Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Soak Yourself In The Bible

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Platy

Soak Yourself In The Bible

Soak yourself in the bible.

Get a systematic bible reading plan if you don't have one already. Usually going through the bible once every 90 days is a good pace if you are just starting out. 60 days is better if you can handle it.

Read the daily portions and meditate on it (don't rush). You will start to see God speaking to you in a very providential way. For example, if I fall into a sin and God usually points it out to me immediately through that days bible reading portion. Recently on Biden's inauguration Romans 13 was what I was reading that day.

Bible reading/meditation is the primary way you hear from God. Whatever he shows you obey it. I believe this is how you abide in Jesus by abiding in his words (the bible).

George Mueller was known as a man of prayer. He stated that there was one thing more important that he found than prayer and that was to meditate on the word of God (bible). His reasoning for this was that as you meditate on the bible it goes down into your heart where it changes your thinking and you are more inclined to walk in obedience (my paraphrase).

Psalm 1
1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

You can only do this with the illumination of the Holy Spirit so read with the faith that God will speak to you as you read.

Psalms 119:18
Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.

2021/2/1 14:51Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Soak Yourself In The Bible

Amen dear brother, great exhoration for us to heed. To bathe ourselves in the Words of God instead of the defiling words of news media and the world.

watch this 5 min clip to the end, saints:

(Audio Sermon Clip) God Is Jealous for You by Keith Daniel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTpTlB_lups

2021/2/1 18:02Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy