SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Shoud Christians fight for abortion laws?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
Sree

Re:

Quote:

This ☝🏼statement is why I asked that question ...

I understood why you asked it. I still do not find a connection. I clearly explained why there is no connection. A Christian can be in any profession as long as his conscience is pure. So politics is also one of them. But our discussion is about Christianity as an entity,whether it can use politics to control the civil law. I do not find any connection. Our discussion is NOT about individual being a politician or not.

I clearly explained in my pervious post why there is no connection in the point that you are trying to derive. I also explained my answer to your question. I never evaded from any question. You chose not to quote the part where I explained my answer. Selectively quoting someone also can affect your credibility.

2021/2/12 20:36Profile
brothagary

Re: I wrote; Do you think Christians should avoid seeking political offices or appointments? Also if

1First of all, therefore, I exhort entreaties, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings, to be made on behalf of all men 2for kings and all those being in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3This is good and acceptable before God our Savior, 4who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth........Paul is teaching here that the quiet and peaceful life that he desires comes through prayer towards those who are in or play a part in ruling and law-making, he is saying gods desires all types of men in all areas of life to be saved, because of the evil that controls the world it is imposable to led a peaceful life with full persecution, but when a king is saved, Christians living under his rule will become blessed and more free to witness the gospel and do the normal things that we want to do, like buy and sell and trade and work, he never desired persecution for the church, but excepted it and treated as chastisement refine meant when it comes we have examples in the bible .................. Cyrus king of Persia, is one

2021/2/12 21:00Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Sree

I understand where you are coming from and although I see it differently, there is no point in arguing over it -
As far as selectively quoting you, it was not intentional as I quoted the portion relevant to the point I was hoping you might see from my perspective,... again no worries on my end as we agree on far more than we disagree on and so in the spirit of unity, I will leave it at that :)

2021/2/13 14:40Profile
brothagary

Re:

Bless you, brother, i don't like and want anything to do with politics my self it always creates argument with nearly everyone i have spoken to about it , ill still pray that they get saved.....

2021/2/13 17:23Profile
savannah

Re: dee baits

If you want a world without strong debates, you want a world without strong people. - Anon E. Mouse

2021/2/13 17:34Profile
brothagary

Re:

better of quoting scripture, savanna most debates,are just flesh against flesh , what is debate is it biblical how do we define what we are doing ..........a formal discussion on a particular matter in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward and which usually ends with a vote:
"last night's debate on the Education Bill"
verb

argue about (a subject), especially in a formal manner:
"MPs debated the issue in the Commons"
synonyms
discuss, confer about, talk over, talk through, talk about, exchange views on, exchange views about, thrash out, argue, argue about, argue the pros and cons of, dispute, wrangle over, bandy words concerning, contend over, contest, controvert, moot, informal:kick about, kick around, bat about, bat around, archaic:altercate ..............9But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, arguments, and quarrels about the law, because these things are pointless and worthless. 10Reject a divisive man after a first and second admonition,…

2021/2/13 17:55Profile
savannah

Re: dee baits 2

Gary...are you dee-baiting with me? 😉

2021/2/13 18:12Profile
brothagary

Re:

lol hope not brother ..

2021/2/14 0:41Profile
savannah

Re: dee-baits 3

Love in action...fighting the good fight...

https://youtu.be/xoDb_5YIelA

2021/2/20 12:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy