Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Looking for a scripture

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Tomo07

Australia

Looking for a scripture

Hello all.

Is there a scripture somewhere that says something about all that needs to be revealed has been revealed through the word and there is no more?

Thanks all.

2020/12/21 17:35Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: Looking for a scripture

There are various scriptures (which I know you have seen in any simple online searches) that discuss what has been revealed, etc.

I know of no passage that says that everything has been revealed in the Word and no more. Jesus is, of course, the final and fullest revelation of God (Hebrews 1). But, I think your question may really be "is there a verse that says we aren't to expect any revelation outside of Scripture?" Or, so it seems to me as I read it. I may very well be wrong on that.

Because of that statement in Hebrews 1, and the close of canon and the apostolic age, orthodox faith has largely settled on the finality of God's revelation of Himself in the written Word as we have it, and in particular the person of Christ as He is explained and shared in that written Word. We also have the continuing ministry of the Holy Spirit of Whom Jesus said, He will teach us. John 14:26, 1 John 2:27.

There is a revelation that remains future. What we will be at the return of Christ has not yet been revealed, for example. 1 John 3:2. The revelation of the sons of God remains unfulfilled; there is a glory to be revealed not only to us but in us. Romans 8:18, 19. And, when Jesus returns, we will know as we are known (a knowledge we do not yet possess). 1 Cor. 13:12.

2020/12/21 21:57Profile
Tomo07

Australia

Re:

TIM you've understood correct. I wasn't sure if there was or not, thanks for taking the time to respond.

2020/12/22 11:36Profile
brothagary

Re:

5Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men’s hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God. 6 Brothers, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us not to go beyond what is written. Then you will not take pride in one man over another.

What was written, was clearly taught in the new testament, as called the apostle's doctrine, what was written in epistles by our holy apostles was well distributed amongst the churches in christ ...the revelation of the mystery of the new covenant was recorded and taught in all the churches .... don't go past what is written, neither add nor take away from any prophesy recorded in the book of life .....

2020/12/25 19:51Profile
brothagary

Re:

The apostle Paul is saying here, neither I paul or peter or Apollos, are going be giving anything that you have not all ready herd because he makes it clear it was already written.

2020/12/25 19:58Profile
deogloria

Re:

Here is a very good sermon by Pastor Jim Cymbala
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESbOrQCVxPc

You can also find the audio here on SI under Audio Sermons - Jim Cymbala - Twisted religion (SID28369.mp3)

2020/12/25 21:31Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy