SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : John MacArthur: World 'perfectly suited for the Antichrist to come' amid COVID-19 chaos

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 John MacArthur: World 'perfectly suited for the Antichrist to come' amid COVID-19 chaos

Grace Community Church Pastor John MacArthur has warned that today’s world is “perfectly suited for the Antichrist to come” amid the chaos and “lawlessness” stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic.

MacArthur, whose Sun Valley, California-based church has repeatedly sparred with authorities over COVID-19 worship restrictions, said on Sunday that world governments “have done something that's never been done in human history” by making the pandemic issue and the response “global.”

“Now we are a global world. And that is a setup that we've been waiting for through redemptive history since the Lord promised that there would come, in the future, an Antichrist who would have a global government,” the 81-year-old pastor said.

“We literally have such power over people globally that we can shut them down so they can't function,” he said.

“This suits the world of Antichrist. As you look at the book of Revelation, there's the mark of the beast, the number, and if you don't have that, you don't buy, you don't sell, you don't exist. Everything about you, they know — the people who have access to all your data. They know all of it. You can go out of existence virtually any moment [and] somebody decides that. This is the kind of world that appears to be perfectly suited for the Antichrist to come, bring a certain amount of peace, [and] the world falls at his feet.”

MacArthur, who also runs a syndicated Christian teaching radio and television program, described the Antichrist as the “instrument of Satan,” adding: “And of course, all hell breaks loose, and in that time of the Great Tribulation, God's judgment comes, at the end of which Christ returns.”

The pastor said that while he’s not predicting that “the Lord is coming soon,” the unrest seen today reflect those prophesied in Scripture.

“The Bible says in the End Times there will be lawlessness. And there is lawlessness [today] and an escalating lawlessness and an effort to create more lawlessness by taking restraints away,” he said. “This is a world that could find itself in such absolute chaos that the right satanic leader who promises to fix everything could be given the title of king of the world. That Antichrist, aided by the false prophet, is what we see in the book of Revelation.

“We have the kind of weaponry that could destroy a third of the population, a fourth of the population, as you see in the book of Revelation,” he continued. “We have the kind of technology that can literally erase people out of existence. So, it's just up to us to be sure that we're looking at the signs of the times.”

from: https://www.christianpost.com/news/john-macarthur-world-perfectly-suited-for-antichrist-to-come.html

2020/12/12 19:18Profile
staff

Re: John MacArthur: World 'perfectly suited for the Antichrist to come' ami

Hi
Hope everyone is keeping well.
The world has not been so well suited for the Anti Christ as it is in 2020,no doubt.
However it has to be understand that where their is an Anti Christ their is also a Jezebel and an Elijah.
The bible is quite clear on this all you have to do is follow the simple pattern.
The Worldly view and most modern Church views of the term "a voice crying in the wildereness" is very different to the biblical view of "a voice crying in the wilderness".
The worldly view can be summed up as a person who is saying the right thing but is ignored and turns out to be right or we should have listened but didnt and we are now suffering the consequences.
The biblical view is one of total success!
The end times battle with the Anti Christ is one of total success for Christians.The Anti Christ is a double minded loser as described by the bible,
urs staff

2020/12/12 20:46Profile
docs

Re: It won't be a cake walk

/The end times battle with the Anti Christ is one of total success for Christians.The Anti Christ is a double minded loser as described by the bible,
urs staff/

"I was watching; and the same horn was making war against the saints, and prevailing against them, until the Ancient of Days came..." (Daniel 7:21-22a)

"It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation." (Rev 13:7)

"And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ" (Rev 12:17).

He will have a short but fiercely violent career. The saints will overcome by the blood of the lamb, the word of their testimony and by not loving their lives even unto death" (Rev 12:11). Yet it will not be a cake walk. Many Christians will overcome by giving their very lives in martyrdom. The greatest revival of souls likely ever seen during this time will also be accompanied by the most trying time of persecution and martyrdom ever experienced by the Church. Reality is reality. Personally, I'm all for revival however and whenever it comes, but I don't understand why so much talk of revival seems to almost ignore any talk of preparation for the age ending coming time of severe trial.

2020/12/13 10:40Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Docs,
He wont have a short violent reign in the first 3 1/2 years of the 7 years only in the second half thats very clear and many peole are intellectually dishonest on this point.

For instance
They gave presents and basically threw a world wide party when the witnessees were killed.This could not happen if the preceeding 3 1/2 years were hell on earth.It just couldnt.
Also its only after the peace treaty is broken that all the bad violent things happen.
So the first half of the 7 yrs is a time of total success for the witnesses who are Elijah .So all your scripture are correct only as it pertains to the second 3 1/2 years.

My point I suppose is if you are going to mention the Anti Christ is coming for balance you have to mention that God is sending Elijah at the same time,Its not all about the boogerman ,urs staff

2020/12/13 17:13Profile
docs

Re:

Well staff,

From recent experience, you seem to assume things about other people's posts that may not necessarily be so. I never said anything about the entire seven years in reference to the violent nature of his career. Nor was I being intellectually dishonest. I appreciate your input and views but you may want to put the brakes on a little at times. I'm well aware that my scriptures pertain to the second half of the time period.

Thanks and blessings.

2020/12/13 17:42Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Docs,
Just to be perfectly clear I never said you were being intellectually dishonest.I dont know why you thought i was talking about you ,i was not.You were not arguing that the first half of the trib was like the second.
I was talking about many many people who have argued that the God is coming back to chaos ,famine,war but somehow the world even though is after going through 3 1/2 years of tribulation are meant to have money to throw a party!Thats my point
So for whatever reason I certainly wasnt calling you intellectually dishonest,I hope that clears that misunderstanding up,blessings staff

2020/12/13 20:03Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

brothers,

Let us refrain from any past argument and just try to focus on the main points of the original thread and see where we can agree instead.

2020/12/14 1:57Profile
docs

Re:

Thank you Greg.

One thing is for sure. The love of many has grown cold because lawlessness is abounding. The man of lawlessness, manifesting the fullness of the mystery of iniquity, may not be that far off.

2020/12/14 3:48Profile
docs

Re:

OK staff. No problem.

Thank you.

2020/12/14 3:51Profile
Kerygma1975

Re:

Maranatha!

2020/12/31 11:42Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.