SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Word Is The Foundation For Your Healing And Faith

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
FranklinB

The Word Is The Foundation For Your Healing And Faith

I want to lay some foundations on receiving healing that I think a lot of people don't understand. And one of the foundations is Isaiah 53:4,5 which says 4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. God said that by the stripes of Jesus we are healed, you can't wait until your flesh tells you that is true to believe that. Like when God changed Abram's and his wife's name from Abram-high father to Abraham-father of a multitude and his wife's name from Sarai-my princess to Sarah-princess of the multitude after he said that he had made him a father of many nations (Genesis 17:4,5). God said that he made him a father of many nations even though the scripture says that his body was dead and his wife's womb was dead (Romans 4:19). Well, a dead body and a dead womb is not able to produce a child, but what should they have done believed God or their bodies. But, a big point is this even though God said he did something their bodies did not reflect what God said he did. So, you can't look to your flesh to tell if God has done something or not. The only thing to do is to believe.

You see, you don't always see it or feel it when God does it, but you do see it when you receive it. For instance, in Mark chapter 1 a leper came to Jesus to be cleansed and it says that Jesus touched him and said, "Be thou clean" and as soon as he had spoken he was cleansed. He saw it when he received it. But, in Luke 17:12-14 ten lepers came to Jesus to be cleansed and he said unto them, "Go shew yourselves unto the priest" and as they went they were cleansed. Now, the practice in that day was you don't go to the priest until you have physical evidence of being clean. If you look back at Mark 1:40-42 Jesus sent him to the priest after he was cleansed, that's the proper order. Notice, the instance in Mark 1 it says as soon as Jesus had spoken he was cleansed, and yet here we see Jesus speaking unto them and there was no physical evidence. Now, does that mean nothing was done for them, no. Because, the scripture says as they went they were cleansed. Well, all Jesus did was send them to the priest so if nothing was done this time when he spoke then there would not have been anything for them to receive, as they went they received what Jesus did. And when they received they saw not when he did it. What's my point, I don't want you waiting for God to do something when He has already done something. Because, while you wait for him to do something you don't receive what He has done. Suppose those ten lepers would have stood there and waited for something to be done or waited to see or feel something, they never would have received.

In Luke 15:11-32 Jesus tells a parable about a man that had two sons better known as the parable of the Prodigal Son. The younger son asked for his share of the father's wealth so he divided his wealth between both his sons and a few days later the younger son took his and left. And after he had spent all of his money partying he decided to go back home and when his father saw him coming he ran to go meet him and called for his servants to get the fatted(best) calf in celebration of him coming home. Well, when the older brother came from the field working and heard the party he asked one of the servants what was going on and he told him that his father had killed the fatted calf in celebration of your brother coming home and he was angry and refused to go inside. So, his father came out to get him to come inside, but watch what the son says 29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends: 30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf. Notice, what the son said in verse 29, "Thou never gavest me a kid." But, in verse 31 the father told him, "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." Wait a minute, in the beginning of the parable it says that the father divided his wealth between them. Notice, he waited for the father to do what was already done and as long as he did he never got it. He could have went and got it whenever he chose to get it, but he's waiting.

You and I both know that in order to give someone something you don't have to take it and put it in their hands all you have to do is say this is yours and it's yours. The older son didn't take his father's word for it, but the younger one did. Once the father gave it to them they had every right to it. And what people do today is the same thing they don't take father God at his word when He says, "And with his stripes we are healed." Peter even backs that up in 1Peter 2:24 where he says, "By whose stripes ye were healed." Notice, in our two instances in Mark 1 and Luke 17 it says, as soon as he had spoken and he said unto them. Well, God is speaking to you through the scriptures, Jesus came and took those stripes so now you need to receive. The main way you receive is by agreeing with God and not just in word of mouth only, but also in faith. Notice, Hebrews 10:23 says, Let us hold fast the profession(confession) of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;). Confession means to say the same thing. When your confession of faith agrees with God's word then your words become health to your flesh. Proverbs 4:20-23 says, 20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. 21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. 22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. 23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. God's word is health to all your flesh and in hebrew that word health is translated as medicine, remedy, healing, cure. Proverbs 12:18 says, the tongue(words) of the wise is health. A wise man speaks God's word. Notice, God changed Abraham's and Sarah's name to get them speaking in line with his word. This is a faith walk and in this faith walk the word is the foundation for your faith and healing not your flesh.

I wish everyone a very happy and healthy new year. God Bless!!!

2021/1/1 22:06Profile
Kerygma1975

Re: The Word Is The Foundation For Your Healing And Faith

God can indeed heal; however, the passage cited in Isaiah 53 has nothing to do with physical healing. People today often have a flawed hermeneutic and fail to understand certain texts. In this, create a doctrine or thought process the Scriptures do not provide. For example, declaring the atoning work of Christ provides a guarantee for physical body healing - as opposed to the context of healing of man's spiritual condition.

Regards,
S

2021/1/6 14:28Profile
FranklinB

Re: Kerygma1975

All you have to do is look up the words in a concordance and you will see griefs is translated sicknesses and diseases and sorrows is translated pains. And in Matthew 8:16,17 you can see that it is referring to physical healing. Thanks for reading.

2021/1/11 17:57Profile
docs

Re:

I've looked those words up Franklin and I agree with you.

2021/1/11 18:20Profile
FranklinB

Re: docs

Thank you docs, that's why I suggest looking the words up because you always get a clearer understanding.

2021/1/11 22:43Profile
docs

Re:

Derek Prince stated in his book "Bought with Blood" about the Atonement that those words have been defined that way since the days of Moses. Derek was no rookie in his knowledge of the Hebrew language.

2021/1/11 23:28Profile
Kerygma1975

Re:

No need for a concordance FranklinB, I know Hebrew and have studied the book in detail. The language and understanding go beyond a concordance - careful exegesis is needed.

Blessings,

2021/1/12 12:48Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

K-

How do you explain the usage of the verses in the Matthew passage Franklin referenced?

2021/1/12 13:28Profile
Kerygma1975

Re:

First, understand two different languages are being used. Then parse verbs, do syntax work on both passages. Discover the different senses of the word being used within its context.I would suggest looking into the Brown Driver Briggs as well.

Blessings,

2021/1/12 16:07Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Is the Bible only for scholars or also for common folks?

“When evening had come, they brought to Him many who were demon-possessed. And He cast out the spirits with a word, and healed all who were sick, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: “ He Himself took our infirmities And bore our sicknesses.”
Matthew 8:16-17

The context is clearly the casting out of demons and physical healing.

I am not one who falls all over the idea that physical healing is part of the atonement.

But Matthew specifically relates physical healing to Isaiah 53.

2021/1/12 17:37Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy