SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : We Need Jesus!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
followthelamb

In Christ

Online!
 We Need Jesus!

“We need Jesus! We cannot do without Him! We must have Him, for He is our joy, our exceeding joy, our life, and our all. Without Him, the world and all it calls good, is poverty, wretchedness, and woe! With Him, a wilderness is a paradise, a cottage a palace, and the lowliest spot of earth a little heaven below...

Who can subdue sin in us but Jesus? I might as well attempt to remove mountains as to reason away one corruption of my fallen nature. But if we, the moment we detect it, carry it to Jesus, He will do it all for us. This is one of the most difficult lessons to learn in the school of Christ. I am but just beginning to learn it, and therefore I am placed in the youngest class, traveling to Jesus more as a little helpless child, for Him to do all for and all in me.

My imagined strength is all vanished, my boasted reason turned into folly, and now, thus living on Christ in childlike simplicity, my peace, joy, and consolation are past expression. Oh, the love, the matchless love of Jesus to a poor sinner lying thus at His dear feet, waiting to receive a welcoming smile beaming from His countenance. Dear friend, keep close to Him. Let not the world or its cares come between you and Christ.”

— Mary Winslow

2021/1/18 20:57Profile
HeartSong

Re: We Need Jesus!

Amen! dear sister!

2021/1/20 2:18Profile
HeartSong

May the LORD bless you exceedingly and abundantly!

2021/1/20 2:22Profile

Yes, we need the almighty's grace in our life for the positivity and the betterment of our lives.

2021/2/4 6:09

Totally agree with your post.

2021/2/5 2:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy