Discussion Forum : General Topics : Trump

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Trump

Everyone is still talking about Trump.

We have a King, his name is Jesus. Why do we or did we need to get entangled with an earthly king? If we are looking for peace and safety from an earthly king we are degrading our heavenly King. He's ready and willing to intercede for us in ways we don't realize.

Earthly kings can't protect you. Most have hidden agendas. They can't heal your diseases or protect you in ways as Jesus has. Ever look back over your life and seen the times that God brought you through a tough situation? I have.

We were never promised a safe journey but rather we were told we were sheep for the slaughter. We were warned about counting the cost. Christians have always had a target on their back. We've never been promised peace and safety. Jesus said he would be with us. Turning the other cheek is not the way the world does things. Letting others have your cloak if they sue you seems out of place today as well. Why do we run after money and things?

Jesus was showing us something far different than what the world sees. He knew the world was without a savior. He knew it needed help. He came to save the world, to make a way where there was none. He didn't come to destroy everyone for their disobedience. He came to take the wrong; and that's our lot as well. We're not called to destroy others but to be the salt of the earth, to stand in the gap, to extend that hand. Haven't we always needed a hand?

We are promised the Kingdom and we are citizens of that kingdom already. Are we trying to maintain one on the side here on earth by helping choose an earthly king? Who are we who think that the right man in office will delay the coming of Jesus that much more? Are we sure we even want Jesus to return?

We've all been slack in looking at our heavenly King. Have we prepared the congregation for what's ahead or we giving them false hope in an earthly king? Are we keeping them from entering the Kingdom of God because of our earthly interests? It's time for all of us to sit at the feet of Jesus and seek truth and truth alone. Toss those weekly internet sermons in the garbage.

2021/1/12 19:58Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Trump

Quote:
We've all been slack in looking at our heavenly King. Have we prepared the congregation for what's ahead or we giving them false hope in an earthly king? Are we keeping them from entering the Kingdom of God because of our earthly interests? It's time for all of us to sit at the feet of Jesus and seek truth and truth alone.

Amen dear brother, great exhoration.

2021/1/12 20:05Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

That IS true.

I can’t look back on my life and remember one moment where I would say “Thank President _____ for that miracle” or that blessing or that time God
spoke or that family member or whatever.

2021/1/12 22:10Profile
billy1980

Thankyou for the last few posts you have posted Roger. They were a blessing for me to hear outside of our Lord's Word! I'm saddened after seeing the Jesus signs that where being held amongst the riot that happened at Capital Hill.

At this time I see the two covenants playing out in the hearts of many man. I pray a great deal will be brought into the New Covenant from the old one.

Greg thanks for posting brother Franks post as well. We certainly should not dismiss that post!

Christ is our only hope, and through His Spirit He will lead us to our True promised land, not built by man. For all who await eagerly His coming.

Billy

2021/1/12 22:36Profile
Gloryandgrace

Snoqualmie, WA

Re: Trump and the hour of temptation

A confession

I was driving into work last week, praying and thinking things over..and over..and over about the election, Trump, Biden, Pelosi et al. In my heart I sensed that this time I am entering into...as well as many other brothers and sisters in Christ is an hour of temptation.

An hour where bitterness and hard words are becoming entrenched in me, saddness and disappointment are my normative emotion. Wrath and anger towards my fellow man is seeking to raise up inside of me, clamour, evil speaking, reviling all want a time-slot in my heart and mouth.

I sought God, I prayed Oh God deliver me from this kind of heart, I want nothing to do with it, I want nothing to do with how the world acts toward one another and how angry men and women grow more angry and more vicious in temperament towards anything not pleasing their personal convictions.

Love drains from the heart, compassion, godly wisdom and sacrificial giving all die a quick death.

I become a shell of the Christian I once was. I refuse all of this, I refuse to trade Jesus for opportunistic tirades and situational revilings against men. This kind of wisdom is devilish and spawns only more devilish tirades, accusations, bitterness and divisions.

My prayer for myself and my brothers and sisters is that they will cling to God all the more in his hour of temptation. That they resist the devil and give no place for hatreds and anger, that they put off all malice and evil speakings. God have mercy on us, deliver us all, keep us all in the love of God and the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

God knows how to deliver the righteous and bring judgment upon the wicked. But we all should take heed to sit under Jesus righteous and merciful judgment, his way in his time without our advice.

2021/1/12 22:36Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

At this time I see the two covenants playing out in the hearts of many man. I pray a great deal will be brought into the New Covenant from the old one.

That is my observation as well when I see the so-called Christians who are fighting for an earthly kingdom. There is a reason God established a new covenant with us, if we do not even see the glory of this covenant that surpasses the older one, how can we fulfill God's purpose for this covenant? May our eyes be opened to see the glory of Christ in New Covenant and also live it fully.

2021/1/13 8:25Profile
staff

Hi Roger,
Including you ?? You put up the heading "Trump" so what do you expect posters to post on?
Nobody is replacing faith in Jesus with faith in Donald Trump,its a myth a Christian Conspiracy theory .
Put in place for a whole range of Christian agendas.
The I love persecution agenda
The I know Trump is doing good things but I dont like him agenda
The wheres my great tribulation agenda
I want to put my head in the sand agenda and wait til its over

The narrative that Christians are putting their trust in an Earthly Kingdom rather than a heavenly Kingdom is bogus .I wish people would instead of trying to spiritualise and intellectualize their opposition to Donald Trump would just say I dont like him,I dont know why I dont like him but I dont like him .
We recognised that in 2016 God did a miracle ,he put in place a man that opposed Abortion and was Pro Israel and Christians .We realize that by God putting a blocker on evil through Trump we will get to spread the Gospel and increase the Heavenly Kingdom.The down side of doing the right thing is that we are making the enemy mad hence we have widespread voter fraud,Political corruption,judicial corruption and the Heaviest censorship seen in our lifetimes.

It must be the Christians that dont support Trump who are not talking about Jesus because ALL the Christians who support Trump I know love talking about Jesus, Love Calling his name and Love the word of God ,urs staff

2021/1/13 12:38Profile
jrgquirino

Orange County, CA

Re:

We know why we dont like Trump, he is a huge deception to the church. And yes many people as yourself have replaced faith in Jesus with Trump. This is true. He is actually not Pro Life. That is a message he used which he perverted for his own interest. Babies actually continued to die under his administration. Trump is far from pro life. Matter of fact he had babies ripped from their mothers arms at the border by force, all without giving them a choice. My local pastor was invited to see it for himself to verify that it was true. Many of those babies are now lost to their mothers because they were taken by force, by Trumps executive order. Many of those babies got sick, and sad to say some pasted on. He is way far from Pro Life. My prayer is that he repents of his many great sins as many of us had to repent for forgiveness. Also, facts matter. What is this about Pro Israel. what did he do? He just moved the embassy to Jerusalem, and we are moved by that? By the way, in case you did not know, the Prime Minister of Israel has said that he has had a great relationship with both parties in America and always looks forward in working with them. Trump is no savior of Israel.

2021/1/13 13:07Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Jr,

At least you are honest "you dont like Trump" ,that is admirable.Let everyone repent not just President Trump but you and me and all the Trump haters need to repent too!who have no logical reason to hate him but they do anyway.

Lets correct the record

Pro Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Njm2IjWEsI

TRUMP AT AN ANTI ABORTION RALLY .
He ran on a Pro Lift platform and as you know or should know the law of the country is that it is "legal to a abort babies".It is legal
The only legal way to stop that is to pick Supreme Court Judges who are Pro Life .Donald Trump picked 3 pro life Judges.Donald Trump could perhaps send in the Troops to stop abortion but then Christians would be complaining that he was a law breaker!
This paves the way for a case to arise that will eventually reach the court and will over turn Rowe v Wade.

On Propaganda believed by Christians

As you know or should know Donald Trump's did not build cages as reported by CNN etc .The cages were built by the Obama adminstration .
This is issue on the border is And I repeat nothing to do with Abortion or pro life.
The baby issue was a mistake granted but as far as possible they tried to rectify the situation and because he built a wall on the border these scenes created over many years are becoming extinct.All administration make mistakes ,All.

ON ISRAEL

We have had many presidents who said they wanted an embassy move but didnt do it.The Obama administration and the democrats who are atheists support Palestine and Iran enemies of Israel .Trump has put both back in their box.

Benjamin Netanyahu Prime Minster of Israel 19hrs ago.
BBC
"After holding talks with Mr Trump in Washington DC on Monday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu praised the president as "the greatest friend that Israel has had in the White House".
Obama was greatly antisemetic recognised by Christians and Jews throughout the world and by the US abstention in the UN.
For anyone to say that Donald Trump did not carry out his mandate on Israel and on Abortion is totally incorrect ,
urs staff

2021/1/13 14:23Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

We are bombing Iran even at this moment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Y5WBAYxyM

2021/1/13 17:17Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy