SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How do we pray?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Mustacheglasses

New Jersey, USA

How do we pray?

I think nearly everyone who calls themselves a Christian will give mental ascent to the notion that Christians ought to pray.

But I do not think that many of us know how to pray at all. I am under the impression that 99.9% of our praying amounts to so much blustering and blabbering.

I don't think we can just begin to pray well at the first.

I think we need to begin by simply being still before God and meditating upon His nature and character. We need to be still and know that He is God.

After He has taught us to be still, I think the next immediate lessons are praying with faith and persevering in prayer. That is to say, we pray consciously deciding to know that He will answer our prayer. And we continue to wait upon Him in prayer until we receive His clear answer, no matter how long that might take.

We very often want to jump up to the stature of spiritual giants when we're loathe to simply begin and be faithful in the very small beginnings of things.

Let us put aside all presumption and make ourselves still before God. Let us be taught by the Holy Spirit to pray prayers that truly availeth much.

2020/12/12 9:35Profile
docs

Re: How do we pray?

Amen!

I've set aside today as a day of prayer and seeking direction. I hope I can avoid distractions and NCAA football.

Thanks for a timely and wise word.

2020/12/12 10:08Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

“Assuredly, I say to you, unless you change and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.”

2020/12/12 17:31Profile
Mustacheglasses

New Jersey, USA

Re:

TMK, I'm confused as to how you're applying this Scripture to what I wrote.

2020/12/12 18:16Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I think most people make prayer way too complicated so they just don’t bother. Jesus stressed being like little children meaning keep it simple.

I am not suggesting your post said otherwise.

God wants us to be honest with him and come to him as a child.

2020/12/13 12:49Profile
Mustacheglasses

New Jersey, USA

Re:

He does indeed.

2020/12/14 21:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy