that day.

2021/2/8 14:03Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I have read it through each year for at least 10 years. The plan is a passage from Psalms or Proverbs, about 3 OT chapters and about 1 NT chapter per day. I have read through it in a chronological plan twice I believe- which was interesting.

I try not to fall into the trap of reading just to read- but even that is better than not reading at all.

The pandemic has helped in allowing me to read more slowly and deliberately and make notes etc because I don’t have to commute to work everyday.

While you obviously are not memorizing when you read, if you read enough then passages become very familiar. In our Bible study class I find I am able to reference many passages, some of them rather arcane, by memory even if I can’t reference the exact chapter and verse.

2021/2/8 14:23Profile
brothagary

Re:

Iv never read it through from cover to cover, iv never seen a verse that tells me to do that , and the prophetic spirit has never told me or led me to that, besides that, i feel in love with the new covenant. Mabey god leads others in his own way , in my view, i hear men teaching that rather than Jesus, the apostle's doctrine never taught that, but iv spent years meditating on the scripture some days at work would get up to Mabey 6 to eight hours of audio that on went on for 3 or four years, from two or three hours up to 8 hours of new covenant blessing some times more than 8 hours because i worked as a plasterer some days were 10,11 hour days that's where I got my energy from, id be smiling with little tears in my eyes many days at work, His word his worth more then any gold or anything really , there no words to describe how much the word of god means to me because its life itself and it is sprit, and it saved my life soul and body .

2021/2/8 14:29Profile
brothagary

Re:

I believe we would have a different church completely if we read the letters of pauls over and over again till we receive the deep revelations that he had received. Then that the veil would be completely lifted, so the shadows of the old covenant become less hidden to us.

2021/2/8 14:38Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

brothagary you should :)
TMK welldone TMK
billy1980

I wish I could urge you more to get deeper into Gods word

If everyone in the church read the bible the whole way through we would have a different church

2021/2/8 15:02Profile
brothagary

Re:

You're funny Dominic, I didn't say i don't read the old testament. it may even be a possibility I read it much more then you brother , are you judging me with righteous judgment

2021/2/8 15:32Profile
brothagary

Re:

Brother dom be gentle, you asked a question surely you didn't think you would get answers from everyone that agrees with your views and theology. It's ok to disagree you know, would seem strange if we all answered biblical questions with just no or yes. My point is where in the bible does it says we must read it from cover to cover, if you give one verse, i will read it like that because then I would know I'm commanded to do that, I'm more concerned with the commands of our Lord rather then what other people do, each to their own ok brother. don't be offended I'm not telling any one not to read bible ok. love you brother, be blessed in my name of Jesus for ever ..

2021/2/8 15:51Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy