Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

It’s not about voting

Me: Jesus, who should I vote for?

Jesus: who said you should vote?

Me: the elders say it’s my civic duty

Jesus: bring me a ballot

Me: ok, here is the ballot, my Lord

Jesus: do you see whose names are on the ballot?

Me: yes, all sorts of men and women

Jesus: then let them vote for each other, as I have told you, my kingdom is not of this world

Me: but Lord, your ways are righteous and if I do not vote for the most righteous platform, then the whole world will become more evil

Jesus: remember, the whole world lies in the power of the evil one, but take heart, I have overcome the world

Me: but Lord, this country was founded in your name, how can I not vote to protect liberty and freedom

Jesus: not everyone who has said they are doing things in my name will enter my kingdom

Me: but what about protecting the life of the unborn through laws

Jesus: I am the way, the truth and the life, and I set up kings and remove kings

Me: but why would you set up wicked kings who do not love life

Jesus: my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts are higher than your thoughts, all I ask you to do is take up your cross and follow me

Me: but Lord, what about submitting to the governing authorities

Jesus: Be wise and know the heart of who is saying that to you and why. No one can serve two masters, choose this day whom you will serve.

Me: I’m just so confused, Lord

Jesus: remember, I do not cause confusion. You are doing well talking with me about these things, continue in this way, and I will lead you.

2021/1/29 9:15
staff

Re: It’s not about voting

Hi Caleb,
I dont think at all thats the way it would go.

Countries are areas with borders.
We know God likes borders because it slows up the spread of sin.We know that from the tower of Babel story.
Good government are borders too and good government limits the spread of sin.
Elders ,Pastors and Prophets say its your civic duty not just elders.These are gifts to the Church to give leadership.
Jesus would say vote for someone thats good and cares for widows and orphans.He might commend you and say you are very discerning in realizing I am raising up Donald Trump for this time ,vote for him.My people have prayed for an end to Abortion and I have heard their crys now I am answering by changing the Judicary.
We are not voting nessacarily for people who are doing things in Jesus Name.
Jesus might say David was a King but he loved me not his Kingship be like David ,Support what is Good government like David and love me over anything.This is not two masters.
The whole world does not lie in the power of the evil one if it did we would have one world government hundreds of years ago and we are close but not there.
Your thoughts are higher than my thoughts ,tell me what your thoughts are Lord ,
urs staff

2021/1/29 22:37Profile
savannah

Re: It’s not about...

"I dont think at all thats the way it would go."

Right!

Reminds me of all them self-made prophets who said that "God told me" thus and so about Trump and the election.

The post adds to all the confusion going on, and yet ironically Caleb then writes,

"Jesus: remember, I do not cause confusion."

Caleb, as you wrote in your comic book doctrinal dissertation on Romans 13, "Me: I’m just so confused, Lord", I heartily agree that you are.

It's the Master Himself which gives each one of His servants their bidding...what is that to you!

And having turned, Peter sees the disciple whom Jesus was loving following (who also reclined in the dinner on His breast and said, “Lord, who is he who is delivering You up?”) Having seen this one, Peter says to Jesus, “Lord, and what of this one?” Jesus says to him, “If I will him to remain until I come, what is that to you? Follow Me.” John 21:20-22

2021/1/29 23:27Profile

Re:

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, brother staff! I’m still working through how to best articulate the conversations and it’s been an ongoing process for years. I appreciate your sharing of your opinion and strong convictions.

Regarding borders, His Kingdom is wherever He and his people are on earth, and man-made boundaries/countries don’t stop sin, which is in the heart.

Jesus did not tell us it’s our civic duty to vote, and leaders appointed by men that say otherwise will get what they vote for.

James said that pure and undefiled religion in the sight of God the Father is this, to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by this world. Amen to that and it’s not subject to a vote.

“We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.” - 1 John 5:19

I appreciate your love of life, and desire for righteousness in this land, my brother. Let us keep proclaiming the good news that He is the way, the truth and the life!

Love you brother! Thanks again for your post!

2021/1/30 7:47

Re:

Brother Savannah! Thank you also for your comments! You have such a way with words brother. They pierced deeply and were effectual to expose a mis-step in my conversation.

Rather than ending the conversation with my confusion, where I did not elaborate on what actually confuses me, I now submit what I had originally written down before posting here. I confess that I only changed it to what I posted above, after considering a portion of my audience here, which was cowardly of me. I apologize!

Here is the unedited version of the last part of the conversation:

Me: but Lord, what about submitting to the governing authorities

Jesus: I did not tell you to do that. no one can serve two masters, choose this day whom you will serve. You are doing well talking with me about these things, continue in this way and I will lead you.

Love you brother Savannah!

2021/1/30 8:00
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Here, here, let me straighten all this out for yaw folks.

Here's what's really happening, and God Himself told me so right here > 2nd Timothy 3

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.

2021/1/30 10:06Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy