Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

God’s Remedy For Today’s Emergency

Print
God’s Remedy For Today’s Emergency
By W. C. Moore (1890 – 1980)
A revival of righteousness is God’s remedy! God has not made unsaved statesmen responsible for averting national disaster. He has placed this responsibility upon His own people. “If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land” (2 Chr. 7:14).
Time is hastening on! The meeting with the Lord approaches! The time of reckoning draws nigh, when every one of us shall give account of himself to God (Rom. 14:12). Shall we not, therefore, pitch in now and get revival fires burning and blazing in our own hearts, in our homes, in our churches, in our city, in our nation, and around the world – without delay?
Christians, we are in an emergency. We cannot afford to be giving our time, our strength, our money to anything but to the one unutterable need of getting God on the scene in the power of a mighty, Holy Ghost awakening! Away with idleness, contentions, wasting precious moments and priceless dollars on useless things. God help us! The hour has struck. The times are desperate but the saints are not! Let’s agree from this very moment to call upon God (Matt. 18:19), to stir up ourselves and take hold of God (Isa. 64:7) for a heaven-sent revival to meet today’s needs.
How can we drift listlessly along, idly chatting with anyone we chance to meet, wasting, squandering the precious moments God has given us in which to battle through in real prayer for revival! Oh, to realize, once and for all, that if we do not shake ourselves from the deadening dust of our shameful lukewarmness, the Lord will spew us out of His mouth! (Rev. 3:16).
The Travailing Burden
“...As soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children” (Isa. 66:8). We must have a revival of righteousness! We must have God on the scene in the manifested power of His might – in revival outpourings of His Spirit to meet this present day’s needs. Wherever you are, never let the devil steal away your burden for revival until you have prayed through and the burden is thus lifted.
It is in travail that children are born into the world, and it is in soul travail that people are born again into the kingdom of God.
Be true to the burden for revival that is upon your heart, put there by the Spirit of God. God would not put that cry upon His people for revival if He did not intend abundantly to answer as we steadfastly press on. “...I [the Lord] said not…Seek ye Me in vain...” (Isa. 45:19). “Shall not God avenge His own elect, which cry day and night unto Him?...I tell you that He will avenge them speedily...” (Luke 18:7-8).
If you are born again, and do not have a burden for revival, hear this Word: “...Look on the fields...white already to harvest” (John 4:35; Luke 10:2). Look at the frightful needs, the souls en route to hell all around you, the people in trouble, the wrongs that need to be righted – and PRAY!
It is going to take God to change things, and God works in cooperation with His people. We are laborers together with God (1 Cor. 3:9). We are ambassadors (representatives) for Christ (2 Cor. 5:20).
The Word of God says, “...Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4). Let us, therefore, take God at His Word, and rise up and defeat the enemy, using the delegated authority which God has given us, in effective wrestling against the power of darkness (Eph. 6:10-20). “Behold,” Jesus says, “I give unto you power [authority] ...over all the power of the enemy...” (Luke 10:19). This is a true Word, but it must be put into execution by God’s people.
It is the wicked spirits behind the scenes, the “rulers of the darkness of this world” (Eph. 6:12), that are causing the confusion today, and we, taking the whole armor of God, are set to wrestle effectively against these evil spirits by using the delegated authority which Christ has given us over all their power, “praying always” (Eph. 6:18).
Oh, to focus, to unite in calling on God, in faith, to revive us again! (Psa. 85:6). Let us unitedly, in Jesus’ name, resist the devil till he flees from us (Jas. 4:7).
Fritter not away your time in useless chatter and gossip, in self-indulgence, in non-essentials, but rather “seek ye the Lord while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near” (Isa. 55:6).
Start now! Cry unto God! Press on in the battle of prayer. “Pray without ceasing” (1 Thes. 5:17).

2020/11/17 21:28Profile
CofG

Cambodia

Re: God’s Remedy For Today’s Emergency

“Plain and Simple, tried and true method to turn our homes, our churches and the world upside down”

What creates devotion?

What fans the flames of zeal?

What causes God’s fullness to fill churches and individuals? What causes the life of God to fill a soul?

What causes hearts to treasure Jesus far above everything in life?

What causes men to lay down their lives for Jesus?

What causes men to consider God’s love better than life?

What causes men to sacrifice and suffer with joy?

Plain and Simple. Scripture teaches that by the power of the illumining Holy Spirit, by the opening of the heart. and by the truth of Jesus contemplated, our hearts behold Him, know Him and become enthralled with Him.

All sacrifice, zeal, treasuring, love, and devotion are created by a vision and revelation of the glory of God in the face of Jesus. Flesh and blood cannot reveal this to us. Only the Father by the Spirit.

Lack of zeal, devotion, sacrifice, love, true treasuring, fire in the heart and the fullness of God in the soul is due exclusively to lack of spiritual vision. Flesh and blood can preach and share Christ but only God can reveal Him.

Paul only knew Christ and Him crucified among the unbeliever and believer alike. Why? Paul taught many “to do” things but it was only effective to those who had seen Jesus in all His goodness and glory first.

The motives for obedience fueled by devotion, by love, by treasuring and by zeal are created by spiritual revelation of Jesus. There is no other Way.

If we or our churches are lacking in these qualities, we haven’t “seen” Jesus as we ought

2020/11/17 22:29Profile
NeedHim2018

What a heart of love beats in those words you shared, Mike. It is God's own heart. John 3:16 " For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

2020/11/18 2:02Profile
NeedHim2018

Re:

This part struck me especially

"Be true to the burden for revival that is upon your heart, put there by the Spirit of God. God would not put that cry upon His people for revival if He did not intend abundantly to answer as we steadfastly press on. “...I [the Lord] said not…Seek ye Me in vain...” (Isa. 45:19). “Shall not God avenge His own elect, which cry day and night unto Him?...I tell you that He will avenge them speedily...” (Luke 18:7-8).
If you "

2020/11/18 2:15Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re:

Robert wrote:

Quote:

What creates devotion?

What fans the flames of zeal?

What causes God’s fullness to fill churches and individuals? What causes the life of God to fill a soul?

What causes hearts to treasure Jesus far above everything in life?

What causes men to lay down their lives for Jesus?

What causes men to consider God’s love better than life?

What causes men to sacrifice and suffer with joy?

Plain and Simple. Scripture teaches that by the power of the illumining Holy Spirit, by the opening of the heart. and by the truth of Jesus contemplated, our hearts behold Him, know Him and become enthralled with Him.

All sacrifice, zeal, treasuring, love, and devotion are created by a vision and revelation of the glory of God in the face of Jesus. Flesh and blood cannot reveal this to us. Only the Father by the Spirit.

Lack of zeal, devotion, sacrifice, love, true treasuring, fire in the heart and the fullness of God in the soul is due exclusively to lack of spiritual vision. Flesh and blood can preach and share Christ but only God can reveal Him.

Agree.

Andrew Murray (1828-1917) wrote:

Quote:

Mark 9:2 – “Jesus taketh with Him Peter and James and John, and bringeth them into a high mountain, apart by themselves, and He was transfigured before them."

May the blessed Master take us with Himself into the “high mountain”, even the Mount Zion, where He sits as Priest-King upon the throne in power, each of us “apart by himself”, and prepare us for the blessed vision of seeing Him “transfigured before us”, seeing Him in His heavenly glory. He will then still be to us the same Jesus we know now. And yet not the same; but His whole Being, bright with the glory and the power of the heavenly life which He holds for us, and waits to impart day by day to them who forsake all to follow Him.

2020/11/18 4:52Profile
Romaric

I suppose I am going to share personally here, while I agree with the direction and zeal that these kinds of posts incur in their readers, which by genuine expression in the spirit should resonate with others in a right spirit, I have found that while there is surely almost no one who would disagree with this kind of christian statement, a question must surely be asked why this is failing to materialise given that the church as a collective already has the victory and the power of God to his delegated authorities on earth?

I suppose we could use all manner of Scripture to assert a hope in revival, but will revival produce a lasting effect in the churches now? I say that because it can be stated that perhaps we wouldn't need revival if we understood obedience today. I have spoken in depth to unbelievers about how they perceive christians personally, not doctrinally or theologically, and the answer I am always left with is that christians themselves, ourselves might be more accurately stated, appear as a contradictory people, one the one hand we speak of grace, peace, love, faith and many other nobilities, while denying the power they possess in obeying the precepts that produce the effect of these virtues, of course these are more than virtues, they should flow out of us as living waters, produced by singularly obeying God.

I have been listening to Spiritual Authority by Watchman Nee which is available on YouTube as an ebook and I was struck by his assertion of obedience to God and to God's established ( delegated ) authorities on earth. God has established a manner in which we should understand and yield to authority, and those in authority to yield to God, however can we really say this is a picture of the church today and if it isn't, then who has wisdom and boldness along with revelation from God to address this erroneous leadership? I certainly would never like to be responsible for claiming this mantle without realising the implications of handling this erroneously.

It is my belief that God has already established everything we need to see revival, however we as the church and delegated authority of God on earth have failed to obey the instruction and commandments of God to His people, were we to do this we would see revival immediately.

I am not saying any of this as criticism or judgement, but I do think these kinds of questions need answers, otherwise I believe our hope in revival is inaccurate.

I would very much like to know what kind of agreement there is with my thinking, I have referred to Nee's work mostly in constructing this statement.

2020/11/18 7:26Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Thanks Mike for sharing this. Preacher B.H. Clendennen often referred to W. C. Moore as one of the great divines of the last century.

I think we here on SI easily run into the danger of listening and reading from truly great men of God and just accumulating head knowledge and not obeying God in the light of his revelation.

2020/11/18 12:47Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you Brother! Agreed!

W. C Moore and Sarah Moore were the founders of Herald of His Coming, in which the article that I posted can be found.

You can receive a free monthly copy of Herald if His Coming.

Herald of His Coming
PO Box279
Seelyville IN

2020/11/18 13:29Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you Brother! Agreed!

W. C Moore and Sarah Moore were the founders of Herald of His Coming, in which the article that I posted can be found.

You can receive a free monthly copy of Herald if His Coming.

Herald of His Coming
PO Box279
Seelyville IN

2020/11/18 13:31Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy