SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Calling the wise virgins...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
brothagary

Re:

amen billy, whom the Son sets free will be free indeed because he who commits sins is the slave of sin, but we can and are slaves of righteousness now, Jesus wants to set us free of all sin, even shyness which had plagued me most of my life since I was a little boy if only we can believe that we are dead to sin, and let Christ be fully formed in us, Paul said it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me ... if we by the Spirit do put to death the deeds of the body we will live in a victory that in many denominations is not being taught, and therefore our brothers stay in bondage to certain sins that Jesus died for,, the bible says resist the devil and he will flee from us . even all lust did you know we can crusafie it all by the spirit of faith , all things are possible to him who believes, we can be entirely sanctified and can completely set free from fear because fear involves torment, but this perfect spirit of love shall cast out all fear and sin , and we can be cleansed from all unrighteousness , and walk even as our master walked ..jesus said a deciple is not greater then his master , but when he has been taught , he WILL BE like his master .....

2021/2/1 17:07Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: could it be

Maybe as a phrase becomes more familiar it also becomes abstract... losing its initial point of focus.
Perhaps what is sometimes called “losing salvation” is in all honesty a “working out of their salvation” yet emotions get involved and sobriety of mind is forfeited.

If we’re all honest with ourselves, none of us “KNOWS” for certain exactly how salvation works in its totality, which why there is and has been debate over this subject since at least Augustine. We believe we “know” and act in faith to that which we do believe (wether it corresponds to our mouth confession or not). That is why we need grace, because no matter how well we think we see... we see dimly. Even the “Elijahs” have their “Jezebels” just as they have their “Elishas”. Meaning due to our limited perspective we can only see Gods faithfulness clearly in certain areas while others lay undiscovered to us. Even Peter was rebuked for such after years as an Apostle.

So no one, save our Lord, is above rebuke because on our best day in our best efforts, we still fall short of the complete picture.
If we can’t agree on this or a similar point, any discussion will inevitably follow the broad way of the world thru the works of the flesh; variance, strife, divisions, all refuse to submit so they need a lot of road to share. Whereas the Lords way is narrow because it requires us to submit to a single way where each esteems others as greater than themselves.

I guess it is somewhat humiliating to not know,... but if we submit to our head (Christ), He knows and He shows us what we need to know to do what He calls us to do. It’s a compartmentalized, need to know basis kinda thing and He doesn’t let His left hand (Peter) know what His right hand (John) know what He is telling/doing with it.

We are supposed to fight with each other-
Some will read the statement with as “against” while others will read it “alongside” ....

“to he who is holy, everything is holy... to he that is not holy, nothing is.”

2021/2/1 18:06Profile
Sree

Re:

I believe it is a simple question. Jesus clearly told us that at his coming there will be foolish Christians (virgins) who will not be ready for his coming. The apostles called their time as last days and even last hour. Then 2000 years later we are living in last second. How much more should we be diligent in being a wise virgin. Instead of going into theological arguments on when Jesus will come (post or pretrib), who will be saved (OSAS or Armenian), we can all share on how we can be a wise virgin in the coming days. I believe that will benefit us more than these worthless arguments.

2021/2/1 19:19Profile
TorontoDan

Re:

The only reason why I do not post much on this site is because I have not prayed much for it. An important lesson I have learned is that unless we intercede for carnal believers and unbelievers alike, pray that God convicts them of their sins, brings them to godly repentance, foregivess, cleansing, mortification and sanctification, there will be none. God purposely wants to teach spiritual believers, that as with all things, it is His work of grace. And though we may know, by His grace, many truths and have received much faith and wisdom from Him, that other Christians seem lacking of. Its for the purpose that we may pray for those in the body who thinking they see, are really still blind. The soil of their hearts are not ready to receive the truth. So although we may speak truth and deep mysteries, others cannot hear. But if we dig a little deeper, it's for the same reason there is no love in the denominations. It is because we try to create that love ourselves instead of trusting God to bring us together as one. Prayer, faith and patience in the living God are the universal remedies for all hindrances. We who by God's grace have received much from Him, must bear with the sickly body through much intercession. Absolute and perfect faith in the living God, is perfect self denial. Because, in it we acknowledge only God can do all things, and we are nothing and helpless without Him. God will time and time again bring us to frustration with all our endeavors in sharing truths with other believers, until we have learned that only God can open their ears and prepare their hearts. We must pray much for them. Not one day or one week or one month or one year. But starting today and bringing our prayers to God until He intercedes. He brings us to see, that we are absolutely helpless without Him. We cannot expect any advance unless it is His work of grace. It really is brother, true love, when we waste our lives on our fellow brethren, praying for them and interceding for them. That is what the church is missing, true believers in the power of God. The life of faith is ...Resting in His almighty power to keep us from sin, to work salvation in us, until Christ be formed in us. With much love to all of you. Brother Daniel

2021/2/1 20:42Profile
brothagary

Re:

amen brother dan, and amen brother sree ,and amen brother flecter

2021/2/1 21:50Profile
staff

Re:

Hi ,
The foolish virgins could be the ones not ready for the rapture because they are not expecting him to return in that way.Stubborningly refusing to believe the Church is going to be raptured and are unprepared because of that,
urs staff

2021/2/2 6:34Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Dear Staff,

May I plead with you to cease - I am embarrassed for you.

mak

2021/2/2 8:31Profile
staff

Re:

Dear dear Mak,
I think everyone is totally entitled for their opinion and views and if you dont like my theological views just come out and say so.I didnt see you get on your moral high ground earlier when I was being insulted by dear dear brothegary!Your post is the least genuine post so far on this thread .At least brothegaray doesnt pretend to have any manners.

My points are totally valid and I repeat them .
Could it be that people who dont understand the rapture and think that we go through the Tribulation are the foolish virgins ,
urs staff

2021/2/2 8:43Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

My points are totally valid and I repeat them .
Could it be that people who dont understand the rapture and think that we go through the Tribulation are the foolish virgins ,

I am trying to answer assuming this is a genuine question. I do not get involved in PreTrib and Post trib rapture arguments, as scripture is very clear on the coming of Christ and the Church going through tribulation. The important thing is to be ready for His coming.

Just because someone believes in the coming tribulation, does not mean he will not be ready for the coming of Christ. Irrespective of when the coming of Christ is, we are going to meet him for sure either by his appearance or by our death on this earth. We don't know when we will die. So anyone who is truly born again will always be ready to meet Christ.

For example, every pregnant woman knows that she will not deliver a child until she goes through delivery pain. But does that mean she will be unprepared till the pain comes? My own wife who has delivered 3 children was prepared long before her delivery with her delivery bag fully packed!

Also if we believe in this logic then we should also believe that OSAS people will live in Sin because they believe that they cannot lose their salvation! If what we believe can bring lethargy then the most dangerous of all beliefs to me is OSAS. It can easily take a person to Hell!

2021/2/2 10:29Profile
billy1980

Tennesse

Re:

Hi Staff,

I pray daily for you now. Is there anything in particular you need prayer concerning?

In Love,

Billy

2021/2/2 10:43Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy