SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Archaeologists Find Evidence of Neolithic Mega-Tsunami in Israel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Archaeologists Find Evidence of Neolithic Mega-Tsunami in Israel

http://www.sci-news.com/archaeology/neolithic-mega-tsunami-israel-09188.html

2020/12/30 19:28Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re: Archaeologists Find Evidence of Neolithic Mega-Tsunami in Israel

Starting with an assumption of Uniformitarianism and deep age is a poor way to do science. It is always best to start with an infallible lens (the Bible).

2020/12/30 20:03Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

It’s not really “deep age”— they are talking 7000-8000 BC.

2020/12/31 11:29Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

They arrive at those dates with a preconceived set of assumptions, i.e. the earth is older than the Bible clearly says, accurate dates can be obtained using index fossils to date strata, and using strata to date index fossils (circular reasoning), accurate dates can be obtained by radiometric dating (Carbon-14 etc.) which also have assumptions built in. So yes, their assumptions are based on uniformitarianism and deep time.

Tell me Todd, when did Noah live, according to the Bible?

2020/12/31 22:08Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

//when did Noah live, according to the Bible?//

I have no idea, but if a global flood occurred around 2300 BC it would obviously mean any civilization discovered via archaeology (eg ancient Egypt, Stonehenge, Gobekli Tepe etc had to have been built later.

2020/12/31 23:37Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

"And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth: and the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters: and all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died. And Seth lived an hundred and five years, and begat Enos..."

Add up the dates, it isn't hard...

2020/12/31 23:57Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

How long ago did Jesus live, according to historical records?

2021/1/1 0:03Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

You are trying to make a point but I have no idea what it is.

One thing I just considered- did the ancients really keep track of their birthdays? How and why?

2021/1/1 9:50Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

The Bible has clear genealogical records. If you add up the dates (i.e. Adam lived 930 years, Seth lived 912 years, Enos lived 905 years etc.) you will understand the flood happened 2458 B.C. according to the Hebrew calendar.

The ancients weren't as dumb as modern people seem to think they were. They made calendars and kept birthdays as far back as Egyptian dynasties. The Bible even says "In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened." Genesis 7:11. That seems quite precise to me.

My point in showing you the biblical genealogies is to show you if Jesus was born about 2,000 years ago and He is a real person (and I believe He is), then his descendants had to be real people as well. When you read Matthew chapter 1, it gives a detailed list of His descendants. In verse 17 it says "So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations." Read Luke 3 and it gives a list of His descendants going all the way back to Adam.

If Jesus' ancestors weren't real, then He couldn't be real.

2021/1/1 12:46Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I understand about the genealogies but I am certainly not disputing that the patriarchs or Adam or Jesus’s ancestors were real people.

In regard to the flood, I can accept it exactly as written in scripture if the whole thing was one big miracle from beginning (the building of the ark for a hundred years) to the gathering of all the animals to the amount of water and caring for and feeding all the animals on the ark (which per the texts had to include fishes and other aquatic animals (coral, sponges, whales) and seeds for every plant, to the landing on the mountain side and the release of all the animals to a barren world with nothing to eat but each other, etc etc. The big question is whether it was all one big miracle. I am not saying it wasn’t, but I don’t think that’s what Ken Ham etc think.

2021/1/1 15:36Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy