SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Word Of God Can"t Fail

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
brothagary

Re:

mak why let your opinions and experiences nullify the word of god, does God say in his word that an 80-year-old needs to die of cancer, no verse in the bible will back up a claim like that, God said man can live to 120 years, you curse a person at 80 to die of cancer for the lake of faith in gods holy word mak I'm really disappointed that you even mention that let alone think like that, I would speak life and blessing over that person, you would watch them die, do you really believe what you stated ... and you say I'm planting seeds of doubt ... life and death is in the power of our tongue, brother speak life, stop it ... and believe the gospel, those words smell of death and doubt,

2021/2/3 16:03Profile
brothagary

Re:

Thats enough for me , believe what you choose

2021/2/3 16:10Profile
Platy

Re:

I know this is a descriptive text but there is quite a bit of information given to us here.

Read Acts 3 and 4.

The book of Acts could be called the book of Acts of Peter and Paul. The first half is about Peter and then Peter fades and then the second half is about Paul. The original poster wrote about Paul healing a man who had the faith to be healed. Note there are some parallels between Peter and Paul in the book of Acts. I believe this is one of them. Peter's version of healing the lame man is found in Acts 3 and 4. Both men were lame and they were lame from their mother's womb.

The man that Peter healed. Here is the information we can gather from the text:

1. He was lame from his mother's womb (Acts 3:2).
2. He sat daily at the gate of the temple which is called Beautiful to ask alms (Acts 3:2).
3. He was above forty years old (Acts 4:22).
4. All the people knew who he was including the rulers (Acts 3:9-10, 4:14-16).
5. The purpose of his healing was to glorify God (Acts 4:21).

Here lies the problem. Jesus was alive just a few months prior to this healing and he surely passed by this man and knew of this man (for all the people knew who he was). The man was more than forty years old and sitting at the gate everyday. The text indicates he must have coming and sitting at the gate for a long time or his entire life even. The question then is how come Jesus did not heal him?

This is a difficult subject I will admit I'm somewhere in the middle but I am against the word of faith movement. Even some of the verses presented here are grossly taken out of context of their intended meaning.

2021/2/3 20:55Profile
Platy

Re:

On the other hand what do you do with this text that was mentioned in this thread:

James 5:14-15 - Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

I have two systematic theology books. One is by Wayne Grudem the other one is by John Macarthur. Both are noted theologians and I respect them both.

I did a quick search through both of the books.

Grudem wrote on page 1043 (kindle location 26840):
"And James expects that healing will occur at the hands of the elders in all the churches to which he writes (see James 5:14-16)"

Sorry I can't copy and paste the entire paragraph but Grudem is writing (from my understanding) that James himself is expecting there to be healing if James 5:14-16 is carried out. The phrase "prayer of faith" is used so one of the conditions then must be that it has to be done in faith.

Couldn't find anything on Macarthur's systematic theology about that passage in regard to healing but then again I did a quick search. I'll look more thoroughly and post if I find anything.

2021/2/4 7:14Profile
FranklinB

Re:

Dear narrowpath

I never said that you can demand God about anything because I know that whatever He does it's by his grace not by anything of myself. I don't understand how I can reduce God to being a healer when He said that He already is a healer, in fact that is one of his covenant names Jehovah Rapha the Lord that healeth thee so how is that reducing him to something. And yes Jesus did come to save, but that's not all he came to do 1John 3:8 says he came to destroy the works of the devil which sickness is. The scripture also say he carried our sicknesses and diseases and our pains so if he took ours that means he wants us free of them and they have no legal right. It was sin that brought sickness it was one man that loosed sickness upon mankind and just as one man loosed sickness upon mankind, now Jesus is taking them upon himself for our freedom from them, they have no legal right because Jesus paid the price for them. And I know that God is sovereign,but even in that God has given man dominion on the earth which means that He can't just do what He wants to do when He wants to do it, but He must work through mankind. Like in Acts 16:16-18 when that devil grieved Paul and it say that after many days Paul being grieved turned and said the spirit, "I command thee in the name of Jesus to come out of her" and he came out the same hour. Now, I know it was the power of God that did that, but that power did nothing without Paul because that same thing he did after many days he could have done day one, but he choose to let that devil grieve him not God. But, once he chose to exercise the authority given to him now the power of God can legally operate in the earth.

I thank you for reading this article and for your feedback. God Bless!

2021/2/4 16:59Profile
brothagary

Re:

“Beloved, I pray that in every way you may prosper and enjoy good health, as your soul also prospers” (3 John 1:2). this is gods will for all of you and he desires that all come should to repentance not willing that any should perish,,, Believe the gospel and you will be blessed and become a blessing, move away from the teachings of man for all things are possible for him who believes.

2021/2/6 6:52Profile
brothagary

Re:

For those that believe in the gifts of the spirit obviously you believe in deliverance and casting out demons one question I have how many demons do we have the authority over just some of them, or all of them if we have authority over all the demons that cause sickness that means every single demon that causes sickness we have the authority cast out, now if sin is the reason that let the demons in, then repentance and the deliverance of that demon will heal that person period,now we know the demons cause much sickness so at least we should be able to agree on that but we have authority only because Jesus had the authority and he commanded us who believe in the gifts of the spirit and who believe his words to cast out demons to heal the sick freely you have received now freely you give and you'll be a blessing on the poor and the sick and upon our brothers who are oppressed don't deny them this. This is the love of God that has been shed abroad into our hearts, be a blessing and God will bless you.For those that don't believe in the gifts of the spirit and believe that these gifts ceased in the days of the apostles well just ignore what I've said so that we don't have to get an unnecessary debate because I won't be debating this, I bless you all in the mighty name of Jesus Christ the name which is above every name and that at that name every knee shall bow that is in heaven and that is on the earth and that is under the Earth and they will confess that he is Lord to the glory of God our father amen
Matthew 4:24,25
And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them…

2021/2/6 7:10Profile
brothagary

Re:

proverbs 3 7Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the Lord and depart from evil.
8It will be health to your flesh,
And strength to your bones.

2021/2/6 7:41Profile
brothagary

Re:

proverbs 4 20 My son, give attention to my words;
Incline your ear to my sayings.
21Do not let them depart from your eyes;
Keep them in the midst of your heart;
22For they are life to those who find them,
And health to all their flesh.

2021/2/6 7:46Profile
brothagary

Re:

Isaiah 58:8
Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will come quickly. Your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.

God has great plans for those that will hear his words tonight, seek the Lord with humility, and his blessings that you may not have known will break forth like lighting, into your life very soon!

2021/2/6 7:56Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy