SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Calling out the false prophets

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

Hi Savannah,
I think the problem is that many on SI( not saying you now )but many pay lip service to Gifts like prophesy but not when it actually is in operation .They immediately begin to say well "we keep to the bible" and "we are more sincere" kinda of attitude.For most they complain about false Prophets but what they are actually complaining about is Prophesy.They can give examples of false prophets but they cant give an example of any the approve of.
They also have an incorrect attitude towards dreams and visions but particularly dreams.

They completely throw the baby out with the bathwater solely because their is a kooky end to the Pentecostal movement that are only interested in themselves and a big show.
They cant at all see past that and tar everyone with the same brush.Also remember God can use anyone to bring about his purposes including Joe Biden and Kooky Pentecostals but I think this election is about Gods Justice and his Honour.

But the main thing you said that is correct its "wait and see" because thats exactly what the bible says if they speak persumptively dont listen to them ,
yours staff

2020/11/25 16:12Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Staff-

For me at least it may be a question of terminology.

I certainly believe there “prophetic” people as I have known several. But they were not prophetic because they made prophecies of the future, but because of their anointing. It is hard to exactly pinpoint what I mean but when you are in the presence of a prophetic person you know it.

I do believe in the gifts of the Spirit and the five fold ministry. I have seen words of knowledge in operation that are amazing.

But for some reason I don’t think that “future telling” prophets are what Paul had in mind in describing the five fold ministry. I think he had in mind what I am talking about above.

2020/11/25 17:57Profile
staff

Re:

Hi TMK ,
The problem with that is that Jesus "future told" alot and you are limiting God to what and what he cannot communicate to his believers and by what means he chooses to do so.

I still think its baby and bathwater.Why ?If their were no charletons or exploiters for personal gain then no one would have a problem with people future telling,Christians who were genuine Lord loving believers.Its fear as well that make poeple cautious .
John on patamos future told alot but we dont throw him out of the bath,urs staff

2020/11/25 22:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy