SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Word Of God Can"t Fail

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: The Word Of God Can"t Fail

Hi brother Franklin,
I noticed you often post similar posts. I agree with brother havok that God still heals and I have experienced it myself, too. I prayed for sick people and they got healed.

There is a great danger in believing that I can release healing through God-on-demand, say the word, name it, claim it and receive it. This Word-of-faith teaching lead thousands astray. It reduces God to a healer and does not pay due honor to God. Jesus came to save and he used healing and miracles to demonstrate his love, power and authority. It is still there, it works by faith, but the sovereignity is still in God's hand, not ours. Faith is not what I can get out of God, but my surrender to his will and power. It is not that I am in control and God has to deliver on demand. Healing and miracles are signs that FOLLOW believers but they do not run ahead of them.

Suffering is appointed to the church and every saint will take a share. Suffering can come in all sorts of forms, persecution, sickness, exclusion, slander, betrayal, violence, imprisonment, verbal abuse and the like.

Paul was very clear about it. An in suffering we can overcome and have victory. Paul got in and our of suffering, it was his continous experience. It makes us more like Christ.

2021/2/3 11:20Profile
brothagary

Re:

infirmity
/ɪnˈfəːməti/
noun

physical or mental weakness:
"old age and infirmity come to men and women alike"
synonyms
weakness, hesitation, uncertainty, inconstancy, indecision, irresolution, irresoluteness, vacillation, fluctuation
antonyms
strength, certainty

repentance is necessary in many cases, and bibles say god wills that all come to repentance as well, so sin needs to be dealt with in those cases, which is gods will as well,, the blood cleanses us from only some sins , what, the blood cleanses from all sin and the body was whipped and beaten for bodily healings, I know Greg posted a sermon from Paris Reidhead, who in that sermon, mentioned john g.lake, in a positive way, he taught along with others that healing was provided for in the atonement. now if it was, was it a partial atonement, God doesn't do things in part ...
Matthew 4:23
Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people... unbelief which was a sin was one reason the main sin that caused Jesus not to heal , and it is the same today. brothers don't be the reason that some people are sick and dying in your life, it requires absolute faith to see many healings and deliverances from evil spirits, don't put a doubtful doctrine in your mind and expect God to use you to heal many sick people .. The bible says and that prayer of faith will save the sick and the Lord will raise him up if people want to hold on to sin in their life and maybe so, and they end up staying sick, so be it , preach repentance. Gods will is that we are holy <whole >.....2Bless the LORD, O my soul, and do not forget all His kind deeds— 3He who forgives all your iniquities and heals all your diseases, 4who redeems your life from the Pit and crowns you with loving devotion and compassion,… Please don't use unclear reasons, like unexplained examples of two or three sick people, to negate the atonement its self. That is the gospel and that is how much God so loved the world , just leave it at that , only believe, and I guaranty that god bless your faith and the faith of two or three, according to your faith Jesus said let it be done unto you . just adding for clarity, healing doesn't mean miracles , or instant healing , or us releing healing on-demand , the last would blasphemy to say

2021/2/3 11:57Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

We can argue about definitions and why sickness is appropriate in regard to these things; however, the fundamental issue is a failure to understand the atonement.

I don't deny healing. Again. I can't stress that enough.

However, you are proving my point that I mentioned at first. Now the issue is performance. "You don't experience these things because you need to repent, believe harder, etc, etc, etc." So what do I do when the healing doesn't come? I look inwardly, away from God, see my utter and complete failure, the sin that so easily ensnares me, and then I say "I guess I am not good enough to receive this healing."

Well tell me. How is it that one can, without being perfect, have enough faith to believe on the Lord and save their eternal souls while SIMULTANEOUSLY not having enough faith to be healed of every infirmity? Remember. God doesn't do things in part.

2021/2/3 12:18Profile
brothagary

Re:

brother my point was to say healing is provided for in the atonement just as cleansing of all sin is provided, and God wants all to come to full repentance and receive the full benefit of the death of Christ, the fall of man, and the sin of adam -caused sin to pass on to all men and results were sickness and disease, that all and through faith and repentance we can be heald of both ...that's all , your right we can argue , but I won't its 330 in morning god dint wake me up at the time to debate the finer point of the atonement, but to tremble at his word and worship I'm excited to do that now, not to waste precious time convincing you, because you make your own mind up ..Jesus either atoned for it or he didn't. it's your choice, iv read your post for many years brother and you know you have issues, Jesus said to be perfect and be holy as your heavenly father is, stop looking at your failures as you've done year after year after year, and know that your a son of most high god and its no long you an imperfect man who lives , but it is Christ who lives in you, that old man is dead. Faith is a gift, but it grows through hearing and hearing by the word of god, rather than doubting and debating, which you seem to like. bless you brother, I must go and pray and cry out to the Lord to strengthing me because the joy of the Lord is my strength ....

2021/2/3 12:45Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re: We do not have all that Christ gained now

Brother Gary wrote

"God wants all to come to full repentance and receive the full benefit of the death of Christ, the fall of man, and the sin of adam -caused sin to pass on to all men and results were sickness and disease, that all and through faith and repentance we can be heald of both ...that's all"

Perhaps it was an oversight, but there was one effect of sin that was not mentioned - "death" that came to every man, because all sinned. The physical death of our body was not healed by the atonement of Christ.

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. 19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. 23 And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.24 For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees? 25 But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.

Because our bodies have been subject to corruption like the rest of creation, we will groan as long as we live in these physical tents. Outwardly we all waste away, yet inwardly we are renewed day by day. Our outward man perishes, the atonement did not heal this effect of sin on our bodies. All the people Jesus healed went on to die physically, even Lazarus. This is not a problem, because flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God and there will be a body of another kind.

Divine healing is a gift of the Spirit, a manifestation for the common good of the church. Like all other workings of the Spirit it is intended to glorify the Name of our Lord Jesus. Divine healing was never meant to keep our physical bodies from wasting away.

mak

2021/2/3 13:21Profile
brothagary

Re:

brother i didnt mean this .Divine healing was never meant to keep our physical bodies from wasting away. brother i didn't think i need to mention that death passed on to all men , because i don't think there's any here that doesn't no that verse

2021/2/3 14:29Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Thank you brother Gary,

I was merely pointing out that God's promises and the atonement of our Lord does not necessarily address our physical body. If the atonement did not reverse the wasting away of our body, how can we assert that every other physical ailment we will experience should be healed through faith in the atonement.

Perhaps you or someone else on the forum can speak to this.
I would be interested in knowing other's thoughts on this particular question.

Thanks

mak

2021/2/3 14:46Profile
brothagary

Re:

I actually am tempted to regret saying amen to the original, post but regret is sin to me so I won't,, , Most people here just want to debate their pet doctrines, i know why brother dan said he's out, I spent over three years not posting anything on this forum, just reading all doctrinal debates going on here, this is a matter of faith for me, and without that my wife would be dead of incurable 5cm brain tumor and lymphoma which ravished her body. You guys that don't believe that God wants to heal all our sickness, will do nothing to help people believe in healing. Why would you try to destroy franklin's faith in healing by putting up stumbling blocks and plant seeds of doubt, where did Jesus ever do that, Jesus taught that if you say to that mountain and don't doubt in your heart, you no the verse. Do you realize that type of faith he is talking about is not only possible but expected, and that some would actually take Jesus at his word .. let us meditate on that verse for a few months and see what happens, Men of god I implore you to believe the good news of the gospel and stop doubting ......22“Have faith in God,” Jesus said to them. 23“Truly I tell you that if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and has no doubt in his heart but believes that it will happen, it will be done for him. 24Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.… can you just let others believe, or must you argue against the word of god, hey what do you say, lest be quick hear <read> and be slow to speak and slow to wrath

2021/2/3 14:56Profile
brothagary

Re:

hey mack I'm little busy weeping at moment but if anyone would like to Im happy read what their take is on the atonement for sickness

2021/2/3 15:24Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Dear Brother,

I do not consider it planting seeds of doubt when encouraging an 80 year old sister or brother dying of cancer to glorify the Lord in their dying state to their last breath. I really do not believe you would think it would be either.

Being blind does not prevent a person from glorifying God in their body and inspiring faith in thousands of other believers. Fanny Crosby is only one example. Yet you seem to be casting seeds of doubt upon the lives of such godly believers.

There is someone planting seeds doubt in this thread, but that person is the one hinting that those who live with a physical infirmity really lack faith and are not walking in the fullness of God.

Many of the sermons on this sight were given by men who died before reaching old age. Quite a few of them died of an illness they were not healed of. Your position casts seeds of doubt on their faith toward God.

please consider weeping about that

mak

2021/2/3 15:41Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy