SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Calling the wise virgins...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

Re:

staff,

/Post trib believers mostly believe that "you can lose your salvation" and Pre trib mostly believe "once saved always saved"./

Any Evidence? Actual statements or quotes from those who teach on each side? Hearsay? Your own opinion? I think you need to qualify it for us instead of making these broad statements. As far as post trib believers go, this hasn't been my experience at all.

"Cheap grace" is a reference to Dietrich Bonhoeffer's famous essay where he described modern grace many times being grace that doesn't require repentance, a change of heart and life style. Just join a church or put your name on a membership role and you are thought to be Christian. That is cheap grace that basically requires nothing of a person.

/Tied in with this is the problem they have with Persecution and their deliberate flawed understanding of Tribulation./

This is not true and is also an accusation. Pre trib and post trib believers understand well the difference between tribulation that all believers experience and "the" great tribulation that will occur at the end of the age.

If thy know something but are deliberately misrepresenting what they believe, then they are dishonest. This in its self is a dishonest accusation not rooted in reality but your personal bias. I don't agree with the pre trib view, but they are not dishonest on this point as you insinuate.

/Paul for instance went through persecution and he listed the benefits of persecution but he never longed for it or went out of his way to find it,/

That is not news to anyone, whether one is pre trib or post trib. Believing that persecution is in the future for Christian believers is not actively seeking it. Nothing could be further from the truth. If I were you also, I would consider stopping the mocking of other believers with your suggestion that they go to North Korea or somewhere if they are seeking persecution. It goes along with your totally untrue statement that many believers were disappointed that Hillary Clinton didn't get elected because it meant they would not get to suffer persecution under her.

Many things are wrong about your post. It makes me think you have not really looked into these issues because if you have, you could not state some of the things you have. I'm not going to get into a long swap of posts and counter posts. Your statements in your post contain man subjective flaws.

2021/2/2 12:33Profile
staff

Re:

Yeah Billy ,
Keep your prayers and just be respectful to other peoples views ,thanks staff

2021/2/2 13:34Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Docs,
I stand by what I said regarding the post trib view,losing of salvation,the measuring of grace by calling it cheap,and the delibrate confusion by post tribbers regarding the great tribulation.
Particularly their is no such a thing as "cheap grace" and cant be biblically proven.
I have looked eschatology more than any subject.Also im not mocking anyone ,if they desire persecution so much that we have endless worhip of it then go to places where perscution is and check it out.It is true about Hillary Clinton and some SI posters ,they hated that she didnt get in and persecution didnt come to America in 2016.
Subjective flaws in your opinion and everyone can have their say and I answered your posts and if you dont want to do me the same courtesy thats is your right,no problem,
urs staff

2021/2/2 13:48Profile
docs

Re:

You mention some having endless worship of persecution. This is just the type of brusque untrue misrepresentations of others I am speaking of. It's false and rude.

2021/2/2 13:54Profile
docs

Re:

Pls disregard. Double post.

2021/2/2 13:55Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Sree,
Thats the point your missing scripture is not at all clear that we go through the trib.
If scripture was so clear on the subject then we wouldnt have the three main views pre,mid and post
I am not saying that my view is the right view as all views seem to come short on certain parts.
Many Christians from all sides can debate to a high level on the merits of one over the other.I did point out that OSAS has problems but also that losing salvation has problems both to do with grace,
I agree with you here on the face of it but I would say that we would probably disagree if we broke the sentence down but perhaps not.

"So anyone who is truly born again will always be ready to meet Christ.

"as scripture is very clear on the coming of Christ and the Church going through tribulation."

urs staff

2021/2/2 14:01Profile
TorontoDan

Re:

Staff you should be banned from this forum. Seeing that they permit someone of your questionable character on this forum, who only stirs up strife, it answers my question whether it is worthwhile to continue participating in this forum. I'm out.

2021/2/2 16:03Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Toronto Dan ,
I have not stirred up any strife ,its easy to throw around accusations.Any time anyone says anything bad about a post trib rapture(second coming) on SI their are always poor responses to it.Not all people view this subject through that lens.
I notice that you didnt step in defend me when Brothergary was hurling insults earlier??,
urs staff

2021/2/2 18:53Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Docs,
How can this be false or rude?
We need a balanced approach to persecution.Their are more posts about persecution on SI than anything you would have to agree about that,surely?
Ive heard so many misrepresentations about pre trib osas believers beliefs over the years on SI and no one thinks thats wrong ? but when the short comings of the other side is mentioned its rude and false?,
urs staff

2021/2/2 18:58Profile
docs

Re:

You are just wanting to fight a bit more and have the last word.

Saying people on SI that believe persecution is likely coming have a endless worship of persecution. Saying they were disappointed because Hillary Clinton didn't get elected because they wouldn't be persecuted like they desire. Mockingly suggesting people move to North Korea so they can have their persecution. If you can't see how such statements are rude, besides being patently false, nothing I can say will reveal it to you at this point.

I recommend a bit more salt in your speech. No matter how you reply this is my last post on the matter.

Over and out.

2021/2/2 19:59Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy