SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I have been unable to let it go

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

I have been unable to let it go

I've tried to let the presidential election results be and accept them and go on about my way. I've consciously tried to put it out of my mind and heart and go on. But there is a small ember in me that just won't burn on out and go away. Somehow and some way I still have hope within me that things will be righted and a favorable decision will be issued favoring the President. If the election scenario and procedures stand that one party clandestinely put in place then this same party will win the election from here on. It assures one party victory every time. That doesn't set right with me and many others. I believe it must be stood up to and resisted. I don't know what is coming and will abide by whatever occurs. If victory then joy. If defeat then disappointment but the kingdom of God has not been shaken. It can't be shaken. King David and his entourage were praying for the illegitimate baby and continued to do so until word came that the child had passed. They were then told to arise and go about their life as before. Until I hear such a word and the outcome is known I am still going to continue to pray for a reversal of the results of this election. Many of the people I attend church and home prayer groups with feel the same way. So we will pray hard and diligently until the outcome is known. The time for this prayer is NOW even if it means laying other things aside and taking that time to pray.I am not of the persuasion that praying like this will be forsaking the kingdom for earthly politics. If so, then I Timothy 2:1-3 should be null and void.

2020/11/19 11:50Profile
Sree

Re: I have been unable to let it go

1 Tim 2:1 - First of all, then, I urge that requests, prayers, intercession, and thanksgiving be made in behalf of all people, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.

I used to believe in a particular person winning the election based on the above scripture. It tells that our motive in the prayer is to lead a peaceful life in worshipping our God. There was only one party that spoke about religious freedom and the freedom to raise our children the way we want. These 2 aspects are very important for me to lead a peaceful Godly life.

But the election results are not based on what I thought will help me with this, but what God thinks is best for me to lead a peaceful and quiet life in all Godliness. I put my understanding to rest and accept what God's will is.

God knows what is best for me is the thing that should help us overcome any unfavourable result.

2020/11/19 12:38Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: I have been unable to let it go

I always think of the early Christians who lived under the reign of emperors who were tyrants and idolators of the worst sort. There is no word of complaint or rebuke against them in the bible.
If I were an US citizen I would have voted for Trump, but only because I support his positions on some key issues - not for his behaviour towards other people - he has fallen out with almost everyone who used to stand with him. I wonder why so many evangelicals glady overlook all these things.

Christians would do well to pray now for the new administration under Biden. The Bible asks us to pray for every ruler who is in charge no matter who they are.
All rulers of this world are partially under the power of fallen angelic forces but also to a degree restrained from evildoing through sincere intercession. They cannot lift a finger without God's permission. This it hard to accept, but I believe it is the truth.

Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

2020/11/19 15:01Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

All rulers of this world are partially under the power of fallen angelic forces but also to a degree restrained from evildoing through sincere intercession. They cannot lift a finger without God's permission. This it hard to accept, but I believe it is the truth

Totally agree with you on this.

2020/11/19 15:09Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Holy Spirit -Demons

Since it appears that the ministry of Holy Spirit is being actively resisted by some who are brothers and sisters and as such lack discernment,... would someone please remind me which candidate in this election had disciples of Lucifer, Church of Satan, and American Witches Association align and held public services to cast spells and hexes so he wouldn’t win the election ??

Since some seem to lack the discernment necessary to navigate these times, why not just take the testimony of demonic forces at face value ?

Either you stand with Trump or with them = no middle ground (Lukewarm) 🤷🏽‍♂️

2020/11/19 16:40Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Did you see the Sidney Powell news conference from yesterday? Of course MSM did not cover it- but I have no idea what to make of it, other than I hope they have proof.

She seems so upset that she is about in tears. So she obviously believes an injustice has been done but may be frustrated about what they can do about it.

https://youtu.be/T-lZJ6b31BM

2020/11/20 10:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy