Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Identifying FALSE DOCTRINES

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
aeryck

United Kingdom

Identifying FALSE DOCTRINES

Hi,

Been quiet for awhile and working really hard to get my ebook going. It is harder than I thought, however it is the same process everytime I write. I get my head tangled up in reading reams and reams of relevant information. Then finally when I have exhausted my brain to death, well not death, nearly death.

Then it happens, I remember where God took me to while I was working on my last ebook. I was busy writing and at some point, I wanted to say..... ' and having read the Scriptures on the subject...' I was frozen dead, again not actually dead, but just stunned by my easy lie. I had not read the Scriptures on the subject.

So began my first lesson in realization: When you write something about the Lord, for the Lord, please go to the Lord for the information.

I was totally stunned as I paged through and asked my question in the Scriptures just how many answers there were to my question.

Not many authors follow this process and it is gauranteed that their lack of submission to the Scriptures is bound to produce a book that will contain too much of their own ideas, and as a result be something that might seriously mislead the readers.

My final point, is that FALSE DOCTRINES are often not seen, because we have not had solid teaching in the Foundation Principles of the Doctrine of Christ, as mentioned in Hebrews 6.

I do remember that as a baby christian, I sat under the ministery of Pastor Noel Cromhout. He said something that was bound to open my eyes and keep me from straying into false teaching.

He remarked that these first principles are infact, like the blueprint, and when you get a body of doctrine you just hold it over the blueprint and if it does not fit you will quickly see.

In Jesus,
Aeryck.
:-P

ps. Derek Prince worked on accurately presenting these for 50 years, that is a very long time to work on a book. It is available at click here
Title: 'The Spirit Filled Believers Handbook'

Newsletters here: click

2005/7/20 14:05Profile

Re: Identifying FALSE DOCTRINES

Acts 17:11 Now these [Jews] were better disposed and more noble than those in Thessalonica, for they were entirely ready and accepted and welcomed the message [concerning the attainment through Christ of eternal salvation in the kingdom of God] with inclination of mind and eagerness, searching and examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so.

Lahry

2005/7/21 7:28
aeryck

United Kingdom

Hi Lahry,

I am glad that you are searching them too. Good work. When I stopped looking around at the teachings of men, and began drinking the pure milk of the Word, then the real victories were won in my heart.

1 Timothy 4:1 ~ Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils...

It is so very important for us to remain in the Word and not to go for what is new and fashionable and trendy. His Word, is 'new every morning, new every morning, Great is thy faithfulness O Lord....' [making a little melody..woohoo]

Thankyou for the focus.

In Jesus our Great Shepard,
Aeryck

2005/7/26 2:44Profile

Re: If only men.....

....and women would hook up with the God of His Word instead of other men, the world and our witness to it would be much different.
We are all called to be ministers. Each and every believer who seeks the truth via the Holy
Spirit through the Word of God should at some point begin to recieve revelation. With this revelation, God will reveal Himself in our thoughts, and direct our actions. We should begin a life of telling others, and giving them the example of Paul..."follow me as I follow Christ". Are you following Christ? If so where is He taking you? Where have you been lately? Did Christ lead you there?
Only those who refuse to feed themselves hook up with prominent "church people". Yes I love the things that some men share, and thank God for them. But as I have grown in grace, I find the need for the instruction of the servant fading and I am able to feed for myself, as the Holy Spirit provides truth and life.
If I am passionately running after conferences and seeking "big names", I am not seeking Christ and His will for my life. If God cannot provide for me in my prayer closet, what makes me think He will in an auditorium or a steeply house?

Here is a link to a word God gave me about this issue.....I trust it will be a blessing to you. But if you do not see the hand of God in it, run.
http://forums.delphiforums.com/Onesimus/messages

Yes, I do realize that what I've posted can be a contradiction. We all need one another for the gifts and ministry that God blesses us through each and every part of the body. But not part should ever think itself more important than the other, nor should we think of any part more important than the other. Amen? God bless you.

Totally depending on unmerited favor,

Lahry

2005/7/26 8:16
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: My sheep hear my voice

Yeah, nothing beats a home cooked meal.

I wanted to add last comment, that Jesus said, [b]'My sheep hear my voice.'[/b]

That whole parable of the sheep has a lot of answers to this thread.

In Jesus,
Aeryck

ps. the link didn't work?

2005/7/26 11:43Profile

Re: The link works

you have to go through a ad page first, but down at the bottom hit "no thanks" and it will take you to the page.

In Him,

Lahry

2005/7/27 7:20
aeryck

United Kingdom

Re: Nice link!

Hey Lahry,

I will be sure to read it when I find it, what is the title? Onesimus?...not?:-P

I learned a big lesson today. Those Bereans really rocked. Set a good example, 'to [b]search the Scriptures[/b] to see it things are so'... oh yeah, oh yeah...

Aeryck by Jesus Christ

2005/7/27 10:30Profile

Re:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/Onesimus

2005/7/27 17:31
ellie

UK

Is this a private conversation, or may I join in too.

Yes! OK Thankyou.

Derick Prince
'The Spirit Filled Believers Handbook'
I have managed to find it thanks...

Reading what you have both written is refreshing. I love to see the truth of God which is written by so many on this site and so thorough.
I have recieved a lot of fellowship reading that which some of you have to say.

ellie

I worship the Lord in all truth of his word. He delights my soul, he fills my spirit. I abound in his Love. Amen

2005/7/27 20:25Profile
aeryck

United Kingdom

Hi Ellie,

The new site for Derek Prince Ministries, is really great. The site could not have been up for more than a week when I wrote this thread, so it was quite a nice suprise to see the new format.

'Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.'
[John 16:13]

'Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.'
[1 John 4:1]

1. We can expect to be guided by the Holy Spirit, into all truth.
2. We aught to try the spirits whether they are of God.

There comes that reference again to 'False Prophets', Keith Green's study on audio 'Devotions or Devotions' where he talks very candidly about his own shortfalls in the beginning when he was doing the 'I am a prophet thing', it is a good word for ministers who are sometimes verbally attacked by so-called prophets with a 'word from the Lord' to correct their ministry etc... [Very humbling to listen to this beautiful man of God, and how he broke before God, and repented and even said, that if he was going to be a stumbling block to anyone he would be quite willing to stop ministering.]

Jesus warned us that this would be a sign that would precede his return. It is a time to keep a pure heart before the Lord and to repent if we sin, and to keep our lives filled with the oil of the Holy Spirit.

Amen, for you post.

Aeryck by Jesus Christ.

alt-add:- the video of the same

2005/7/29 10:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy