SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Biblical Church Structure Question (Needing Resources)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Biblical Church Structure Question (Needing Resources)

As I have studied the Scriptures, I have come to grips with the idea that churches that I will be planting, Lord willing, will need a group of men who are leading and serving Biblically as elders. However, in many discussions I have had with individuals, there seems to be some kind of separation from pastors and elders, which I am struggling to find in the Scriptures. From what I can see, it seems to me that those who do the pastoral work are simply elders.

Are there any resources that can help clarify this for me?

Any resources on biblical church structure, etc would be excellent. The free-er the better lol, but I am not opposed to purchasing some books.

2021/1/25 9:38Profile
docs

Re: Biblical Church Structure Question (Needing Resources)

Maybe Derek Prince's book titled "Rediscovering the Church." In this work, he discusses local church issues and its pattern of structure taken from the New Testament. He covers the role of pastors and elders. He was no rookie when it came to researching the Scriptures. God bless you in your efforts.

2021/1/25 12:42Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Check out NTRF dot org.

Read all you see there.

Also consider the primary book they offer for $10. I have it from about 7 years ago.

2021/1/25 14:35Profile
brothagary

pauls letters are just fine brother !

2021/1/25 15:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
As I have studied the Scriptures, I have come to grips with the idea that churches that I will be planting, Lord willing, will need a group of men who are leading and serving Biblically as elders. However, in many discussions I have had with individuals, there seems to be some kind of separation from pastors and elders, which I am struggling to find in the Scriptures. From what I can see, it seems to me that those who do the pastoral work are simply elders.

Dear brother,

You definetly are seeing something that is Scriptural. Many denominations follow a pattern of more roles then seen clearly in the New Testament. this site is a good resource on the basics of eldership it seems: https://www.biblicaleldership.com

in the video here he says there is a free pdf booklet to get: https://www.biblicaleldership.com/what-is-be/

2021/1/25 18:44Profile
Kerygma1975

Havok20x,

Here is an article, hope it helps. As with many things, understanding the background of where certain names originated from helps, but to the core of your concern, Piper takes this on.

https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/what-is-the-role-of-an-elder

2021/1/26 14:48Profile
havok20x

Pineville, LA

Re:

Thank y'all and the Lord bless y'all! I will be checking out these resources soon!

2021/1/26 15:21Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy