SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Seeking the Fullness of Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Platy

Re:

No worries I agree with you majority of debates end up going downhill.

2021/2/5 10:43Profile
Sree

Re: Seeking the Fullness of Christ

I am a strong believer in 2nd blessing. This is how I received the infilling of the holy spirit. But I do not put God in a box and say this is how God will operate. Some people receive the fullness of the Holy Spirit in the first blessing itself, that is when they are born again.

But I have met believers who say that we receive Holy Spirit fully when we are born again and we should not seek anything anymore experience. This to me is not a right stand and it is putting God in a box.

The disciples were born again in John 20:22 when they believed in the resurrection of Jesus. Hence they received the Holy Spirit. But the Baptism of Holy Spirit which means to be full of Holy Spirit or immersed in the Holy Spirit happened on the day of Pentecost.

The main purpose of Baptism of Holy Spirit or the Pentecost experience is to be a witness for Christ (Acts 1:8). I can take from my own life experience. When I was born again from the Hindu faith, I loved the Lord but I was weak and could not openly say that I was a Christian. I was afraid of the persecution from my Hindu relatives and friends. But after 2 years I had an encounter with the Lord in which I believe I was filled with the Holy Spirit. From that moment all my fears disappeared, I had no trouble being a witness for Christ no matter how much persecution I had to face. I received power.

A brother who had a similar experience as mine said that before he had this Pentecost experience, he used to hide his bible in a cover so that no one finds that he is a Christian. But when Holy Spirit filled him, he threw the cover!

2021/2/5 11:11Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

We should not be debating the Word of God. If we would share more scripture instead of our opinions concerning the interpretation of scripture, there would be fewer debates. Strife and arguing is not a sign of spiritual maturity but of carnality.
We should be using this forum to build up the Body in love. That is why Denominations are not of God, because they bring division to the Body of Christ instead of unity.

2021/2/5 11:11Profile
billy1980

Tennesse

Re:

Brothers honestly I was seeking what our Lord has shown each of you on this subject of entering into His fullness. Thank you each for your comments so far. My faith certainly increased when I heard the sermon from brother Paris! I’m called to continue moving on into maturity in Christ our Lord!

Many times I believe we have to allow the Holy Spirit to bring us back to the path we are to follow! Brother Dan feel free to email me what you were going to write. I’m trying to listen to you all with your different gifts in the body of Christ:) I know each one of you see something clearer then I do. Praise be to God He devised it that way!

Sree our experience seems similar, however moving on to mature man in Christ Jesus! To be pleasing in His sight brothers! To wake up and live each day we have left in total dependence on Him.

2021/2/5 12:03Profile
brothagary

Re:

I don't think iv seen so many members practically in agreement in at one time here on sermon index, i have to say six amens i think lost count ,bless you brothers , in the mighty name of Jesus , in the unity of the spirit....i just had to add that was a special one from you bill !

2021/2/5 12:13Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Sree our experience seems similar, however moving on to mature man in Christ Jesus! To be pleasing in His sight brothers! To wake up and live each day we have left in total dependence on Him.

Yes brother, I only shared the visible part of the change in me which is to be a bold witness of Christ without any fear of persecution. But there were many invisible changes inside me to become a living witness from inside. I got the power to overcome sin, many sins that could easily entangle me no longer had power over me. Bible became a different book and I started receiving revelation from it. Desire to know God intimately came in, desire to pray, and words to pray came in. Strong confidence because God is my father came in.

I do not believe it is worth fighting with anyone on this subject of the Holy Spirit and being filled with the Holy Spirit. Irrespective of what we believe, we are commanded to be filled with the Holy Spirit, so let us seek to obey that command.

2021/2/5 12:37Profile
billy1980

Tennesse

Re:

Sree again we agree brother. I apologize I was rushing to get to work, Excited each of you had shared with me. And wanted to respond graciously I Didn’t mean to rush my commit towards you. Forgive me.

In my own life the sins I couldn’t break He broke. The Bible became a book of color where before it was plan. Witnessing came from within to outside of me to those around me boldly. A great inward pull came and comes from within me to know our savior closer.

Still I know I have not entered into fullness in Christ. I truly believe we all can talk to each other as though we were all at my house breaking bread and fellowshipping amongst ourselves in love. Without stabbing each other. I strongly believe we have many parts in the body of Christ and God has devised it in such a way that if we are to reach full stature in the image of our Lord. We must work together, and learn from each as the Spirit directs us.

2021/2/5 13:20Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Sree again we agree brother. I apologize I was rushing to get to work, Excited each of you had shared with me. And wanted to respond graciously I Didn’t mean to rush my commit towards you. Forgive me.

There nothing wrong with your earlier post. I felt I did not actually address the main subject of discussion which is growing into the maturity of Christ. I only addressed being filled with the Holy Spirit and how it changed my life.

Also, I did not want my support for 2nd blessing to attract theological debates here. This is not the purpose of my post. Hence I put the 2nd part in my post.

This is my personal understanding and also my experience. The more we try to become like Christ with the hope of being transformed to His Image (1 John 3:3), the more we understand our own inability. Hence we seek the fullness of the Holy Spirit to lead us into the image of Christ. This produces the hunger and thirst and Jesus spoke about in John 7:28.

2021/2/5 13:39Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Mike

Brother Mike said:

Quote:
We should not be debating the Word of God. If we would share more scripture instead of our opinions concerning the interpretation of scripture, there would be fewer debates. Strife and arguing is not a sign of spiritual maturity but of carnality.
We should be using this forum to build up the Body in love. That is why Denominations are not of God, because they bring division to the Body of Christ instead of unity.

Brother Mike, you nailed it! Thank You..God Bless you all.

2021/2/5 13:40Profile
billy1980

Tennesse

Re:

Thank you Bill, thank you Mike. I will seek to incorporate this as well. I want unity among our brethren through Christ as well, by His Spirit!

2021/2/5 13:46Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy