SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The New Congress opened with a prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Sidewalk

San Diego

The New Congress opened with a prayer

The 117th Congress of the United States was opened in prayer, by a guy who closed his invocation with “Amen” and “Awoman.”

Everyone went bonkers over that, but I was more curious about the deity from whom he requested a blessing- Brahmin- a monotheistic god.

My previous understanding was that Brahmins are humans in the highest Hindu caste, the sect from whom their teachers and priests are selected. I did not know that there was a god by that name as well.

Any thoughts? It seems our new Congress was just opened with a prayer to Satan through one of his aliases?

2021/1/7 21:40Profile
Sree

Re: The New Congress opened with a prayer

I believe he said Brahma. Coincidently, I am from the Brahmin caste! God was merciful to show Christ to me!

Quote:
"We ask it in the name of the monotheistic god, Brahma, and god known by many names by many different faiths. Amen and awoman."

Brahma is not a monotheistic god at all. He is part of the Hindu trinity. He is the creator in that trinity and Vishu is the protector and Siva the destroyer. So the Chaplin was wrong in that aspect as well! There is no monotheism in Hinduism what so ever. In fact his prayer is an insult to Hindus.

2021/1/8 1:08Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Opening prayer in Congress

Thank you Sree! A very good answer!

Tom

2021/1/10 1:41Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy