SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : [Announcement ] In light of Twitter and Facebook Censorship

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 [Announcement ] In light of Twitter and Facebook Censorship

Saints,

In light of all the censorship of Twitter, Facebook, Google, Apple and other major tech platforms, I have been prayerfully considering any steps we have to take with SermonIndex. Alot of these things are extreme reactions to Trump but could end up being policy that are long-term on their platforms. And in the end could also envolvope conserative christians as a soft target.

So in light of these things I am prayerfully considering these steps:

1) Re-start Email mailing list and promote it on all social platforms so at least some of the social audience would have a direct connection with sermonindex for any news updates.

2) Lessen the amount of posts on social media platforms.

3) Take down social platform links from website, so we do not promote them from our platform.

4) Work on putting sermonindex up on social media alternative platforms to prepare if those are mass adopted by conservatives.

5) Work on video site backups to have all our youtube videos on 1-2 more platforms.

Any other ideas or advice from the SermonIndex community would be appreciated and of couse prayers are always necessary!

2021/1/12 7:52Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: [Announcement ] In light of Twitter and Facebook Censorship

Also a side note that in the past the discussion forums were much more used on SermonIndex, but because of facebook popularity essentially everyone has decided to use that platform for interactions.

But in light of what has happened perhaps it will be good to see a positive step of believers back to older forums like this for their godly conversations.

I also know personally many christian forums that have closed or have minimal interaction because of social media popularity.

2021/1/12 7:54Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
Brother Greg said: A lot of these things are extreme reactions to Trump but could end up being policy that are long-term on their platforms.

Call it discernment or whatever, I'm not on Facebook. I'm not going to say I saw this coming, because I didn't, but I just never really felt comfortable about Facebook.

2021/1/12 9:06Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Greg - I do not know where your web host is located but you could consider moving it to another country.

I know that Iceland is building a "free speech zone" with companies dedicated to preserving the privacy of individuals and businesses.

I know of a hosting company in Iceland called "Orange Host"

2021/1/12 10:57Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Greg - I do not know where your web host is located but you could consider moving it to another country.

I know that Iceland is building a "free speech zone" with companies dedicated to preserving the privacy of individuals and businesses.

Brother,

The main site is hosted in the USA and also using Cloudflare, and other services based mostly in the USA. Thanks for your wisdom, it might be good to consider getting some or alot of the site off-shore.

The audio and video content, I am continuing to try and diversify.

For those saints on MEWE social, our page is here: https://mewe.com/i/sermonindex

2021/1/12 19:51Profile
staff

Re:

Hi
I think we discussed this before and a while back SI on youtube? went down but this is obviously the real thing.
We can clearly see the pattern
They will flag posts or content as untrue or as incitement or discrimination,or against rules we dont know about.
Then they will start taking down content
Then they will start legal action etc
Whatever they are doing to Trump at the moment they will do to US and why wouldnt they .
We know that eventually if its not this time or the next ,they will get to pull down our digital platform but we are not to make it easy.

I am on Facebook but I am going to leave or ease my way off when I get a different way to communicate as a protest to the censorship on a personal level.

What to do?I really want to come up with some helpful suggestions ,the only one I can think of is if we could somehow do what "NAPSTER" did who shared music files mp3s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napster

The idea was that the files were shared by thousands of people and if I wanted to download a song I could download it from numerous sources .Basically the files were not in a central location but in thousands of places.Napster the original version was closed down as it was using other peoples music without paying royalties.
Im sure we could set up a Christian Napster sharing our sermons (which are legal) but as to the technicalities of this or the cost of the software ,I do not know.

Like with all technology any solution to this Anti Christian world will be some kind of temporary .
Hope this might be helpful,
urs staff

2021/1/14 6:50Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy