SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : confessing jesus as lord and savior and repent, but living in sin

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

many times we make(our flesh that is) people into false christians who we know are not really at all what they should be... and then we wonder why that dont have the fruit of the Spirit in them.... i think we should all read john 1:13 " who were born not of blood, nor the will of the flesh nor the WILL OF MAN, but of GOD" to many of us make people christians when it is really GOD's job. again read John 3:8 what do you think Jesus is saying in that scripture?

2005/7/21 16:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
many times we make(our flesh that is) people into false christians who we know are not really at all what they should be... and then we wonder why that dont have the fruit of the Spirit in them....

Thats the legacy of preaching a "positive gospel" and easy believism.

Krispy

2005/7/21 16:13
denem7

Orange Park, FL

Re:

i'm not sure if anyone here has heard the discussion about "Lordship Salvation", but it's an interesting study. Lordship salvation is when someone has made Jesus their Savior....but not their Lord. There's a BIG difference. Many people think they can say a prayer like "Jesus come into my life" and never mention God again in their life (...let alone LIVE for Him) .They think they have eternal security because of this prayer but ,as mentioned earlier, repentence is key (as well as spending time with God, fellowshiping, etc.)

i think it's possible for a person to say a repentance-type prayer yet NEVER come to a realization. we've got to first come to a realization (like the prodigal son). then, we need to take action. faith is an action. love is an action. if i say "i love you" but never DEMONSTRATE it ,then i'm a liar. faith ,likewise, is demonstrated thru what we say, what we do, etc.

just my thoughts....

2005/7/21 19:16Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

This just hit me yesterday, I think. Our bond with Christ is the same as marriage. See how this relates to Jesus as Lord and Saviour:

Lord: we submit to Him as a wife who chooses a husband, and submits herself to him, taking his name

Saviour: He chooses us as a husband chooses a wife, and saves us, bringing us into his family

So to have a real relationship that is comparable to marriage, He must be Lord and Saviour. One who does not claim Him as Lord, is like a woman who has married, but then takes another in adultery. She claims the name, but does not honor or regard it.

2005/7/21 20:19Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

that was a great example, well said!

2005/7/22 21:46Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy