SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Public Apologies for Trump Re-election False Prophecies

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

Public Apologies for Trump Re-election False Prophecies

(From Jeremiah Johnson)
Dear Saints and Leaders,

I have submitted this letter to senior, respected national leaders in the body who have now given their approval to publicly release it. I am also currently in relationship with local church elders where I reside, whom I greatly value and believe are essential for accountability in my life, marriage and ministry.

We have dialogued and prayed, and I continue to receive their instructions and corrections. I have learned some very hard and valuable lessons throughout this process, and I intend to be as transparent as possible in the following remarks. The prophetic ministry is simply one of the gifts that God has given His body, and we should always be actively seeking relationship and accountability, first at the local level and then nationally if that is where God's calling leads us.

My aim in this public apology is twofold. First, I would like to repent for inaccurately prophesying that Donald Trump would win a second term as the president of the United States. I refuse to blame the saints and say, "It didn't come to pass because they did not pray enough." Nor will I proclaim, "Donald Trump actually won, so I was right, but now it has been stolen from him." I believe the first statement seeks to alleviate the prophetic messenger from the responsibility of what he prophesied, and the second statement is filled with potential pride and an unwillingness to humble himself and admit he was wrong.

I want to go on record: "I was wrong, I am deeply sorry, and I ask for your forgiveness." I specifically want to apologize to any believer in whom I have now caused potential doubt concerning the voice of God and His ability to speak to His people. As a human being, I missed what God was saying; however, rest assured, God Himself is not a liar, and His written Word should always be the foundation and source of our lives as Christians.

Second, I would like to explain my prophetic process along the way so that anyone desiring to grow and learn from my mistakes might have the benefit of doing so—especially other prophets and prophetic people. As a public figure, I recognize my mistakes often have public consequences, and I want to be as transparent as possible.

For those who follow our ministry closely, you will especially understand just how detailed my prophetic journey has been with Donald Trump since 2015. I believe I was given an assignment to help the body of Christ prophetically discern the plans God had for Donald Trump. However, my mandate has and will always be focused on preparing the bride of Christ for the return of our bridegroom King Jesus Christ. I have intentionally recorded my encounters concerning Donald Trump publicly for accountability purposes over the last five years.

(From Loren Sanford)
I promised long ago that if I got it wrong regarding the outcome of the presidential election and my prophecy that Trump would be reelected, I would publish an open apology. Since then, I have waited for procedures and challenges to run their course.

Last night, the Congress counted the votes, and the election went to Biden. The president has apparently conceded, promising a smooth transition. So, now is the time.

I want to tell you how I got it wrong. This is a confession and an explanation, not an excuse or justification.

Let me begin with this. I don't believe in rubber prophecy, stretch-to-fit. I've spoken against that for a number of years. For example, many have already exhorted me not to apologize, insisting that Trump actually won and the election was stolen.

Regardless, the fact remains that Joe Biden is confirmed as the president-elect. I will not protest that I was right to make my words fit the situation and deny getting it wrong. No rubber prophecy.

Here's the next piece. Part of my own prophetic discipline, laid on me by the Lord, has been never to feed on the words of other prophetic voices. A phrase given to me by the Lord that has guided me has been to practice "zero-based prophecy."

The Lord told Jeremiah in Jeremiah 23:30 (NASB), "Therefore behold, I am against the prophets," declares the Lord, "who steal My words from each other." We sometimes hear what other prophets are saying, and it stirs us up emotionally. In that emotional stirring, we build a bit on what was said, adding to it in the rush of emotion, because the emotion carries us forward until the final product is no longer the word the Lord actually gave.

Until now, I have always sought the Lord on my own, gotten the word first from Him and then, and only then, have I compared it with what others were saying. So until recently, and specifically in this instance, I stood by that discipline from the Lord, and my track record has been accurate for decades.

My first confession is, therefore, that I departed from that discipline. I allowed myself to be caught up in a prevailing stream and to be carried along by it. In doing that, I actually compromised what the Lord had already told me years before.

The Lord told me in October of 2016, Trump's first campaign, that he would win that election but that he would not serve. I knew he would not serve the system, and he didn't. In the first week of December after that election, I saw in a vision the crisis that would strike in the fourth year. I warned that we needed to prepare, and now we remain mired in that crisis.

I warned from the beginning that his reelection was not a certainty if he didn't learn to temper his rhetoric and stop insulting his enemies. I called for prayer that the Lord would change the president's heart. I was roundly criticized by fellow Christians.

When I appeared on Sid Roth's It's Supernatural, taped in June 2018 and aired in September that year, I warned that the president's reelection was not a certainty, in spite of what other prophetic voices were saying, unless there was the kind of change of which I'd spoken.

I should have stood on that word of uncertainty. I didn't. I was wrong not to. Many who have a lot more fame and widespread credibility than I do were confidently prophesying a victory, and it fed into my own insecurity and need to belong or fit in. How could I be wrong when all those who have such wide credibility over mine were prophesying a certainty?

In 1 Kings 22, Micaiah came before the kings among 400 other prophets. The 400 prophesied a victory for the kings if they went to war against Aram. Micaiah stood alone to speak what was actually true. The kings didn't listen to him, went with the 400 and lost the battle. King Ahab was killed.

Until now I've always been the Micaiah in the crowd, standing against the prevailing stream, and I've been right over the years. In this case, I compromised that and allowed myself to be caught up in the prevailing stream. For this, I repent before the Lord, and I humbly ask the forgiveness of the body of Christ. I have learned a hard lesson I pray I will not forget in the days to come. I will be redoubling my quest for intimacy with the Lord and His word in the quiet place.

Another element of how I got it wrong: The tendency we have to hear what we want to hear. Strong desire and strong opinions play a huge role in distorting the words we believe we hear, if we allow that to happen.

I will not go into what I think of the Democratic Party because this is not the time. I will say, though, that strong desire and a strong negative opinion of the Democratic Party played a role.

The hard reality is that lots of us with sterling records of past accuracy got it wrong. I see this as a rebuke from the Lord for an imbalance the majority of us fell into, and I will take it to heart.

I am also refocusing the prophetic aspect of my own ministry to the core of prophetic ministry. The spirit of prophecy is the testimony of Jesus, pure devotion to Him and the revelation of who He is.

Prediction is really a lesser thread in the wide sweep of Scripture. The core calling of the prophetic is to separate the precious from the vile—the holy from the unholy—and to ensure that the devotion of the people of God is pure and uncompromised. In fact, prediction is often conditional upon the people's response to prophetic calls for repentance and change.

One often-missed purpose of prophetic ministry is found in 1 Corinthians 14:24-25 (NASB 1995): "But if all prophesy, and an unbeliever or an ungifted man enters, he is convicted by all, he is called to account by all; the secrets of his heart are disclosed; and so he will fall on his face and worship God, declaring that God is certainly among you."

There's the core of it. "convicted," "called to account." It seems like we too often miss or neglect those two significant words.

I apologize for allowing my own focus to be skewed. I ask forgiveness for allowing myself to be caught up in the stream of the 400 when God has called me to stand as a Micaiah. I apologize for allowing my own insecurity about belonging among other prophetic voices to carry me into error.

And finally, our obligation now as a whole body of Christ is to obediently pray for Joe Biden and his administration, whether or not we like the outcome, their agenda or their party.

And God bless you all.

2021/1/9 13:52Profile
Sree

Re: Jeremiah Johnson Public Apology for Trump Re-election False Prophecies

Quote:

The prophetic ministry is simply one of the gifts that God has given His body, and we should always be actively seeking relationship and accountability, first at the local level and then nationally if that is where God's calling leads us.

This is where the mistake is. Where is it specified in the New Covenant that we have a prophetic calling nationally? Instead, Apostles have clearly said that Prophets are given for the local Church.

1 Cor 12:28 - 28And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets...

Prophets and Prophesy still exist but in the context of His CHurch. The Church of Christ. The local Body of Believers.

As long as this guy has such a wrong understanding of Prophesy, he will be doing the same mistake and by doing so cause doubt in the minds of people about God's word. He is just putting stumbling blocks in the path of the people.

I believe it is human lust to be called the Prophet of a nation which God never intended anyone to become in New Covenant. Hence lead by such fleshly lust, they deceive themself and also their listeners.

2021/1/9 14:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Public Apologies for Trump Re-election False Prophecies

Appreciate your apology, David Winter.

I have listened to Sid Roth's videos and noted how many prophets predicted Trumps win in this recent election. I, too, wanted Trump to win but also knew that this election would reveal who the true and false prophets are. But we also prayed that God would show himself mighty and that his will be done. Who knows - perhaps his will is that the false prophets be exposed?

(Also recall that when Sarah Palin was running for the vice-presidency years ago one "prophet" predicted they would win. Did not happen.)

God bless you, David for being transparent and brave enough to apologize.

Sandra

2021/1/9 14:50Profile
docs

Re:

Well, the truth be told, I have never prophesied outright to anyone that President Trump would be elected again. I hoped he would and felt he would but never wrapped my hopes in a "thus saith the Lord." The phrase public apologies I used in the title of my post was just to make note of the fact that certain prophets are issuing public apologies for what they believe now to be false prophecies they issued. I have never really bought fully into or followed what I suppose is known as the modern day prophetic movement. I've always thought somehow and in some way that the true definition and ministry of a prophet was being missed to some degree by this "movement" or whatever name it has been going by. There just seems to be too many prophets everywhere and it's grown to be kind of like being in a prophetic candy store. So a man or woman has a word of prophecy or a word of discernment or wisdom. Do they then have the OFFICE OF PROPHET as listed for example in Ephesians 4:11?

Like Art Katz used to say, we didn't get here overnight. This time of acknowledging of now apparently false prophecies was preceded by a long period of lowering of true prophetic standards and a lot of presumption and desiring to be in the lime light. These are my opinions and may not be yours and that is okay. I attended a Trump rally here in this small town and it was magnificent. I thought there was no way he wasn't going back in but here we are. I had a few misgivings toward the end of his re-election campaign that he was doing some things wrong. His behavior at the first debate with Biden was horrible and an embarassment. Plus other pride in his heart he displayed in some of his attitudes. But whatever, we need grace and forebearance toward all in the true body of Christ right now. God is well able to fix things and prevail. Wrinkles and creases in the body of Christ are being ironed out right now. It's painful many times.

2021/1/9 15:21Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Docs
I appreciate this is your personal view and thats your view and false prophesy is like bursting a balloon ,a total downer but it exists but we are no different today than in Moses or Elijah's time ..the body had false prophets.

Firstly This is not over....This is like Moses Apologizing before we get a chance to see if the Sea will be parted.
We only get into Red Sea Territory when all else fails and the situation is completely hopeless.

And then these points
1 .Many SI members have persecution attitude which clouds anything or anybody who gets in the way of their beloved doctrine including Donald Trump
2 When the people of Israel had false prophets they did not kill all the prophets good and bad just because they heard falsehood they judged the bad only and did not throw the baby out with the bathwater.
Paul says that Prophesy is for exhortation ,Consolation and Edification .Without Prophesy we cant have these in action they way Paul described
I will pour out my Spirit in the last days ,dream dreams,visions and prophesy etc .Last time I checked we are in the last days.
The choice for Christians was to support a Person who was Anti Abortion(surpreme court judges)Pro Israel (Capitol to Jerusalem" or Support a person who was for Abortion,For Israel's enemies and many Christians voted for the Abortionist supporter because of nonsense such as "he acted arrogantly" or "his bad attitudes" nambe pambe arguements.
Some of these people are so deluded they would rather see babies die than have Trump in office.These people would be the very ones complaining about Elijah's directness or John the Baptist's fiery attitude or Jesus acting the disgraceful way he did in the temple with the money changers.How dare he ,Im going to support Herod instead.Our high level senseabilities would never allow us support a person like that.
Any Prophet who makes an Apology should have their apology accepted but they should not minister publicaly again even if/when this changes around.
Its clear to me 100% that Donald Trump is Gods man to be a buffer for the Church which he is.He was not a Christian but neither was Cyrus a believer but God used him.Cyrus no doubt had faults as a man and no doubt people didnt like the way "he sipped water out of a bottle"
8 The " Two Witnesses" everyone forgets are New Testament Prophets not old and they will not suffer fools gladly and will not bow down to political correctness.They will also foretell the FUTURE of a political leader called the Anti Christ .They tell the world who he is ,what he is going to do,when it is going to happen and what his judgement will be.
Alot of people are saying that people who predicted Trump to win are not real Christians .The ones I heard totally sold out to the Lord and love the Church as much as of the wonderful Christians ive had the pleasure of posting with on SI over the years, which is a great pleasure.
Look at the track record of CNN,Msnbc etc for the last four years and for the last year they have been heavily involved in censorship.Why do you believe a word they say,They are also false prophets on a national scale.What we are saying here is they lied completely for four years but we will forget their track record and believe them about the election anyway.

urs staff(as in a rod)

2021/1/9 16:55Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Docs,
Tell me this guy who thinks Trump will win doesnt love Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfqshbR7Kcg

Your staff

2021/1/9 17:27Profile
docs

Re:

I voted for Trump in 2016 and in 2020.

I've never advocated doing away with prophecy and I don't even watch MSNBC, CNN or those other networks. You assume a lot I think. I NEVER watch them. Those who sincerely repent publically, a great feat of humility to begin with, should be shown mercy and not rejection. There are many voices in the world but the voice of the Lord gives peace. His voice is what I desire now.

2021/1/9 17:28Profile
docs

Re:

Staff,

Why associate me with people who believe Trump will win with the belief that they are people who don't love Jesus? I've not even come close to saying such a thing! From past experience and now, good bro you might need to work a bit on the way you frame some of your comments and posts toward others.

All I did was post a couple of public apologies from men known as prophets who now believe now they got things wrong. Nothing more, nothing less.

2021/1/9 17:54Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Docs,
Not you ,you are not saying that but some people are saying that New Testament Prophets that prophesy falsely are not Christians or dont have a relationship or love the lord.This is not true .Also its too early to tell ,we have to wait for God's move .Dont we?
I think some of these people who call themselves Prophets are a worry as even John The Baptist didnt call himself a Prophet.So the fact that they call themselves by their gifting is a redish flag for me.
If these people believe they got it wrong then were just making it up and an apology can be accepted but its not enough even in the age of grace.It is a little difficult to even believe their apology is genuine to be honest.
New testament false Prophets differ from old testament false prophets.
urs staff

2021/1/9 18:33Profile
staff

Re:

Hi everyone,
I think this is important to look at ...

I would be interested in your opinions in this man who is continueing to say that Trump will win ,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5BLpQ-sBBQ

Have a look and this is the kind of person im talking about,
urs staff

2021/1/9 18:39Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy