SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What happened to ancient civilizations?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

What happened to ancient civilizations?

I find news reports of people finding artifacts, remnants of structures that indicate these people had advanced knowledge in construction. So advanced that leaves moderns wondering how did they do it? Not only that, moderns wonder who were these people? Where did they come from? and what happened to them? Many times if a 'city' is unearthed archeologists will find evidences of idol worship. So, who are these people? This question haunted me until....

Recently... I think I found the answer! Consider what Zephaniah 3:6 says:
“I have cut off nations;
Their corner towers are in ruins.
I have made their streets desolate,
With no one passing by;
Their cities are laid waste,
Without a man, without an inhabitant."

This verse describes accurately what archeologists and others are finding. Not only that but notice the past tense of the verb "have cut". Not future but something that has been done.

Amazing. Scripture is amazing how it does address some troubling questions-if we but look.

Sandra

2021/1/2 16:05Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: What happened to ancient civilizations?

Interesting, just today I went for a walk through a valley and saw and old quarry and a display board that explained the geologic perculiarity of this place. There was a 3 feet band of black slate that separated the other layers of slate. This black layer was rich of microfossils, which they say must be due to a global catastrophic event in the past. The layers above and below have different fossils.
These layers of black slate can be found in many different parts in the world, yet show the same sort of fossils that differ from those above and below.

Of course, they claim it was millions of years back, but the great diluge in the bible gives a simple answer.

2021/1/2 17:55Profile
docs

Re:

All is not lost. PTL!

"And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom will not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever." (Daniel 2:44)

13 I was watching in the night visions, And behold, One like the Son of Man, Coming with the clouds of heaven! He came to the Ancient of Days, And they brought Him near before Him.

14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, Which shall not pass away, And His kingdom the one Which shall not be destroyed. (Daniel 7:13-14)

No other people but His people have the privilege of living with such a sure hope!

2021/1/3 10:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Those millions of years about drive me crazy! I think the Biblical explanation is far more interesting. Believing the Biblical record provides the Believer with so much food for thought and amazing wonder...

And then you read of cities that have sunken into the sea-like in Japan and off the coast of Egypt, I think it is. How did it happen? We know God is in control but find this amazing, given the fact of how many blame global warming for many natural disasters.

Sandra

Ps: after googling the web for info on sunken cities it named 6!

2021/1/3 17:30Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy