SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer from demonic oppression

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
billy1980

Tennesse-

Re:

As brother Gary said, seek that gentleman out.... (deleted unneeded info)...If there is unconfessed sin in your life repent, but also ask the Holy Spirit to reveal sins you need to repent for.... (Deleted unneeded info)

Added (Remember through the blood of Christ we have forgiveness of sins, and cleansing from sins. Victory comes through Christ and His finished work on the cross.

Added ( Brother Gary I’m glad you know a brother doing deliverance ministry. I was hesitant to just have him seek one out, was praying he would receive clear guidance concerning this. Blessings in Christ. )

2021/2/6 12:07Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

[ Re: Reply To This Post |
Christians can be oppressed by the devil or demonic spirits, but not possessed. There is no scriptural proof for this.]

Not posessed but indwelt. This was my own first hand experience. I had been gloriously saved beyond doubt and Jesus posessed me, but after a couple of weeks, a team of brothers and sisters prayed over me and discerned something was wrong with me. Demons manifested and they drove out several of them, at least five. Soon after I got filled with the Holy Spirit, and had experienced subsequent topping-ups.

I had been involved in imorality, various occult practices, meditation, and listened to rock music, that was the entrance door for the evil spirits.

To be honest, if the pastor who prayed for me only had his knowledge of spiritual things from books and theologians, he would have dismissed me and said Jesus had saved you, do not worry, go home. The demons would have caught up with me and something terrible would have happened to me.

2021/2/6 14:33Profile
brothagary

Re:

Blessings to you billy, it actually breaks my heart to see a brother tormented for so long .......2pet 9The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise as some understand slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance. It is gods will that all our brothers come to repentance and receive the full blessings of the atonement, but one thing I know its not always men's will to come to repentance, pride is normally the factor stopping some, and therefore god resists the proud , and gives his grace to the humble, humble your self under the mighty hand of God and he will lift you up. Many people get delivered through repentance without the need of elders , I don't know why that is god is sovereign I suppose, it the same with sickness, you can anoint yourself with oil and pray for your own healing and that prayer of faith will heal your self. but James teaches that whats elders are for, and brother mark Herman is an elder that has that type of unwavering faith. That is the idea we all come conformed to the image of his son and that christ be fully formed in us . Hebrews 5:12- By now you should be teachers. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the first things you need to know from God’s Word. You still need milk instead of solid food. 13 Anyone who lives on milk cannot understand the teaching about being right with God. He is a baby. 14 Solid food is for full-grown men. They have learned to use their minds to tell the difference between good and bad.

2021/2/6 14:48Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Narrowpath, please show me any scripture that says christians can be indwelt by demons. This doctrine can create slavish fear in believers, constantly worrying the devil is going to invade them.

I don't know you personally and can't speak of your experience, but I do know the Holy Spirit will not "share" a christian with demonic spirits. "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed." John 8:36

2021/2/6 16:14Profile
brothagary

Re:

if Christian can fall away from the faith he can taste the heavenly gift one day and fall away and grieve the spirit the next, like a dog returning to its own vomit or like sow after its washed it returned again to mud. Do you know what is in that mud, every unclean thing . 2peter 2..21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than to have known it and then to turn away from the holy commandment passed on to them. 22 Of them the proverbs are true: “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.”

2021/2/6 16:23Profile
brothagary

Re:

heb 6 4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6[c]if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

2021/2/6 16:25Profile
brothagary

Re:

The once saved always saved doctrine is the devils cruch .

2021/2/6 16:27Profile
staff

Re:

Hi All,
Theirs the point I made on other threads .If you say anything about persecution or you can lose your salvation or Post Trib being wrong on SI you get shouted down and insulted and you guys start crying in ur soup but once its the other side its perfectly fine and we are meant to have to take it ,urs staff

"The once saved always saved doctrine is the devils cruch"

2021/2/6 16:59Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Drifter,
A Christian cant be indwelt by demons and I would say probably no one can .Its not clear in my opinion that a demon can inhabit a Spirit saved or unsaved but it can inhabit the body saved or unsaved ,urs staff

2021/2/6 17:03Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Hi Nigel,

Scripture mentions that believers can be re-entered by evil spirits under certain conditions:

Mt 12:43 When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. 44 Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. 45 Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.

I was a believer, washed and cleansed by the blood, born of the Spirit, but not yet filled with the Holy Spirit. I dare to say, I was converted but my Christian birth had not been completed, because evil spirits had to be cast out.

Applying verse 43, you could say, Jesus had legally purchased me with his blood and became the owner of my house, as I signed my life over to Him, but the evil squatter tennants had to be cast out. So he arranged a prayer squad to do the job, who evicted the tennants by the power of the law of God by invoking the blood signed covenant the new owner had made.

Once the tennant were gone, the house was emptied of garbage by my repentance, swept clean by his blood, garnished with a living hope and heavenly promises, and the Holy Spirit came in and filled the house even to overflow.

Mind you, after I was delivered and filled with the Holy Spirit the devils wanted to come back - Verse 44, but could not enter again, because my house was not only cleared, cleaned and garnished, and OCCUPIED by the Spirit and NOT empty as in Mt 12:45.

There is a stern warning in Verse 45: A formerly demonized believer could easily backslide if he was not filled with the Holy Spirit.

In the NT, the norm was that a convert was baptized in water and than they layed hands on him to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Note how thorouhly the apostles always made sure believers got filled with the Holy Spirit. If not, they would teach them about it and then laid hands on them, with the effect that the Holy Spirit came down on the believer.

They new full well, conversion was only half the job. The church could not function with converts only, they had to experience their calvary but also pentecost and become disciples!

Every new born child will take its first breath, that is a picture of being filled with the Holy Spirit!

The son has made me free, he purchased me, forgave me, delivered me from demons, and filled me with his deputy - that is my fulfillment of John 8:36.

2021/2/6 18:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy