SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is there a way . . .

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Is there a way . . .

to look at things the way they used to be?

2020/12/19 5:34Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Is there a way . . .

Sister,

yes I agree. I think one way to think about this is: Have we become to earthly minded setting our gaze on politics, men and circumstances of a decaying society? Or is our gaze on the king of kings?

So with your recommendation let us consider the way it used to be, and set our minds on things above not things of the earth.

2020/12/19 7:10Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Brother Greg

Thanks for your encouragement, you're right, we need to get our minds back on the King of Kings, because in the end, We Win. Praise Jesus!

2020/12/19 8:57Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

The answer is so very simple yet profound.

“Jesus is the WAY, the truth, and the life.”

“But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.” (2 Corinthians 11:3)

“ Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. “
(Rev. 2:4)

2020/12/19 8:59Profile
HeartSong

Re:

God bless you, dear brother Greg. While my question had to do with finding a sermon (somehow I got into an area where nothing was recognizable) you are so right that it is difficult to stay on tract. In my heart I would so like it to be the way it used to be, but it is a conundrum that I will only be able to get back there if I can only find a way for my spouse to come along. This is a great difficulty as he is of course the head, but there is another spirit that so often gets in the way. I know the answer is prayer, but it is extremely difficult to have he who is supposed to love you, inflict such pain. Do pray for me as the LORD brings me to mind.

2021/1/4 2:24Profile
HeartSong

God is soooo good - I still have a song in my heart, and oh how I feel like dancing!!!

2021/1/4 4:06Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Greg,
God is involved with Politics ,has been and always will be.Whether we like it or not and the attitude of ignoring the current political situation is just sticking our heads in the sand.We have to look to God to solve the situation of course but "the way" is not looking "away" and forgetting what has happened in the last few months,urs staff

2021/1/4 6:38Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
but it is a conundrum that I will only be able to get back there if I can only find a way for my spouse to come along. This is a great difficulty as he is of course the head, but there is another spirit that so often gets in the way. I know the answer is prayer, but it is extremely difficult to have he who is supposed to love you, inflict such pain. Do pray for me as the LORD brings me to mind.

Amen sister, I will pray.

2021/1/4 6:53Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
God is involved with Politics ,has been and always will be.Whether we like it or not and the attitude of ignoring the current political situation is just sticking our heads in the sand.We have to look to God to solve the situation of course but "the way" is not looking "away" and forgetting what has happened in the last few months,urs staff

Dear brother,

My thoughts go to the New Testament where we are commanded to pray for rulers, but we never see the Apostles involved in any political parties or activism.

Jesus said "my kingdom is not of this world" our focus needs to be the kingdom of God. Does that mean we have to be 100% divorced from politics, I would say no. But it does mean that we need to be de-attached from the cares of the world. The Church matters much more and God matters the most.

2021/1/4 6:55Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Greg,
I would call that rightly or wrongly sticking a head in the sand.How can you be partly divorced?you either are or your not?
Just because Apostles werent politicians is a not a good example to use as it was the beginning of the Church .Also so what Apostles are not the whole Church?Many Christians were involved in politics and for the good of the humanity and the Church.The Apostles werent involved in many things as well as politics should we not do those also?
John the Baptist who is in fact the first Apostle in all but name, as all 12 Apostles come from John became embrollied with political contraversy with Herod.
I wish people were intellectually honest on the subject rather than in my opinion "using the God Card" which is really saying to people because you are concerned and activated over the injustice of the massive election fraud and you believe the President is Gods man that you are not looking to God but Man.As if you couldnt support a politician whole heartedly without taking your eyes off God.
These Christians in my opinion wont except the good done by President Trump no matter what he does.Its a form of Spiritual blindness in my opinon,urs staff

2021/1/4 9:36Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy