SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Speak The Word Of God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
FranklinB

Speak The Word Of God

I don't think we know what we have in the word of God. For Romans 1:16 says that it is the power of God unto salvation to them that believe. Don't limit the word salvation, it is taken from two greek words soteria and sozo which means to deliver, protect, heal, preserve, and make whole. But, even though it's the power of God to them that believe we need to know how to put that power to work. Romans 10:10 says with the heart(spirit) we believe and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Confession means to say the same thing, so the power is put to work when you say the same thing as God's word.

God even says in Isaiah 55:11 that his word shall not return to him void, but it shall accomplish and it shall prosper. Well, how does God's word return to him when it is spoken. And all through Proverbs it backs up Romans 10:10 and Isaiah 55:11, the mouth(words) of the upright shall deliver them (Pro. 12:6). Proverbs 12:18 says, that the tongue(words) of the wise is health(meaning healing marpa in hebrew). Proverbs 16:24 says the same thing, it says that pleasant words are health to the bones. Proverbs 14:3 says the lips(words) of the wise shall preserve them. Even in the great Psalm 91 if you look at verse two it says, I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. And as you read down in verse 9 it says, Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most high, thy habitation. In verse 10, There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. But, how do you make the Lord thy habitation, see back up in verse 2 when you say of the Lord. Just as God said in Numbers 14:28 when He said, "As you have spoken in mine ears so will I do unto you."

But, here is were some people miss it. It's not about just speaking the word it has to be mixed with faith. Hebrews 4:2 says, For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. The word you speak has to be mixed with faith. Notice in Hebrews 10:23 it says to hold fast to your confession of faith. Well, what is faith Hebrews 11:1 tells us, Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. In 2Corinthians 4:18 it says, While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. Notice, it talks about things seen and things not seen. The things that are seen are temporal or subject to change but, the things that are not seen are eternal(spiritual) or they don't change. The things of God are already reality in the spirit realm and faith is the substance of them. But, in their spiritual form they do not profit you. You need the spiritual to become physical or manifested(which means to appear). And the way you do that is by releasing the substance of them through your words.

Notice, what Jesus said in Matthew 12:34,35 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. 35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. Notice, Jesus said that things come out of your heart or spirit. Well, you know that things don't come out of your heart in physical form, but the substance of things come out of your heart by your words in spiritual form. And that substance is faith which has the potential to become the thing itself. Jesus said it this way in Matthew 17:20, And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. What is the comparison with faith and a seed, a seed is the substance of the thing and becomes the thing itself. A rose seed becomes an actual rose. A seed is also evidence that the thing has to exist first in order to have a seed of it. That is a law established in Genesis (Gen. 1:11,12). God created the thing and put the seed in it, so God's word being seed as it says in Luke 8:11 tell you what already is.

In Mark 4 Jesus tells the parable of the sower and it is a very powerful parable because in contains a lot of powerful truths for us today. It talks about a man going out to sow seeds and the different types of ground the seed fell on. All of the types of ground in the parable are peoples hearts(spirit). So, according to the parable the word of God is the seed and the peoples hearts are the soil or ground where the seed is sown. In the natural we know this principle, if you put a seed in the ground and attend to it the substance in that seed will begin to work to become the thing itself. And that's how it works in the spirit when you put the word of God in you. Paul calls the word of God (the word of faith) in Romans 10:8. So, when the word is in you and you speak it out (the word of faith) that substance will work to become the thing itself. Remember, isn't that what is says in Matthew 12:34,35 things come out of your heart when you speak them or release the substance of them.

Now, in closing let's put all this together in Mark 5:25-34 it tells about a woman that had an issue of blood (she was bleeding internally) and it reads as thus 25 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years, 26 And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse, 27 When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment. 28 For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole. 29 And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague. 30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes? 31 And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? 32 And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing. 33 But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth. 34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

Notice, first she heard about Jesus and Romans 10:17 says faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Second, she said, "If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole." Third, she went and touched his clothes, so she acted on what she released her faith for. And fourth, that substance became the thing itself, exactly what she released. And notice in verse 32 it says that Jesus turned to see her that had done this thing. But, there's something here I think some people miss, in Malachi 4:2 it says, But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. Notice, what she said, "If I may touch but his clothes" not him. So, she most likely know that scripture which was referring to the hem of his garment. So, she was speaking according to the word of God. And in my closing thought, the word of God always has the power to bring to pass exactly what it says so use it.

2020/12/12 15:55Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy