SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Calling the wise virgins...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
ET101

Calling the wise virgins...

seeing as the midnight hour approaches fast, any last words of advice on some last-minute oil I can store up? [Resources]

2021/2/1 2:57Profile
brothagary

Re: Calling the wise virgins...

the teachings of Christ and the apostle paul are your best resources. make up your mind that you will die for christ because you are meant to have already died with christ ,get your head around those typs of doctrines ,and start fasting and praying right now , and you will get the oil you need ,if you don't denie your self and take up your cross in these last days , you will fall away with the rest of the lukewarm Christians, one must not practice any sins ,without holiness know one will see the lord brother. don't make up any excuses for any sin even the smallest ,and let holy spirit convict you ...5But if anyone keeps His word, the love of God has been truly perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him: 6 Whoever claims to abide in Him must walk as Jesus walked. 19Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of [g]Christ depart from iniquity.”

2021/2/1 4:10Profile
staff

Re:

Hi all,
If you work hard enough at it and do all the right things you will be able to get to heaven without grace!
I think all the people who want to deny themselves should get on a plane to South Korea and cross the border into the North Korea and they will be gauranteed martyrdom.
Of course this is only for those superior Christians who dont see themselves as lukewarm,
urs staff

2021/2/1 5:16Profile
brothagary

Re:

More wisdom from the man who loves to talk ,now placing stumbling blocks in front others . God help us . Can you smell the leaven in here brothers and sisters , seek god brothers and sisters ,and denie your selves

2021/2/1 6:33Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

seeing as the midnight hour approaches fast, any last words of advice on some last-minute oil I can store up? [Resources]

Foolish Virgins And the Soon Coming Of Christ by Edgar Reich
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=24623&commentView=itemComments

Brethren,

This is surely a time to seek the Lord while He may be found. Wonderful exhoration in this thread to get oil, to seek victory over beseting sins, the seek to be like Lot (not turning back to look at this passing world). I recommend saints read end times passages in scriptures over and over. Matthew 24-25

There is a coming "test" trial to the entire world and it will catch many (including believers) off-guard who are not "watching and praying"

The Lord help us all during these times to be close to Him.

2021/2/1 8:04Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Brothagary ,
Perhaps you need to work harder so that you can save yourself and forget about Grace.You can then boast in heaven I got here on my own,I worked hard for it.Plenty of works to be done in North Korea.
The problem with Post Tribulation Christianity is not whether we go through the Tribulation or not ,its all the other false doctrine that comes with like the on again off again doctrine of Grace and salvation,One minute ur saved and the next minute ur doomed ,one minute ur saved ,the next minute ur doomed ,one minute ur saved the next.......I think even people with a limited intellect and wisdom could understand that,
urs staff

2021/2/1 9:10Profile
Sree

Re: Calling the wise virgins...

I also see this as the last days with the Pandemic and seeing the world turning upside down.

I am setting my heart on having my standard surpass that of Pharisees.

Matt 5:20 - For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

The Pharisees had a very good external testimony but internally they were not pleasing God. Jesus called them whitewashed tombs. The Oil is internal stuff inside a lamp. No one knows if the Lamp has oil inside it or not. In the same way, if we need to have oil then we need to seek to please the Lord in the inside area of our life where no one is seeing us.

2021/2/1 9:35Profile
docs

Re:

Staff

Can you perhaps explain what you mean by post tribulation believers believing in an on again off again type of salvation? It's news to me is why I am asking and I have never come across it or heard it voiced even once from any post-trib believers.

Have any post-trib teachers taught this and if so, can you provide any quotes from them of this being taught?

It's all new news to me.

2021/2/1 12:41Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Docs,
Post trib believers mostly believe that "you can lose your salvation" and Pre trib mostly believe "once saved always saved".
The problem for Post Trib believers because if you can "lose" your salvation ,then what causes the loss? when does it occur and can I regain it again.And if not why not.How do I know Ive lost my salvation.How do you know Ive lost my salvation?
What if I lose my salvation with one day to go before I die?
Although they say grace is enough ,it isnt and you will see them trying to measure Grace by saying things like "cheap grace" .If you can lose your salvation then grace has to be measurable in some way.Do they believe we will go through the trib because of their salvation view ?or the other way around?.Of course no Post Trib believer will say that you can lose ur salvation and gain it back and lose it again but thats the outcome of their argument.When you confront them of this they will bombard you with endless scripture to hide their obvious problem with conditional grace.
Tied in with this is the problem they have with Persecution and their delibrate flawed understanding of Tribulation.
Paul for instance went through persecution and he listed the benefits of persecution but he never longed for it or went out of his way to find it,
urs staff
P.s Pre trib believers also have a problem with the doctrine of Grace insumuch as what is allowable and what is not.

2021/2/1 15:46Profile
billy1980

Tennesse

Re:

Brother Gary

“The teachings of Christ and the apostle Paul are your best resources. Make up your mind that you will die for Christ because you are meant to have already died with christ. Get your head around those typs of doctrines, and start fasting and praying right now, and you will get the oil you need. If you don't deny yourself and take up your cross in these last days You will fall away with the rest of the lukewarm Christians. One must not practice any sins. Without holiness no one will see the Lord brother! Don't make up any excuses for any sin even the smallest, and let the Holy Spirit convict you.”

Amen Brother Gary

I would just add practice righteousness, and any sin the Holy Spirit convicts you of repent of it! And through the grace we have received through Christ Jesus; forsake those sins! Through the Spirits empowering! We have all things through Christ. We only need to walk in them through the Spirits empowering, direction, and God’s instructions written in His Word.

2021/2/1 16:47Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy