Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Pastor William Carrol died yesterday

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Pastor William Carrol died yesterday

It is with heavy hearts we announce the loss of our brother, pastor, teacher, and friend, William Carrol. After a heroic battle with a longstanding illness, Pastor William went home to be with Jesus on Wednesday, January 27, 2021. Pastor William was married to Tressy, the love of his life, for 19 years. Their daughter Janine, 17, he described as his “joy and delight.”
Pastor William loved Jesus and was a man after God’s heart. He spent the last 30 years of his life in ministry, most recently as the Chair of Curriculum Development at Summit International School of Ministry, as an adjunct professor at Lancaster Bible College, and on the pastoral staff at Times Square Church.
Pastor William was dearly loved by everyone who knew him at TSC and was a favorite among staff, students, and alumni at Summit. He leaves behind an imprint of Christ in the hearts and lives of all of us who knew him, who were taught by him, or who heard him preach about the God he knew so intimately.
Pastor William’s greatest ambition was to become more like Jesus. What a comfort it is to know that he is with Him now, having completed the journey well.
Details regarding the funeral service to follow.

(Taken from TSC's facebook page.)

2021/1/28 8:01Profile
staff

Re: Pastor William Carrol died yesterday

Hi Drifter,
I am shocked .This man had a special gift with communication ,he was humourous and his love that came accross in the sermons was tangible.
Very sad day for TSC and for me my favourite sermons from TSC were from William Carrol.A true great and its hard to believe he is gone,
urs staff

2021/1/28 12:09Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Pastor William Carrol died yesterday

I'm saddened by this news. Pastor William was an excellent Bible teacher. There is a library of his messages preserved on the TSC website under the "teaching series" link on the sermons page, highly recommended.

2021/1/28 14:19Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Brethren,

This is definetly sad to hear. I remember distinctinctly being on the 2nd floor at times square church and my gaze caught a black man not very tall but with a great smile. His countenace beemed Christ strongly. It reminded me of Moses face that would shine when he came back from speaking with God. It was clear William Carroll spoke much with the Lord.

May we have the same testimony to others that we have the shining face after being with Jesus.

2021/1/28 16:26Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Greg, I thought the same thing when I saw William Carrol back in 2015 in New York City! I thought "He looks like the happiest man I've ever seen."

It's very sad he died, but what he must be seeing now! All sorrow and sickness gone, no more trials. He is seeing Jesus face to face.

2021/1/28 16:39Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Saw this on my Twitter feed first thing this morning. Shocked, didn’t know he’d been ill and what a loss for everyone who loved him and his ministry. True servant and pastor.

2021/1/28 17:19Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy