Discussion Forum : General Topics : Seeking the Fullness of Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
billy1980

Tennesse

Seeking the Fullness of Christ

That is one deep title!

I have a question, after listening to the sermon brother Greg posted.

We know in John 20 the disciples received the Holy Spirit, after Christ death for our sins and resurrection, showing God the Fathers approval of the undeserved transaction that took place for us. John 20:22

Moving on from our Lords sacrifice, and only because of it. After they had received the Holy Spirit. We see in Acts 2 the disciples were empowered by the Holy Spirit. Did they receive the fullness of Christ at Pentecost?

Later Peter in 2 Peter 1:19 speaks on Christ arising in our hearts. He was talking to believers. Then Paul speaks in his epistles about coming to fullness in Christ, he was speaking to believers. Ephesians 4:13.

So after being filled with the Holy Spirit we need the fullness of Christ in order to do what He has called us to do rightly? This seems to be what transpired concerning the apostles at Pentecost?

2021/2/5 1:20Profile
brothagary

Re: Seeking the Fullness of Christ

Brother I would think beyond doubt we receive all the fullness of God at the baptism of the holy spirit but we also need Christ to be formed in us through maturity and even Jesus himself it is said that he learnt through sufferings as well and so he was perfected through sufferings so now we got to mature even as the apostles had to mature from that point on and learn ,with this same pattern to become a mature Saints as you know faith grows I see it as it starts out as a mustard seed small and when we confess gods truth and meditate on his word that small seed grows into a massive tree whereby our faith becomes like Christs faith, that's being formed into the image of Christ from image-to-image and glory to glory even has by the spirit of the Lord, we got to learn to put to death our members and learn what it means to die daily but one thing I can say is when you get the revelation that you died with Christ and that is no longer you who live but christ who lives in you, it becomes easier and easier and we developed a habit of not sinning but putting to death our members and it becomes extremely exciting and day by day after the revelation that we died with Christ as the apostle Paul said, reckon yourselves dead unto but alive unto god in Jesus Christ, it becomes exciting and easier but at the same time the devil's and the demons will come to attack us but god works all things for good for those that love god and those thatare called according to his purpose and we get stronger and understand that we have full power over every demon every single demon, put on the shield of faith whearby you will be able to quench every fire in dart of the wicked one, every demon of sickness we have a athority over them, and our faith just keeps growing it's a beautiful experience I find myself just shaking my head with tears everyday last couple of months because we are so not worthy of this blessing and it just makes it all the more better and enjoyable god bless your brother.

2021/2/5 4:08Profile
TorontoDan

Re:

I will share in time. I've been really convicted to pray for the members of this site before posting anything more to this site, and so with that I'm removing my post. Take care.

2021/2/5 8:51Profile
Platy

Re:

Martyn Lloyd-Jones recalled, 'Dr. Tozer and I shared a conference years ago, and I appreciated his ministry and his fellowship very much. One day he said to me: 'Lloyd-Jones, you and I hold just about the same position on spiritual matters, but we have come to this position by different routes.' 'How do you mean?' I asked. 'Well,' Tozer replied, 'you came by way of the Puritans and I came by way of the mystics.'

2021/2/5 9:15Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

13 till we all come to the unity of the faith (A)and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to (B)a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be (C)children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of (D)deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the (E)head—Christ— ( Ephesians 4:13-15.

12 Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal,(A) but I press on to take hold(B) of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.(C) 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind(D) and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on(E) toward the goal to win the prize(F) for which God has called(G) me heavenward in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:12-17).

My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you, (Galatians 4:19)

2021/2/5 9:53Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: TorontoDan

Quote:
I will share in time. I've been really convicted to pray for the members of this site before posting anything more to this site, and so with that I'm removing my post. Take care.

As one that don't post here much anymore, "just reads" I can totally relate to this. I do understand some debates can be healthy, and we all can learn from them, but it's been a long, long time I've see one like that.

Most start out to be healthy and sincere, only to end up seeing folks on here saying words that only dilute the original post, and it ends causing a lot of strife. We are living in a day, where everyone wants and needs to be right, no matter what the cost, admitting wrong is almost unheard of these days.

We must remember, the word is called the living word of God, sometimes it ministers to all of us differently, so if it ministers to us differently, we are never going to always agree on what some scriptures minister to us, so why carry on and try to win, like it's some sort of competition? I wish we could all focus more on God, and how HE is moving in the world today.

Jeremiah says in 29:13 "You shall seek Me, and find Me, when you shall search for Me with all your heart."

We are standing on the threshold of change. The Lord is moving in a more powerful way than ever before and an entirely new dimension is opening before us. God's Word is made available to us daily through many different mediums so that we are able to grow in His wisdom and understand His will.

His Spirit is calling us into a place of deeper intimacy with Him so that we can know His heart. When we understand God's will and yield our lives to His heart's desire, our prayers will reach into eternity and bring His infinite power to Earth. Our lives will show forth His glory and our witness will bring honor to Him and Him alone.

The Prophet Jeremiah said that we would only find God when we search for Him with all of our heart. God is not playing hard to get, but He will not be found until a diligent search is made. He is looking for total commitment and He will not show Himself to us until He sees that our heart is desperate for Him. We will not experience God if we approach Him with prayers that are inspired by our own foolish desires and notions.

If we intend to find God at all, His kingdom must be our main interest. He must become more important to us than our next breath, the food that we eat, or the water that we drink. Our entire lives must communicate to God that He is life to our being and that we love Him for who He is, not for what He gives.

2021/2/5 9:53Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Amen Brother Bill

“If we intend to find God at all, His kingdom must be our main interest. He must become more important to us than our next breath, the food that we eat, or the water that we drink. Our entire lives must communicate to God that He is life to our being and that we love Him for who He is, not for what He gives.”

2021/2/5 9:58Profile
Platy

Re:

Just to clarify TorontoDan had posted something about Christians coming to God in different ways. My post was just affirming what he said. It looks out of place now since he deleted it.

2021/2/5 10:05Profile
beloved-vern

Re: Seeking the Fullness of Christ

you wrote

"We know in John 20 the disciples received the Holy Spirit, after Christ death for our sins and resurrection, showing God the Fathers approval of the undeserved transaction that took place for us. John 20:22"

But look what Christ said

John 16:7-1, "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

2021/2/5 10:25Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Platy

Platy wrote

Quote:
Just to clarify TorontoDan had posted something about Christians coming to God in different ways. My post was just affirming what he said. It looks out of place now since he deleted it.

I understand, I guess I was just offering an opinion on "some" of the debates I've read here lately. I just wanted to hopefully offer some thoughts/ideas that could help us change the course of some of these debates, and to focus more on God, and gain that personal relationship with HIM that I know we all really desire....Carry on.

2021/2/5 10:35Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy