SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics :  A Perverse Disconnect

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

Re:

/It was not the grandfather that wrote this which is important as he is using his grandfathers death as his authority not scripture and did not use any scripture to back up his views./

I'm confused as to who you refer to when you say, "It was not the grandfather who wrote this." Do you mean the Jewish believer who wrote this who is the one whose grandfather perished in Auschwitz? Or do you mean me? And how is the grandfather being used as the authority and not scripture when the grandfather was not even mentioned?

/I would rather the writer was honest and say I am a post tribulation believer, I have a huge problem with the subject of grace but i will replace grace with conditional grace which is not grace at all, urs staff/

Not trying to be smart aleck or anything, but I'm clueless as to what you mean here.

/I have a huge problem with the subject of grace but i will replace grace with conditional grace which is not grace at all,urs staff/

???

2020/12/6 23:13Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Staff,

Quote:
It clear that God has further dealings with the Jews and its obvious that once Israel was reformed in 1948 that the clock is ticking towards that day of reckoning.Its also clear that God judges nations and people groups.
Anyone in my opinion who says that Israel is finished with is in deniel and the notion that Israels current miracle existance is an accident or on a par with other nations existance is in super deniel

The future will reveal the truth.

Meanwhile, we will not be distracted.

“I am doing a great work and cannot come down” (Neh. 6:3).

We will keep our eyes fixed on Jesus.

Heb. 12:1-2 (Amp):
…………stripping off every unnecessary weight and the sin which so easily and cleverly entangles us, let us run with endurance and active persistence the race that is set before us, [looking away from all that will distract us and] focusing our eyes on Jesus, who is the Author and Perfecter of faith [the first incentive for our belief and the One who brings our faith to maturity], who for the joy [of accomplishing the goal] set before Him endured the cross, disregarding the shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God [revealing His deity, His authority, and the completion of His work].

We are exhorted to pray for ALL men for God desires ALL men (Jews and Gentiles equally) to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth (2 Tim. 2:3-4).

The Gospel is commanded to be preached to ALL nations (Jewish and Gentile nations equally),(Mat. 28:18-20, Acts 1:8).

God alone is exalted and to Him we give our thanks and praises.

Psalms 148:13 –
Let them praise the name of the LORD,
For His name alone is exalted;
His glory is above earth and heaven.

Ps. 106:1 –
Praise the LORD!
Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
For His lovingkindness is everlasting.

Heb. 13:14-15 –
For here we do not have a lasting city, but we are seeking the city which is to come. Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.

Heb. 12:28 –
Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe;

Heb. 13:20 –
Now the God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd of the sheep through the blood of THE ETERNAL COVENANT, even Jesus our Lord, make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Blessings

2020/12/6 23:37Profile
deogloria

Re:

The saddest thing about this discussion is that many don't understand what Christ has accomplished

All the Scriptures are about Jesus Christ, even where there is no explicit prediction. That is, there is a fullness of implication in all .(from desiring God)

It is Christ who brings the promises of all of the covenants to fruition. It is Christ who brings all of creation into reconciliation with God, thereby ensuring that God will never again have to wipe out all life on earth.
(Legioneer Ministries)

In Christ, it doesn’t matter about your ethnic identity, your gender, or your station in life. If you are in Christ, you are one of God’s chosen people and you stand to inherit all that God has promised. It is only through Christ that anyone can inherit God’s kingdom
(got questions.org)

About the church:
Church leaders are to surrender ultimate leadership to the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the One who leads and determines the teachings and practices of the church.
Men's opinions don't really matter and negative opinions are not helpful.

About us:
Jesus desires that we also love the church. “Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching” (Hebrews 10:24–25). (got questions.org)

May the Lord have mercy on us !

2020/12/7 2:29Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Docs
Put another way the grandson who was not anywhere near a concentration camp wrote this and is using his grandfathers experience as his authority not scripture.We dont know what his grandfathers thoughts were on the subject.
All Post Trib believers I know believe you can lose your salvation but to believe that you need conditional grace .You have to measure grace if you believe this,
It is obvious that the writer is a Post Trib believer and instead of being honest and using scripture to prove his point is using experience ,
Hope that clears up any confusion,urs staff

2020/12/7 6:10Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Branchinvine
Why bother reading scripture about the future if thats the case ,scripture can never ever be a distraction.God is always telling us about the future and its never ever a distraction.
God just wasted his time writing scripture about the future because its a distraction?
urs staff

qoute
The future will reveal the truth.

Meanwhile, we will not be distracted

2020/12/7 6:15Profile
staff

Re:

hi deogloria,
To be honest I dont know where these people are who dont understand what Christ accomplished .All the posters I see here know perfectly what Christ accomplished,urs staff

qoute
The saddest thing about this discussion is that many don't understand what Christ has accomplished

2020/12/7 6:18Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Hi Staff,

Quote:
Why bother reading scripture about the future if thats the case ,scripture can never ever be a distraction.God is always telling us about the future and its never ever a distraction.
God just wasted his time writing scripture about the future because its a distraction?

You believe that Daniel’s Seventieth Week is in the future and in that prophecy the Jewish nation and antichrist and his covenant are the centrepiece.

I believe that Daniel’s Seventieth Week has already taken place. It was the grandest week in all time and eternity in which the Lord Jesus finished the wonderful works for our salvation by His death and resurrection and brought in the New Eternal Covenant that alone can make us righteous, holy and perfect. In that Seventieth Week, Christ was the centrepiece and to Him all glory are given.

And as far as the east is from the west, the two views will never meet, and we can only wait for the future to reveal the truth.

In the meantime, whatever takes our eyes off the Lord Jesus is a distraction.

Blessings

2020/12/7 7:32Profile
docs

Re:

/Put another way the grandson who was not anywhere near a concentration camp wrote this and is using his grandfathers experience as his authority not scripture.We dont know what his grandfathers thoughts were on the subject.
All Post Trib believers I know believe you can lose your salvation but to believe that you need conditional grace .You have to measure grace if you believe this,
It is obvious that the writer is a Post Trib believer and instead of being honest and using scripture to prove his point is using experience ,
Hope that clears up any confusion,urs staff/

It clears up some confusion but at the same time shows me you have misinterpreted the words and motives for what Fred London wrote. I am the one who mentioned Fred's grandfather just to give some information on who Fred is. You seem insensitive to a large degree toward this event in Fred's family. Fred is very well aware of scripture being the final authority, and again, he didn't even mention his grandfather, I did. And again, there are more than a few scriptures giving us indication of the danger Jewish people will face in the time of the end.

I don't know what your experience is, but not all Post Trib believers I know believe you can lose your salvation. Your accusation that he is being dishonest is not true and comes from presumption on your part. You have judged according to the flesh and not the Spirit.

I would say you have misread, misinterpreted his motives and accused him of being dishonest all in one. On all three you are wrong. I don't think you understood his post at all bro.

2020/12/7 10:09Profile
Mustacheglasses

New Jersey, USA

Re:

To quote/paraphrase Mr. Paul Washer; all of our eschatology will be perfect five seconds after Christ's return.

It is my understanding that sermonindex exists to promote, facilitate, and otherwise bring about revival (to the degree that man is able to participate with God in doing so.)

I've only been back on here for a short time but it seems like a huge focus in the forums is discussing things peripheral to that particular end.

I don't know whether the church will be spared the seven years of tribulation, be taken up half way through, or if there will even be a rapture. And I don't care all that much. I trust God. If He gives me the option, I'm staying so that I can have that much more time to labor.

I love the Jews. I spent time in Israel ministering to the Jews. But I, as a gentile believer, do not exist for them, I exist for Christ. One person may be called to minister to the Jews and another may be called to minister to the lost in China, a third may be called to reach out to the homeless in NYC.

In any Christian circle I've ever encountered, people show up with their special revelation and their special mission. And they act like everyone else is off unless they're just as concerned with their favorite issue as they are. All it does for me is wear me out and turn me off.

I love Jesus. I've been called to America and to intercede on her behalf. The church in our day, at least in the western world, is in a sorry state. I love sermonindex because it provided unctionized messages for me at a time when I couldn't find them anywhere else (back around 2000-2004-ish.) I also love sermonindex because of its stated goal.

Folks we need to learn to pray. We need to learn to be still before the Lord. Maybe we do have something unique to share with the church, some special revelation or insight, but I think more often than not, we hear something from God (or think we heard something from Him) or we think we see something clearly that others aren't seeing... and we run off half-cocked without waiting on God to give us the full picture, waiting on Him to give us understanding and instruction.

I jumped back on here after all this time because I was hoping to encounter other brothers and sisters who really feel the burden of prayer for places like the United States and Canada. Folks who're called as intercessors.

I'm not saying Christians shouldn't discuss any particular issue... I just thought the focus here was supposed to be prayer and revival.

2020/12/7 10:12Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Docs
I can only comment on what you have written and what you had written doesnt say that he didnt mention his grandfather.
Without the grandfather been mentioned their is no story here and the post lacks any authority.We are meant to listen to this man because he is Jewish and his grandfather died in Auchwitz.
I understand the post as you wrote it.If their is any confusion its on your side im afraid.If you want to argue that their is no rapture fine no problem but do it without getting someone elses name involved like Fred London.
If thats what you believe fair enough .
I made no accusations ,i just commented on a post that was that was claiming that because a persons grandfather was in the holocaust then he should be listened too.
I thought that was a dishonest arguement against a rapture because it didnt contain any scripture.It the same as the Corrie Ten Boon arguement that because she saw tribulation personally that their is no rapture and every one goes through the great tribulation .I personally have never met a post trib believer that believed in once saved always saved,
I understand the post quite well which is to argue against a pre trib rapture but my objection is that the authority of the piece comes by mentioning that his grandfather died in Auchwitz,urs staff

2020/12/7 11:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy