SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Longing for the presence of God in your life

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Longing for the presence of God in your life

Exodus 33:15
15 And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence

Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Psalms 51
1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.

3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.

5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. note

6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. note

11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. note

15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.

16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. note

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem. place

19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar

Psa 97:5 The hills melted like wax at the presence of the LORD, at the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.

Exodus 4033 And he reared up the court round about the tabernacle and the altar, and set up the hanging of the court gate. So Moses finished the work.

34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.

35 And Moses was not able to enter into the tent of the congregation, because the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. (Compare)

36 And when the cloud was taken up from over the tabernacle, the children of Israel went onward in all their journeys: note

37 But if the cloud were not taken up, then they journeyed not till the day that it was taken up.

Exodus 33

10 And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door: and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door.

11 And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle

Psalm 24:4
He who has clean hands and a pure heart, Who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, Nor sworn deceitfully.

Psalm 40:12
For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me

I have put so many verses here but my heartfelt is for the presence of God as both my mind and heart have been so under attack recently
I feel like sometimes that I have been attacked to the very core of my heart and mind

Like David I have so many sins and that my life is such a mess that troubles surround me and I long for the presence of God like David did and the repentance that he had in Psalm 51

I think that my favourite verses to do with the presence of God are when Joshua stays in god's presence whilst moses leaves

I have some stories when I would do that at meetings not leave until his presence comes , I just wish I had the strength and energy to do that now and the boldness

I feel sometimes feel a billion light years from God

In the Psalms it says who can ascend the hill of the lord those that have a clean hands and a clean hands

I so long to be clean again, I feel more like the tax collector

I so want Jesus presence at this time

1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.

Sometimes I think my own rebellious self is sometimes worse than the world , flesh

As fighting against the world , flesh and the devil
The unholy trinity

I so long for the presence of God and more than when I was younger

As knowledge doesn't matter as the thing that matters the most is to me is for Jesus to say well-done good and faithful servant as I don't want to go to hell

2021/1/1 14:49Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re: Longing for the presence of God in your life

Dominic, I too long for the presence of God in my life. Nothing is sweeter than feeling the manifest presence of Jesus.

One of the hardest things to do is walk by faith when you don't feel Him. I think every christian has "seasons of the soul". Satan wants you to feel like nobody has ever gone through what you are going through. Don't believe it. You will see the Day Star arise in your heart again. Jesus will say "well done, good and faithful servant" to you when your course is done in this life.

Begin to thank Him and praise Him now for what He has done in your life, and thank Him for never leaving you or forsaking you, and thank Him and believe Him for His manifest presence in you now and in the future.

2021/1/1 15:10Profile
brothagary

Re:

sounds like you have a lot of trouble crusafieng the flesh and its passions, brother, so sanctification is only a concept in your mind at the moment.

we are saved through faith by grace, but you are sanctified through the same faith, that same faith deep inside you is saying that you have died with Christ, you are dead to sin, its no longer you who live any more buts christ who lives in you , and you are a new creation, old things have passed away .

brother separate your self for a season, stop watching movies and get audio scripture and sart to meditate on the truth, you will never be able to crsafie the doubt you have in your heart unless you feed on the truth of who you are in jesus christ ,if you by the spirit do put to death the deeds of the body you will come to life .

You don't yet believe in the victory jesus accomplished on your behalf, repent of this heinous sin , be convicted by the holy spirit, and believe the good news , stop calling god a lier this minute repent and know god can lift you up because of who he is , stop thinking about your self and floudering in fleshly self pity , die to your self , how can he who has died to sin live in it any longer , your dead the flesh died , if one died for us then all have died . you are dead and your life is hidden in christ , this is the truth , you reject any other demoinic fleshly thoughts that exalts is self above these truths .....

You will know the truth , and the truth will set you free

2021/1/1 17:48Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Thanks i think we all have battles even writing posts on SermonIndex as we will battle them until we die and be glorified with him

I have burnt through more audio bibles than anyone I know. I have the audio bible on every device I own and the only reason I dont have it on the kettle is because I cant get the bible on there :)

I am praying to find my smartwatch as I use the bible on that , I need prayer to find

I dont tend to watch movies , but we still have temptation i think more

I am just desperate for the holy spirt and for the presence of God and have never felt more under attack .

There is a verse
1 Corinthians 10:12
Therefore let him that thinketh he standeth, take heed lest he fall.

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before a fall.

I know I am a sinner and needs a saviour

I get attacked spiritualy just for posting online and I am desperate for the presence of God in my life

2021/1/2 16:47Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Dominic, I too long for the presence of God in my life. Nothing is sweeter than feeling the manifest presence of Jesus.

One of the hardest things to do is walk by faith when you don't feel Him. I think every christian has "seasons of the soul". Satan wants you to feel like nobody has ever gone through what you are going through. Don't believe it. You will see the Day Star arise in your heart again. Jesus will say "well done, good and faithful servant" to you when your course is done in this life.

Begin to thank Him and praise Him now for what He has done in your life, and thank Him for never leaving you or forsaking you, and thank Him and believe Him for His manifest presence in you now and in the future.

--------]
Thanks Nigel :)

2021/1/2 16:51Profile
brothagary

Re:

if you have been born again, do you know that your a saint and not a sinner of the gentiles as Paul says ,
its seems that you have disconnected yourself from the promises of god , if you really believed them ,you would walk in the victory, that is your birthright. You have connected your self to the lying one who has rights over you flesh and therefore your whole body , you have completely forgotten the victory and there for your minds only knows attack and failure and pain , you have alloud him to do this you , you hunger and thirst for righteous spirit , but you wont believe what he says about you , instead you listen to the wrong voice , , be convicted of the sin of not trusting god ,and you will find healing , keep making excuses and resists and you will stay same or god forbid ,you will get worse , believe the word of the lord and stope giving place to the devil in jesus mighty name

2021/1/2 18:11Profile
brothagary

Re:

look brother god uses suffering and hard trials, to show us that we don't really trust him, and this can fell like such terrible thing to go through and we can find our self completely undone , full of depression and anxiety , and if you have a high calling to be a minister of the word in any way , god will shake up you whole life and keep shaking it even for several years , till you lose all faith in your self you wife your job and anything that your flesh trusts in , He wants to destroy the power of the flesh the dominion of sin , he teaches us through suffering to only trust in him , he who suffers ceases from sin , so bare that in mind brother if your a true Christian he will use all your suffering and make you strong in spirit , but you must believe that he who began a good work in you will finish it ..

2021/1/2 18:29Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote: I get attacked spiritualy just for posting online and I am desperate for the presence of God in my life.

I remember the day after going through months and months of massive attacks I finally decided I could no longer attend the church I had been attending.

On leaving the church crossing the road - I prayed a simple prayer "Father I believe what you said about the calling on my life I don't know how you will do it but I am not going to that church again". Then in my spirit I heard these words "You'll be like Job"

We all have to be tested - as the very act of testing is in itself part of your preparation, and can if you allow it drive you into a deeper relationship with God like nothing else can.

I take heart when reading about Andrew Murray story about Peter as it helped me understand what I was going through.

"And Peter went out and wept bitterly." -Luke 22:62

These words indicate the turning point in the life of Peter,- a crisis. There is often a question about the life of holiness. Do you grow into it? or do you come into it be a crisis suddenly? Peter has been growing for three years under the training of Christ, but he had grown terribly downward, for the end of his growing was, he denied Jesus. And then there came a crisis. After the crisis he was a changed man, and then he began to grow aright. We must indeed grow in grace, but before we can grow in grace we must be put right.

You know what the two halves of the life of Peter were. In God's Word we read very often about the difference between the carnal and the spiritual Christian. The word "carnal" comes from the Latin word for flesh. In Romans 8, and in Gal. 5, we are taught that the flesh and the Spirit of God are the two opposing powers by which we are dominated or ruled, and we are taught that a true believer may allow himself to be ruled by the flesh.

That is what Paul writes to the Corinthians. In the 3rd chapter, the first four verses, he says, four times to them, "You are carnal, and not spiritual." And just so a believer can allow the flesh to have so much power over him that becomes "carnal." Every object is named according to its most prominent characteristic. If a man is a babe in Christ and has a little of the Holy Spirit and a great deal of the flesh, he is called carnal, for the flesh is his chief mark. If he gives way, as the Corinthians did, to strife, temper, division, and envy, he is a carnal Christian. He is a Christian, but a carnal one. But if he gives himself over entirely to the Holy Spirit so that He (the Holy Spirit) can deliver from the temper, the envy, and the strife, by breathing a heavenly disposition; and can mortify the deeds of the body; then God's Word calls him a "spiritual" man, a true spiritual Christian.

Now, these two styles are remarkably illustrated in the life of Peter. The text is the crisis and turning point at which he begins to pass over from the one side to the other.

The message that I want to bring to you is this: That the great majority of Christians, alas, are not spiritual men, and that they may become spiritual men by the grace of God. I want to come to all who are perhaps hungering and longing for the better life, and asking what is wrong that you are without it, to point out that what is wrong is just one thing,-allowing the flesh to rule in you, and trusting in the power of the flesh to make you good.

There is a better life, a life in the power of the Holy Spirit. Then, I want to tell you a third thing. The first thing is important, take care of the carnal life, and confess if you are in it. The second truth is very blessed, there is a spiritual life; believe that it is a possibility. But the third truth is the most important,-You can be one step get out of the carnal into the spiritual state. May God reveal it to you now through the story of the Apostle Peter!

Andrew Murray - Deeper Christian Life

2021/1/3 8:06Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

σάρξ sarx literrally means flesh and carnal
https://www.biblehub.com/greek/4561.htm

1 John 2:16
For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.

we are all in a continual battle

2021/1/3 15:26Profile
brothagary

Re:

brother you will never taste victory while you make excuses for your defeat, the battle was won at the cross and by his strips, we are healed, your flesh wants you to believe that your gonna struggle like you have been and that this is a normal battle experience, its all lies from the evil one. Becasue how can he who has died to sin , live in it any longer?

2021/1/3 16:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy