SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Overcome evil

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Overcome evil

Psalm 34:11 Come, you children, listen to me; I will teach you to revere and worshipfully fear the Lord.

Is there any other reason for living, but to revere and worshipfully fear the LORD? How do we do this? Ah, the preacher says "listen", and he will tell you. It is comforting that I don't have to rely on hear-say and personal opinion. I don't need a covenant or a charter. Just listen. If your heart is truly willing to respond, he will speak to you.

12 What man is he who desires life and longs for many days, that he may see good?

If I asked this question alone here on the page, I would certainly expect every hand to go up.

13 Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit.

Remember we covered this? Before you speak ask, "Is it true? Then, is it love? And finally, is it necessary?"
Otherwise, don't speak it.

14 Depart from evil and do good; seek, inquire for, and crave peace and pursue (go after) it!

That is repentance any way you slice it and dice it. Stop sinning. Stop exposing your vessel to "spiritual toxins and poisons" of this world. MEDIA GARBAGE. All forms. Read Ps 1.

Romans 12:21 Do not let yourself be overcome by evil, but overcome (master) evil with good.

Same thing. If you are busy doing good (charity - benevolent love), you have far less time to spend with the powers of darkness that spews out at every turn in media and local gossip (in and out of "church") 1 Co 13 says without charity, all our religious hoopla is nothing more than noise, and there is nothing but air on the inside. Is that you?

15 The eyes of the Lord are toward the [uncompromisingly] righteous and His ears are open to their cry.

I am so glad the Amp Bible put that word "(uncompromisingly)" in front of "righteous". HIS ears are open to these!!!!! It's not COMPLICATED!!! He who does righteousness, is righteous. CHARITY is RIGHTEOUSNESS. It is evidence that you are HIS disciple!!! No COMPROMISE!

16 The face of the Lord is against those who do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

Not only will HE not hear your prayers, no matter how desperate your need, HE will forget you exist! SOMEBODY NEEDS TO WAKE UP HERE.

17 When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their distress and troubles.

There's that "all" word again. People are wondering why YEHOVAH seems so unresponsive? It's plain as day right here. You're living like the world, taking HIS name in VAIN by calling yourself a "CHRISTIAN". Stop that! Call yourself a "christian" if you must. But if you will not repent, don't add to that by calling yourself a "christian".

18 The Lord is close to those who are of a broken heart and saves such as are crushed with sorrow for sin and are humbly and thoroughly penitent.

Oh a humble and contrite heart HE will in no way cast out. Just don't try to tell HIM you're humble and contrite, and yet you will not say no to the FILTH of this world.
You can argue with me, my friend. But good luck trying to argue with the ALMIGHTY GOD!

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

You don't need me or anyone to settle this matter. It is your own choice, my friend. You decide. It's between you and YEHOVAH.

2021/2/4 11:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy