SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Taking Out The Giants - Dutch Sheets

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Taking Out The Giants - Dutch Sheets

JANUARY 20, 2021

Taking Out the Giants

Jesus said to Jerusalem, “You did not recognize the time of your visitation” (Luke 19:44). Unfortunately, the word “visitation” does not clearly communicate what Christ had offered them. He was not simply referencing a “visit.” The Greek word is episcope, from which we get the words “bishop,” “overseer,” and “superintendent.” Jesus was actually saying to Jerusalem, “I came to cover you, to be your Shepherd and Protector. I wanted to take you as a mother hen would her chicks and hide you under My wings, covering and protecting you. But you did not recognize this” (see Luke 13:34).

We in America are currently receiving the same offer Christ initially made to Jerusalem. God is giving us an opportunity to return to Him and the promise of His loving care. His desire is to demonstrate that righteousness – not money, power, or pleasure – exalts a nation (see Proverbs 14:34). Jesus is knocking at America’s door, asking will you receive Me back into this nation as your Shepherd and Bishop, allowing Me to cover, protect, and lead you? Will you once more become a nation under God?

Ultimately, it will be the Church that answers those questions. “If MY people,” has always been the deciding factor regarding whether or not a nation is healed and blessed (see 2 Chronicles 7:14). We, the Church, must refuse to surrender this nation to humanists, atheists, liberal politicians, and individuals who want the influence of God and the Bible removed from America. Though much ground has been lost to these ungodly forces over the last several decades, it is not too late. All the earth belongs to God (see Psalm 24:1), and we must appeal to Him for change. Of course, we must always walk in tolerance and love. But loving people does not equate to giving them everything they want, nor should tolerance be confused with abdication.

Just as David did, we the Church can write a righteous history. The giants of sin and godlessness in our nation can absolutely be conquered and the hearts of people can most certainly be won. Though the taunting giants may mock us in the name of their gods, just as Goliath did Israel’s army, we can daily and fervently decree biblical promises such as, “Where sin abounded, grace did much more abound” (Romans 5:20). And the great promise of 2 Chronicles 7:14 is still true today, “If My people who are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin, and I will heal their land.” I believe that promise with all my heart, nothing has changed, and I live for this hope.

We in America are not at the mercy of spiritual giants. Though the past couple of months have been challenging, some would even say devastating, we can still write a new and glorious chapter for our nation. Let’s humble ourselves, call upon God, and stay on the offense through prayer. If we do so, confessing the sins of America and appealing to God for mercy and forgiveness, He will answer our prayers and pour out His spirit on this land. Remember, this has never been about a particular man in office as President. It’s about what God’s will is for America.

The spiritual giants desire to write the next four years of America’s history. Let us, the praying Church, commit to standing in the gap for our great nation. Come hell or high water, I’m going to stand.

Give Him 15 minutes in prayer:

•Let us humble ourselves before the Lord.

•Allow Holy Spirit to heal any hope deferred that might be in your soul – go there purposefully, being honest – He can take it.

•Recommit your life to Jesus and His cause.

•Be one who is willing to pray – yes, but also serve your community, run for office (even school board, city council, state levels, etc.), whatever God asks of you to build a foundation of truth and a biblical worldview in your area of influence.

•And walk in love, faith, forgiveness, and grace, being one who walks in humility, seeking God’s face, asking Him to heal our America.

A prayer you can pray:

Father, You are most certainly not finished with America.

Our faith is in You and the wonderful promises You have given in Your word, and also that You have been releasing to us through many trusted, seasoned, credible, people these last several months. We will not waver regarding Your words and plans. We have not been warring for a person, although a person is involved. We are certainly not warring for a political party. Lord, we are battling for Your plans and purposes for America.

We decree today, even on a day where we may see some things that grieve us, You will always have the last say. Always. You are never at the mercy of Your enemies, You are never out-planned, outmaneuvered, or overpowered. And You are indeed, raising up a mature people who are able to release Your kingdom authority in the earth. We are determined to do this and we will not back up. You declare the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:10). Therefore, You are never having to figure things out or play catch-up. You always have a plan.

Yes, we are at the Red Sea. Our backs are against an impassable barrier, and the enemy in front of us looks like they have won. But they have not won. And they will not win. Our faith is strong. Our hope is steadfast. You have begun America’s turnaround and You will finish it. We declare these things in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Decree:

We decree that He who has begun a great work in this nation will finish it!

Part of today’s post was taken from my book Giants Will Fall.

Watch prayer here: https://rumble.com/vd1m93-taking-out-the-giants-give-him-15-daily-prayer-with-dutch-day-75.html

2021/1/20 6:24Profile
brothagary

Re: Taking Out The Giants - Dutch Sheets

amen

2021/1/20 19:55Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy