SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Pray that I might be able to pray

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Mustacheglasses

New Jersey, USA

Pray that I might be able to pray

I don't know how many people are going to read or understand this but I would like to ask for prayer.

My body is weak and when I draw near to the Lord in prayer, or when I am moved to any powerful feeling at all, it puts a significant strain on my system.

Please pray that God would strengthen my body so that I would not be hindered in prayer.

I am not stirring myself up into some kind of silly fervor. I just find that whenever I draw near to God, He is so overwhelming.

And when I long after Him, which I find harder and harder to resist, it is difficult to physically bear.

And when I want to lift up a need to Him, I feel my need more keenly and it is impossible not to be moved.

Thank you for reading this and thank you for your prayers.

2020/12/15 18:47Profile
mama27

Re: Pray that I might be able to pray

Yours is not my experience, but I am praying for you right now as I type. I am certain God knows all about it. We know He desires that we come to Him as little children and that He is pleased with your desire to come to Him. I am praying that He will meet your need in a powerful way.

2020/12/16 22:14Profile
Mustacheglasses

New Jersey, USA

Re:

Thank you Mama27.

There has been some progress. I'm undergoing a treatment which allows me to sleep (without being doped up.) This is progress, I think.

Last night was the best night of sleep I've had in a while.

I'm about to spend some time in prayer and while I still think that I need to be careful to keep calm, I am optimistic.

Again, thank you.

2020/12/17 9:38Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Joseph-

Have ever tried writing out your prayers? Just like you would write a letter to a friend.

This is just a thought- it may or may not do anything to alleviate your issue.

2020/12/17 15:57Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi Joseph,

Your post reminded me of when I first came to the Lord. I didn't know how to pray. I was afraid and hurting by the fact that I couldn't pray.

I didn't know if I was supposed to kneel, sit or stand. More importantly, I didn't know what I was supposed to say either.

I remember hearing something deep inside that simply said that I would "talk to me."

That day, I lay upon my bed and placed a pillow over my face. I simply spoke -- sometimes aloud and sometimes with my mind (and always with my heart) -- into my pillow. I spoke to the Lord as I would speak to a friend (albeit a Friend who created all that is).

Now, your request differs from what I experienced. However, I think that I learned that you can pray in any manner that you find helpful. You can kneel, lay down, stand up or even walk. As Todd said, you can write to the Lord in prayer.

In fact, I love to walk somewhere apart from people when I pray. The point is to speak with the Father while you're alone. Matthew 6:5-15 is such a useful passage!

So, I don't think that there is anything wrong with being physically or emotionally overwhelmed while you pray. If we're going to be overwhelmed, I can think of nothing (or no one) better.

However, I would also suggest finding a way to pray -- undistracted by anything -- in which you aren't prone to feeling so overwhelmed. This might include a different approach to how you pray (e.g., walking, sitting, writing, etc.). Obviously, you're not bound by any of them.

Here are a couple of songs to encourage you:

"Oh Lord, You're Beautiful" by Keith Green
(first time he sang it):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqEa1Uo9UZc

"Be Still" by Angie Lewis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkMpQkDnsu4

2020/12/18 12:31Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

P.S. - I will remember you in prayer today.

2020/12/18 12:33Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Father I pray you put your hand upon your son's heart I pray u forgive him and myself of known or unknown sins..as I intercede.. Give him a pure heart and clean hands as he enters your presence psa 24 I thank you he has a heart to pray I pray Holy Spirit you hover over him and reveal yourself to him. Show him your heart and father touch him physically. I thank you that you are the GOD of miracles you teach us in Psa 77:14 that you are the GOD of wonders.. DO a miracle for him let YOUR BLOOD run through HIS BLOOD in JESUS name and send your warring angels to break any chains over him.. I pray this in faith and I pray He can enjoy your presence for this is a great prayer to be in Your presence is fullness of Joy.. In JESUS name
Sister Frannie

2021/1/3 16:35Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy