SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian Christmas presents to share the gospel with teenagers and younger

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Christian Christmas presents to share the gospel with teenagers and younger

I have nieces and nephews with formally working at a Christian bookshop as there is a scarcity of Christians bookshops in the uk most closed due to selling word of faith/ prosperity gospel books
I want to get some good Christian books for my nieces and nephews ranging from all ages .
The Fortnite and Minecraft generation , it is hard as most books are aimed at either toddlers and the scarcity of good Christian teenager books 📚

If Jesus gave the gift of eternal life giving gifts should be easy

Do you have any good recommendations, what books helped you come to faith at that age ?

2020/12/11 6:43Profile
docs

Re: Christian Christmas presents to share the gospel with teenagers and younger

Maybe "Pilgrim's Progress" by John Bunyan.

2020/12/11 6:51Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

There is a great series of books titled "Truth and Grace Memory Books", these are a great way of teaching kids scripture using a catechism method, Baptist style. Book 1 is for kids age 2 to 8, book 2 for age 9 to 12, and book 3 for age 13 to 16. The kids will learn and memorize Bible verses and hymns.

https://press.founders.org/shop/truth-and-grace-tag-memory-books-3-book-set/

2020/12/11 9:27Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

I think a nice study bible (not the preachers' versions, just something with some basic helps) with a one sentence note from you written small on inside the front cover would be meaningful.

I still have a Living Bible (not what I'd recommend, but...) from 1982 (I was 15) from my sister in law. It hasn't been used a lot, but I can't overestimate the impact it had years later in my life.

2020/12/11 9:44Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I am interested in also what books impacted you personally and what books 😃 made an impact on your life at that age
I am thankful for resources but I am thinking of stocking fillers .
I like the idea of a personal study Bible and pilgrims progress
I so want my nieces and nephews to be saved and even my grandparents and Christmas is the perfect time to present gospel gifts

2020/12/11 13:17Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

These are some great ideas!

A good study Bible is amazing. My favorite has always been the Thompson Chain Reference Study Bible (although they are hard to find now). It is less about doctrine and more of a helpful reference Bible.

I'd also recommend books like:

The Cross and the Switchblade (by David Wilkerson)
Run Baby Run (by Nicky Cruz)
God's Smuggler (by Brother Andrew)
Pilgrim's Progress (by John Bunyan....there is a version in somewhat more modern English)
The Hiding Place (by Corrie Ten Boom)
No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green (by Melody Green)
Through the Gates of Splendor (by Elizabeth Elliot)
My Utmost for His Highest (by Oswald Chambers)
The Screwtape Letters (by CS Lewis)
Mere Christianity (by CS Lewis)
Etc.

Of course, if they have a close walk with the Lord, I would definitely recommend books like Why Revival Tarries (by Leonard Ravenhill), The Autobiography of Charles Finney, Rees Howells Intercessor (by Norman Grubb), The Christian in Complete Armour (by William Gurnall), etc.

2020/12/11 14:27Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I am talking about teenagers as there reading level is not that high or 7 or 8 year olds
I wish there reading level was that high 😃

2020/12/11 17:15Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

There are some childrens's series of biographies of some great missionaries. For girls Gladys Ayleward and Florence Nightingale.

2020/12/12 7:45Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Some of those biographies helped me when I was younger :)

2020/12/14 16:16Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy