SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Psalm 73 can be life for your soul during these times

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Psalm 73 can be life for your soul during these times

Man, we went through Psalm 73 in our home group tonight and it was like rhema in many ways to all of us. Disappointed about recent events in this nation, wondering why the wicked seem to be flourishing unchecked, trying to untangle from secular politics and regain fully again a heavenly perspective? Give Psalm 73 a read or two. It's like it was written for these days.

Blessings saints. Be encouraged.

2021/2/3 23:41Profile
TorontoDan

Re: Psalm 73 can be life for your soul during these times

From gleaning over the pages on this forum, it seems to me brother that many on this forum suffer undue stress because they either do not know our faithful and loving God, or they do not believe Him.

Have you ever sincerely considered these verses:

God is good, and does good. Psalm 119:68

...who works all things according to the counsel of His will Ephesians 1:11

God works all things for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

If we walk by sight, by what we see happening in this world, if we walk by feeling, if our eyes are only on what we think is good or bad for us, if we live by what we hear, the so called "news" of this world. If we do these things, we are walking by our senses, which is called "walking by the flesh", if you walk in your flesh, you will never know or see the goodness of our God. Everything that happens in your life, whether you lose your job, your parent or child dies, you are sick, happens for your eternal good. God is good, and can only do good. He is sovereign meaning that nothing can happen in our lives or this world, unless God permits it to be so. If you walk by faith, in the word of God. Laying hold of His character and promises, you will know how true and loving and faithful our God really is. God works His salvation in us. Every event in your life is for the purpose of your real good. When you trust God and believe this, you will understand what I'm sharing. Disappoint only comes to those who do not believe or trust God, by reason of their senses.

2021/2/4 7:04Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
From gleaning over the pages on this forum, it seems to me brother that many on this forum suffer undue stress because they either do not know our faithful and loving God, or they do not believe Him.

Brother,

I would encourage you to relent from making comments that disparage or speak towards others in the forum in the a critical way. The SermonIndex forums have 10,000's of people registered over the years from 100's if not 1000's of denomations and backgrounds. Believers of all different maturity levels and growth in our Lord Jesus Christ.

It is not undue stress to seek to follow the Lord in righteousness and true holiness.

Romans 8:13
New King James Version
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Hebrews 12:14
New King James Version
14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:

Carrying our cross and denying self is part of Christian life. It is the grace of God that helps us grow also in not just resting in God's provisions but also to modify and deny ungodliness.

here is a statment from the about us page on sermonindex:

"No matter what Christian background, we are able to find the common ground of being true disciples of Jesus Christ by picking up the cross and following Him (Luke 9:23). SermonIndex did not begin with any ambitions of ministry succcess but rather the Holy Spirit leading to its inception (Zechariah 4:6). Revival speaks to us of the very worship of God and His presence, meeting with and experiencing Jesus Christ. We see a picture of this genuine presence of God in, Isaiah 6, where God is seen 'high and exalted.' Another picture of this we see in Revelation 5 where there is 'a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain.' Revival is about experiencing and knowing this very Lamb of God, Jesus Christ. "

2021/2/4 7:17Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Psalm 73 can be life for your soul during these times

Quote:
we went through Psalm 73 in our home group tonight and it was like rhema in many ways to all of us. Disappointed about recent events in this nation, wondering why the wicked seem to be flourishing unchecked, trying to untangle from secular politics and regain fully again a heavenly perspective? Give Psalm 73 a read or two. It's like it was written for these days.

Amen brother.

Psalm 73
New King James Version

73 Truly God is good to Israel,
To such as are pure in heart.
2 But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled;
My steps had nearly slipped.
3 For I was envious of the boastful,
When I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
4 For there are no [a]pangs in their death,
But their strength is firm.
5 They are not in trouble as other men,
Nor are they plagued like other men.
6 Therefore pride serves as their necklace;
Violence covers them like a garment.
7 Their [b]eyes bulge with abundance;
They have more than heart could wish.
8 They scoff and speak wickedly concerning oppression;
They speak [c]loftily.
9 They set their mouth against the heavens,
And their tongue walks through the earth.
10 Therefore his people return here,
And waters of a full cup are drained by them.
11 And they say, “How does God know?
And is there knowledge in the Most High?”
12 Behold, these are the ungodly,
Who are always at ease;
They increase in riches.
13 Surely I have [d]cleansed my heart in vain,
And washed my hands in innocence.
14 For all day long I have been plagued,
And chastened every morning.
15 If I had said, “I will speak thus,”
Behold, I would have been untrue to the generation of Your children.
16 When I thought how to understand this,
It was [e]too painful for me—
17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God;
Then I understood their end.
18 Surely You set them in slippery places;
You cast them down to destruction.
19 Oh, how they are brought to desolation, as in a moment!
They are utterly consumed with terrors.
20 As a dream when one awakes,
So, Lord, when You awake,
You shall despise their image.
21 Thus my heart was grieved,
And I was [f]vexed in my mind.
22 I was so foolish and ignorant;
I was like a beast before You.
23 Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You hold me by my right hand.
24 You will guide me with Your counsel,
And afterward receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.
26 My flesh and my heart fail;
But God is the [g]strength of my heart and my portion forever.
27 For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish;
You have destroyed all those who [h]desert You for harlotry.
28 But it is good for me to draw near to God;
I have put my trust in the Lord God,
That I may declare all Your works.

2021/2/4 7:19Profile
TorontoDan

Re:

Ok brother, sorry to offend you. Take care.

2021/2/4 9:56Profile
brothagary

Re:

brother David, don't be too disappointed gods working to plow and prepare the hearts of men with hardship through situations that look bad, he's causing Christians to not trust in the flesh especially trusting in kings or presidents, its a shaking of men's faith, while he is working all these things for good like dan said, causing certain ones to look to him only for provision and comfort rather than situations, he is on my right hand and I shall not be moved, we are today seated in heavenly places, and have already received every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places. therefore did my heart rejoice and my tongue was glad. This will be for some, not a good situation because they are offended at how their hope seems lost , which will prove that
they hoped for what they see rather than the blessed hope of our glorious God, the appearing of our savior Jesus Christ, and the cares of this world will choke out the seed of the word of god which was planted by the holy spirit .This is not you , And others will he teach by his own mighty hand to trust fully in god. and he will lead those whom he teaches, to pray for the awakening that is coming, and spread the word , many will be a apart this preparation for a great revival , and we will be the ones privileged to see and be part of a great harvest of souls .. GOD does work all things for good for those that love him and are called according to his great purpose. Spread the word brother he is coming again with his spirit and then his feet will again be walking the earth .

2021/2/4 13:44Profile
docs

Re:

I came to peace about the election etc. a couple of Sundays ago when the message given by a visiting minister was on taking up the sword or embracing the cup. Peter took up the sword at the same time Jesus was praying to be able to embrace the cup the Father had given Him to drink. We have a choice now as the people of God I believe. I want to be willing to drink the cup, even if it means being ruled over in this nation by a evil cadre of leaders. God knows exactly what He is doing. The wicked may flourish and seem to have not a care in the world but it is them who are to be most pitied. Last night in prayer group, it just seemed like Psalm 73 was revealing to us what the Lord has already been working in us. We have been disappointed lately but we should and are still full of faith.

Thank you for your words and blessings.

2021/2/4 15:59Profile
brothagary

Re:

Amen brother thanks for your kind words they are a blessing ...

2021/2/4 16:17Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy