SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is mankind ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deogloria

What is mankind ?

I'm following the other threads.
But I don't like to go off-topic.
So I'd like to discuss a few things here.

Albert Mohler begins his article by glorifying men's achievements with a big national pride.
He is president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. I wonder how well he knows scripture.

In contrast here is what GOD thinks about mankind and what mankind has achieved.
Genesis 6:5 Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great upon the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was altogether evil all the time. 6And the LORD regretted that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart.

Today mankind is probably even more wicked then they were in those days. And as Albert Mohler has just shown us, most churches don't preach the whole truth anymore.
We all know how difficult it is to find a Gospel preaching church. To preach the bad news that mankind, apart for God, is wicked and utterly lost - and the glorious News about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The wickedness of mankind and the lack of proper Gospel preaching - these are the main reasons for the situation we are in, why this world is in such a mess.
We are again "in the days of Noah" or if you prefer, on the way to Babylon. We failed to even recognise this.

Todd suggested to look at history. We just need to look at the last 20 years. How we were told about a dictator who is a danger to the whole world.
So the world leaders promised to do something about it, to free the people and to make the world a better place.
There just is only one thing we can learn for history...you know it.
We need to learn from the Word of God!

Christmas is coming. Hope we find time to read His Word and meditate on it.
May we be like those wise men - and seek HIM.

Markus

2020/12/21 17:24Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: What is mankind ?

I'm just jumping in the deep here and you can kick me out if you like!

You said, "We all know how difficult it is to find a Gospel preaching church."

It depends on which Gospel you are talking about!! :) Those fundamentalists believe they "got it all" when they got saved!! lol. So there is no reason to believe anyone outside their church is right.

A lot of Pentecostals also think they got it all because they speak in tongues! I speak in tongues but praise God I know I do not have it all.

God did regret that He made man but then the final and glorious sacrifice came and laid His life down ushering in the Holy Spirit! We were given a mandate to go into all the world. Sadly, how many are doing that?

I also wondered about Mr Mohlers scripture knowledge!! But apologize for my ramblings, I'm at work and now I've got to go back.

God bless you,
Lisa

2020/12/22 12:27Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Markus-

You entirely missed the point of Mohlers article.

You seem to be suggesting that because man is evil we should not avail ourselves of technology created by men. Yet you are using some sort of device and the internet to type your post.

So where do you draw the line? What technology is bad? What is good?

Is medicine good? Paul was good friends with a physician.

You are trying to grossly oversimplify a complex issue.

Mohlers point is that vaccines are not bad and he is grateful for the hard work that went into developing one so quickly.

You may disagree which is fine but to suggest he doesn’t know his Bible is absurd.

2020/12/22 22:42Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy