SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : The Intercessors Of The Hebrides Revival

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

The Intercessors Of The Hebrides Revival

The Intercessors of the Hebrides Revival

A truly outstanding example from our history of how persistent Prayer brings Revival! God can do it again!

Edited & Compiled by David Smithers

https://ctntp.uk/other-insights/the-intercessors-of-the-hebrides-revival/

2020/11/20 10:49Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: The Intercessors Of The Hebrides Revival

“With the force of a hurricane the Spirit of God swept into the building and the floodgates of heaven opened. The church resembled a battlefield. On one side many were prostrated over the seats weeping and sighing; on the other side some were affected by throwing their arms in the air in a rigid posture. God had come!”

2020/11/20 11:04Profile
Washad1

Re:

Like a hurricane, flood, suddenly the Presence of God fell, flowed, moved... I hear phrases like this associated with past revivals. We ask why is it not happening now? I know there are intercessors all over America and the world praying for this very thing. Just remember, these men and women agonized for months and some years before the fire fell. Don't be disheartened. What He did in the Hebrides He can do again. Also, the mighty move was noticed by the world for the numbers (converted, awakened, numbers down in crime etc) but the revival was experienced by the individual. Keep seeking God for yourself, your own revival, your own awakening. Offer yourself. God is still searching the earth to show Himself strong on behalf of him whose heart is perfect toward Him.

2020/11/20 15:08Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Amen and Amen..
When the BODY OF Christ rises up in Unity in LOVE IN FAITH.. GOD WILL MOVE.. IN UNITY IN FAITH..
GOD WILL MOVE HE IS BEGINNING TO MOVE ACROSS USA..
YEA GOD..
WE PRAY OR be prey..
IM GONNA PRAY UNTIL..

iN CHRIST
One of His many Intercessors...

2020/12/4 17:10Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

WIND WIND BLOW ON ME
WIND WIND SET ME FREE
WIND WIND HELP ME SEE

WIND WIND BLOW ON ME PRECIOUS HOLY SPIRIT
HOW WE LOVE YOU HOW WE NEED YOU.
WIND WIND BLOW ON ME PRECIOUS HOLY SPIRIT...

SINGING MY SONG WILL YOU SING IT WITH ME OVER YOU OVER THE NATIONS OVER YOUR FAMILIES??

WIND WIND BLOW ON ME
WIND WIND SET ME FREE...

2020/12/4 17:13Profile
Mustacheglasses

New Jersey, USA

"if you were living as near to God as you ought to be, He would reveal His secrets to you also.”

Are we living as near to God as we ought to be?

We want to do so much. We want to skip to the part where God uses us mightily or answers our prayers and changes things. But God isn't interested in shoddy work and He isn't a vending machine.

If we live as near to God as we ought, we will surely see something marvelous happen. However, we cannot begin there. We must begin by simply living near to Him for the sake of being near to Him, not accomplishing anything else.

God will not be a means to our desired ends, no matter how noble we think they are.

2020/12/12 18:24Profile
Ianb

England

Re:

Amen brother Joseph

Psalm 24
3 Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in his holy place?

4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

5 He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

"brethren I think this is just so much humbug for us to be petitioning God like this unless we ourselves are right with God...Lord are my hands clean is my heart pure"

"Mr. Campbell are you rightly related to God?"... "Well I think I can say this.. that I fear God"..."Well that will do"

It cost our dear brother to be able to say that, but what glory and victory to be able to competently minister in the power of the Spirit to those who were convicted in that precious revival.

Sister Frannie, You bless my heart, you really do, I read your posts and rejoice in your zeal and obvious sold out love for the Lord, but his ways are not our ways and the Spirit of God is not on our side but his own.

love to you brethren

2020/12/16 2:31Profile
Ianb

England

Re:

2020/12/16 2:32Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Hebrides Revival

Do It Again Lord:

https://youtu.be/vGOWYCX5VtQ