SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Longing for the presence of God in your life

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

brothagary - thanks for the truthful and honest words.

So Paul says our old man was crucified in Jesus when Jesus was crucified.

What is the old man?

You mention the flesh in your post and I think you take it to be a physical body, however I would say myself, what he is talking about is the old nature that is born into every descendant of Adam. He’s talking about a nature. You could call it the Adamic nature.

This is an unpleasant fact about each one of us inside each one of us there is a rebel.

He (Adamic nature, flesh, body of sin) cannot ascend the hill of the Lord he cannot stand in his holy place?

The program for that rebel is execution.

But the message of the gospel, the good news is the execution took place 2000years ago when Jesus died on the cross.

Our old man was crucified in him

“Likewise reckon ourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God.”

We need the Holy Spirit to make that real to us.

2021/1/3 17:44Profile
brothagary

Re:

no I take the flesh to mean what we were before God put his spirit in us, the natural man paul speaks of would be equivalent, the natural man as you know doesn't understand spiritual things, the old man is that natural man or the flesh that wants to run our life, putt to death the deeds of the body paul said remember , if you by the Spirit do put to death the deeds of the body you will live, pauls idea of mortifying fleshly desires and impulses, is the same has deeds of the body, our body is also part of that flesh, that's why Paul said flesh and blood will not inherit the kingdom of God. Thanks post Murray's work, what a saint of god he was brother, iv never read his work, everyone I respect seems to have

2021/1/3 18:05Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: I take the flesh to mean what we were before God put his spirit in us.

In Cor 2:14 Paul calls the unsaved the natural they do not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him.

Then we have the carnal (people of the flesh)

1 Cor 3:1–4 But I, brothers,1 could not address you as spiritual people, but as people of the flesh, as infants in Christ. I fed you with milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it. And even now you are not yet ready, for you are still of the flesh. For while there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not of the flesh and behaving only in a human way? For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not being merely human?

So they are saved but are people of the flesh and remain carnal - they are not spiritual.

The word “carnal” comes from the Latin word for flesh. In Romans 8, and in Gal. 5, we are taught that the flesh and the Spirit of God are the two opposing powers by which we are dominated or ruled, and we are taught that a believer may be ruled by the flesh.

Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. Romans 6:6

Do we know it - is it real to us - we have come out of Egypt but are we in Promised land.

Have we entered his rest (spiritual) or are we wandering in the wilderness (carnal)?

After meeting Christ we may enjoy fellowship with God, but sometimes we are separated from Him; sometimes we may have nearness to Him, and at other times great distance from Him; there maybe sometimes a willingness to walk closely with Him, but sometimes there is unwillingness.

Are we willing to give up our sin, to walk in God presence continually, to submit yourself wholly to the will of God, and have no will of your own apart from His will?

*edited to add more detail

2021/1/3 20:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy