SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : One angle of how bad theology plays itself out.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Rather than attempting to exert some retrofitted church discipline upon those whom we don’t personally know or maintain fellowship with, perhaps our time would be better spent before the Lord in intercession that the name of Christ not be blasphemed ...

Whether these political predictions that are done in the name of Jesus come true or not, they do not qualify to be the prophesy that Apostles spoke about. They blaspheme in the name of Jesus as rightly said by you.

Yes, we do not have the power to prevent such blasphemy but we have the power to spread awareness. Why are such self-proclaimed prophets willing to do predictions in the name of Jesus? Because they have an unsuspecting audience who have no clue what real prophesy is nor do they know their bible. My problem is not with these self-proclaimed prophets but with their listeners. I have never listened to anyone and will never. But the problem is with those who listen to them and call them something special. There is nothing special.

When Apostles spoke about prophesy that will take place in the CHurch in which the inner motive of our hearts will be disclosed by a powerful prophetic word then why are we even interested in such political predictions? It clearly shows that people who follow and listen to such political predictions have no clue about real Biblical prophesy nor are they interested in the Church of Christ.

Jesus himself warned his disciples of wolves in sheep's clothing, so we should also warn the Church against such cheap policial predictions done in the name of prophesy.

2021/1/20 16:43Profile
brothagary

Re:

just remember we all will be judged by every word that comes out of our mouth whether it be from the lord or from the flesh, many here will be judged as well for promoting things that are not from god and promoting conspiracys, remember the false prophets were stoned but the priests are killed if they speak forth not gods words ,and any other commanment breakers like adulterers, dishonering parents all came with death penalty under the old covenant ,, make sure every word that you speak is not your opinions, but truth , you will be judged as well for every idle word that you speak on this forum, make sure god has cleaned you heart and conscience is clear ,,, because no one will escape the chasicment from our father,, beware of that , and be quick to hear and slow to speak and slow wrath , remember this verse and guard your own heart from speaking blasphemy and you will do well......... 10As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. 11If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God.

2021/1/20 17:25Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Docs
I have been calling out the crazy side of the pentecostal movement since the day I got saved,including the last few months for people apologizing without stepping down and for making excuses which are basically "its the Churches fault".

However I refuse to throw out the "baby with the bathwater"in the sense that I refuse to throw out prophecy as part of the new testament church because people make money out of it ,build their own ministries rather than Gods kingdom or because people prophecy falsely.
I am not surprized at all with false prophecy regarding this election because I carefully looked at prophecy about Trump 2016 ,about Covid and about Brexit and its fairly scarce on the ground!But I wont throw the Church's God given right and God's desire for the gifts to operate correctly in the Church.
I also have to then look at my own interaction with God regarding the election and on what I believe God showed me.

Then I have to realize that some of these people are genuine Christians who love the Lord and I will see in heaven ,so even if they are wrong ,I will not stone them for it.

On line at the moment reminds me of a funeral and its certainly is a time like no other in the recent history of the Church.Everything is being shaken including the mulitiple cracks in the prophetic movement and our hard held theologies.
One other thing that is being tested to the full is our faith and this time of testing is hard but it is right,
urs staff

P.s A far bigger problem by the way in the Church today is people being called by their gifts for instance Pastor Frank or Pastor George but that never seems to get addressed.

2021/1/20 17:28Profile
staff

Re:

Hi
We are not under the old Covenant and no one gets stoned (unless its smoking legalized pot in Canada) and no priests get put to death.The lord deals with us as the scripture says

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

Sometimes its the woodshed with chastisement and sometimes its in the still small voice,
urs staff

2021/1/20 17:39Profile
docs

Re:

I'm not against prophecy today at all. Being honest though, I've never really followed the modern prophetic movement much at all. It's just as the election approached, it seemed more and more were publically predicting there was not a chance President Trump would not serve four more years. Now many are saying that what looks like failed predictions may not really be that. They are giving themselves an out by bringing up God's timetable versus man's.

I'm through posting about it at this point. God is well on His throne.

2021/1/20 18:25Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Sree

We seem to have a baseline agreement:)
Perhaps where we may differ is in how to or wether to respond -
Yes it is a problem for the hearers that may be duped but... if the prophecy itself doesn’t come to pass then isn’t that testament enough 🤷🏽‍♂️
(For me) it’s important that our actions and more our intent is to build up the body and be weary of divisive rhetoric especially when the spiritual battle has emerged into the public arena.
As brother Gary stated,... we will give an account for every idle word so let us speak as the oracles of God else be silent.

2021/1/20 19:52Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: no matter

we can all agree that the world needs Jesus as much as we do. We have before us such an opportunity as not seen in many years,.. Look for the fields are ripe for harvest but the workers are few, pray 🙏🏻 that the Lord of the harvest will send workers into the fields - .... “send me” said the prophet

This “send me” is more a mark of the prophet than his other prophecies as this is the prophecy of himself in active submission to God. This proclamation, this decisive moment of faith in God actualizes the office to which one was called. The basis for this action is love for God and by extension what God loves. Faith being the fuel for action is itself a gift from God. Grace being the directive is itself a gift from God. Mercy being the measure is itself a gift from God. Holy Spirit being the enabler is Himself a gift from God. To Him, for Him, by Him, through Him, to Him be all the glory.

Our fellowship is the key -
IF we walk in the light as he is in the light, THEN we have fellowship with one another AND the blood of Jesus the son of God, cleanseth is of all sin.

IF is the condition
THEN is the benefit
AND is the result

We can choose to lay down our earthly dispositions and concerns and agree to assemble before the throne of grace as the body, fellowshipping in the spirit by interceding for those round about us and elsewhere collectively. Rather than a the occasional individual tactical response in the spiritual battle, we can do what Lot couldn’t do- get 50 people to pray 🙏🏻

As it was in the days of Lot, so shall it be when the son of man returns...
The testimony of Lot... “and the righteous spirit of Lot was vexed as he prayed and made supplication for the sins and abominations being committed round about him”
God accounted Lot righteous and spared him because he at least tried ...
we have a FAR better covenant to operate in. Let us not squander this opportunity to see Christ magnified... let’s pray for one another and do battle in the spirit, fully armored, lamps full, let’s agree we’ve been enlisted-

“If anyone be enlisted into service as a soldier, he no longer concerns himself with the civilian affairs of the world but rather strives to please the one whom enlisted him”
All the Lord requires is willing vessels. living sacrifices ... the Spirit and the Bride say “Come!”

2021/1/20 22:00Profile
brothagary

Re:

Amen !

2021/1/21 0:23Profile
staff

Re:

Hi JFW,
"Send me" as in evangelism is for everyone not just the prophet and so are dreams and visions and words from the Lord.

Everything that you have said regarding Love,faith,mercy,willing sacrifices and willing vessels are great but why has it not worked to bring revival to the Western World ?
And all that prayer? it hasnt worked either?We've had plenty of time to see Christ magnified but that hasnt happened?
If the standard that things come to pass is a standard then we have all failed miserably.
Even soldiers,non civilians have to understand tactics of war and military training .We have failed on that front too.
Devisions in the body have stopped us in our tracks regarding fellowship.
Yes we may fellowship and we may meet together on the odd occasion but that is the height of it.We are rooted in denominationalism and fractured,disunified because of that.

We have tolerated the Pastor/leader structure in the Church totally unscriptural for centuries but do not put any scrutiny on that wrong.
We have failed miserably but we blame people who bring words about the Presidency fueled by faith,some of which dont claim to be prophets at all but are just sharing what God has given them.Too many people blabbing on the internet we say but we use the internet too.Most are doing it for the ideals of love,faith and mercy too do not forget.

My point is their is plenty of failure to go around ...

urs staff

2021/1/21 5:47Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: failure

Yes there is more than enough to go around... yet the key is we have an enemy that actively seeks to kill, steal, and destroy so it’s not simply thh jig e failings of man but also the work of an enemy-
While I don’t disagree with much of what you wrote, there is more to the story...

Firstly the Lord does not measure success in pragmatic terms as are listed above.

As for prophecy, I firmly affirm the scriptures are clear in stating it is certainly in play today and all should seek to - Paul makes this clear without exemption or exception. As has been pointed out previously in this thread, while we all should seek to prophesy that itself doesn’t make us a prophet by office. This is because the spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus Christ :)))

Also it’s notable that the person who said “send me” occupied the office of a prophet and not an evangelist 🤷🏽‍♂️

(In my understanding). We should all say “send me” and have our tasks and positions assigned according to the will of God as revealed by the spirit- just like in Acts.
Additionally while it’s somewhat accurate what you say regarding the vices and virtues of the Church and how it has largely been ineffective... again if we measure the Lords objective of defeating death, the devil, and saving multitudes of people by the same standards, they too seem to fall short yet we know they did not ...

This is not to say we have abounded in Christ as group thus far tho neither did the disciples till they became the “send me’s” apostles, prophets, preachers teachers and evangelists then they turned the world upside down:))) why, how? Because they took up the weapons of Christ willingly by faith 🙏🏻
As it was before so shall it be again, there truly is nothing new under the sun-
While I (and others) see and share the concerns for the modern corporate structured “church” in its mixing of carnal marketing exploits even to the point of reducing the power (dynamo) of God to clever manipulation techniques of the worlds systems, these are but a counterfeit a cheap imitation of the truth of the spirit of God being revealed where holiness and godliness was reduced to feigned morality and obligatory regimented services. Yet God says the fervent prayer of the righteous availeth much😇

To be clear, like you said do believe that the Lord our God has and does use all things (including politics) to the good of His people... even that which was intended for evil- I am simply saying that IF we will get alone with the Lord and let Him minister His will the His body (individually) I believe He will assemble us in the spirit to do His will corporately,.. an army if you will as opposed to well intended albeit unorganized individual soldiers. Whereby Christ will truly be magnified for all the world to see...

At the end of the day, we can’t give someone something we don’t have,... yet what we do have, what is inside us will come out - so let each of us look after the other seeing to it that each are filled with the Spirit of the living God so that when we are pricked or prodded wether by man or the Lord, Jesus comes flowing out like living water bringing spiritual nourishment to all who seek it.

No matter where we are on the geopolitical spectrum... all is soon to be revealed and many will be disillusioned and without hope, so the opportunity to share the gospel, extending the hand of fellowship, inviting them into the kingdom will be greater than any other time in our lifetimes. Paul says, “be instant in and out of season to give an answer for the hope within you” and “be all things to all men that we may win them to Christ” let us be so, so that the Lamb who was slain may indeed receive the reward of His suffering 🙏🏻

Brother Staff, as stated before- while we may not be in lock step on every point, you have been unwavering in your faith and it is very much an encouragement to me and FTR I share in your hope that the Lord wants to and will restore us just as He did Israel so many times before but this is conditional ... (((IF))) those who call on my name (((WILL))) humble themselves and ((((PRAY)))) then I will have mercy on them and restore their land .

Peter & John went to pray, they met a lame man on their way, who held up his palms asking for alms and this is what Peter did say “silver and gold have I none but such as I have give I thee, in the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk” he went jumping and leaping and praising God, jumping and leaping and praising God!!! In the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, RISE UP AND WALK ;)

2021/1/21 8:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy