SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Archaeologists Find Evidence of Neolithic Mega-Tsunami in Israel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

The Bible says Noah was to bring "cattle, fowl and creeping things" (i.e. snakes, lizards etc.). No reason to bring fish, corals, sponges etc. One could read Genesis 6:19 out of context (or force an incorrect interpretation onto the text). Read clearly it means "cattle, fowl and creeping things", not fish. Fish would be able to survive just fine outside the ark. The same with plant life. Seeds can last for quite some time floating on water. Even uprooted trees and plant life floating around could take root again.

It took 150 days for the water to abate. During this time, plant life would begin to grow again. Noah stayed on board the ark for several months while the waters dried up and vegetation took root. So Noah, his family and the animals would have gotten off the ark to a radically different world than they were used to, but not completely barren.

2021/1/1 16:17Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I was thinking more of this verse:

And behold, I Myself am bringing floodwaters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the earth shall die.
Genesis 6:17

There are extreme problems with just saying that all marine and lake life and river life could have survived for over a year in the floodwaters. Many aquatic creatures have extremely narrow niches in which they can survive, both salinity wise and where they can live. For example, you can’t just put coral at the bottom of a mile of water with no sunlight. Unless of course God miraculously kept them alive.

And why would God single out only land animals for judgment?

2021/1/1 16:48Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

Keep reading past verse 17 and the text explains that "all flesh wherein is the breath of life" means land animals, not aquatic life. Unless, like I said, one wants to force a meaning onto the text to make it look ridiculous. It makes no sense to say Noah brought carp, salmon, whales etc onto the ark in the context of either a global flood or a local one.

We have to remember that the pre-flood world was very different from what we see today. Just look at the fossil record and you can see animals and plants grew much bigger in the past. Salinity levels were in all probability lower than they are now in the oceans; plus animals can adapt to new environments.

God only judged people for their sins, destroying the creation around them was only to kill rebellious humans. Why would God "judge" animals in a local flood? It makes no sense either way.

I believe what the Bible says about Jonah being swallowed by a large fish, for example. I don't say "Well, to me it sounds like an exaggerated story, probably written to ignorant farmers that couldn't understand the world around them. Haw haw. Why, any reasonable man knows a human being can't survive inside of a fish for 3 days and nights. Besides, what kind of fish was it? We don't know of any fish that could keep a man alive inside it for that long..." etc. etc.

2021/1/1 17:14Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I don’t have any problem at all with the account of Jonah. But I do believe he was miraculously kept alive and spit out on the beach.

2021/1/1 21:53Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy