SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Calling out the false prophets

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Calling out the false prophets

This is an important video of teaching and exposing false prophets in the church. I suggest that if someone disagrees with what is shown here that maybe cognitive dissonance may be at play.
What do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c842RBhCuk&ab_channel=FightingfortheFaith

2020/11/11 14:37Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: Calling out the false prophets

There are those who constantly criticise others and call out names, as if God has given them the mandate to do so. They elevate themselves by trashing others. Though they are by and large technically right in their verdict, they totally miss the point and operate largely in the flesh.

The apostles rarely called out false apostles, prophets, teachers. They only did it in case they dealt with an issue under their direct care.

Ever wondered why Paul never named the false apostles in Corinth although they tried to undo everything he founded?

False apostles, prophets, teachers are God's provision for those who are unwilling to repent and humble themselves.
They are God's garbage trucks and fulfil an important function in God's economy. Paul was encountered rejection rejected by many saints in Corinth because they were carnal and poisoned by the superapostles. Yet he patiently waited until the majority of the church in Corinth embraced his godly doctrine through his lettes and repented. Thus the superapostles had to leave, because they could no longer feed on the flesh of their once dilluded followers. That was a much more sustainable victory than just calling out the phoneys.

It is better to learn to fear God and shun evil than to obtain a mere technical knowledge of good and evil. The fascination of evil will get you in the end, Adam!

False Christian workers fulfil a similar function as the devil and evil men who harrass the church. They are God's agent to our advantage. To overcome a trial, a temptation and to hold out in faith and withstand false teaching works for the good of the overcomers and to the detriment of those who do not keep their faith.

God always works to separate the good from the evil in us.

For the same reason, preachers like Zac Poonen, Keith Daniel, Paul Washer, David Wilkerson etc. never do that. They call out false doctrine and sin, but never the person concerned at least as long as they are alive. There are profound reasons behind that:
Firstly, any measurement you apply to others will be applied to you. These are the words of Jesus.

Secondly, it is far better to establish saints in the faith than calling out false prophets. True sheep will not follow the false shepherd, true disciples will not follow the false teacher, Jesus said.

It is far better to fight the good fight and grow in grace and truth than to be told who is false and never learn to discern for yourself.

Did you ever notice that some of these "ministries" seem to almost gleefully feed on the errors and shortcomings of others rather than taking the pains to establish others in faith? They have an opinion about everything and everyone and are beyond reproach. Even the tone of their voice gives it away. There is one particular guy on air who always talks in a supercharged voice, always mocking someone and something. What would they do if they did not find any trash to feed on?

I feel tempted to call out some of those "ministries" but I will refrain from that.

2020/11/11 16:30Profile
TrueWitness

Re:

When they hire a new person at the Federal Reserve's counterfeiting department, they don't show them all the different counterfeit bills there are out there. No. Instead, they have the person carefully examine and memorize details of genuine currency so that when they see a counterfeit they will recognize it.

Justin Peters whole ministry is built on his watching and/or listening to thousands of hours of Kenneth Copeland, Benny Hinn, etc. messages and documenting the errors. And he presents his findings to Grace Community Church pastored by John MacArthur. He is preaching to the choir. I don't think anyone in that church would be a follower of Kenneth Copeland or Benny Hinn regardless of how much of their preaching they heard. I honestly think they go on and on about what's wrong with Charismatics because they can only preach on TULIP for about a month tops.

And some of these discernment ministry folks will label a person as a heretic if they happen to be on stage with a known heretic and don't immediately rebuke and call out that other person for being a heretic!

I actually agree with much of the criticism lain at the doorstep of popular (TV propagated) Charismatic movement. But leaving the loony bin to join the dead formalism of a Grace Community type church is like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

2020/11/11 23:41Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Just a few line - what if Trump gets a second term, it seems to me watching what is going on there are signs of shenanigans in the US elections.

2020/11/12 3:26Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"We people today should not be in this spiritual state we are in...
Huge tribulations are coming, you can not imagine how bad these will be...
Alas to all of you for what what awaits you; you must repent as long as there is time...
You need to kneel and cry, to shed tears of repentance, that Christ soften...
You have no mercy among you. You show no mercy to each other.
You are tough towards each other, you stand ready to eat (consume-destroy) each other." - Ephraim of Philotheou

Brother, though I agree we should not stand for blatant false teachings, the other side of the coin is wrong also, to jab fun at what is false by mocking with faces and funny comments shows zero mercy for the souls of men who are teaching what is wrong. We should pray for them to change to see their fruitless teachings as false. Pray for those involved in these movements.

What is more dangerous then false teachings is having no mercy left in ones heart.

2020/11/12 3:52Profile
billy1980

Tennesse-

Re:

A brother a long time ago committed a fault, whether in word or deed I do not know. A council was called to which one close to God was invited, but he refused to go to it. Then others were sent to him, "Come, for everyone is waiting for you.’ So he got up and went. He took a leaking jug, filled it with water and carried it with him. The others came out to meet him and said to him, ‘What is this?’ The old man said to them, ‘My sins run out behind me, and I do not see them, and today I am coming to judge the errors of another.’ When they heard that they said no more to the brother, but forgave him."

There is much going on within the spiritual realm! Our fight is not with "flesh and blood". Let us pray, "Father have mercy on me a sinner, daily!" Seeking to lift others up to His throne room in prayer. Instead of casting judgments by the ways of the flesh, into the open air around us.

"Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." Ephesians 6:10-20

2020/11/12 10:03Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Some of these discernment minstries act like video game players. They blast the baddies with mockery and scorn and score more points and thereby gain power and size.

There are some well known discernment ministries that now exchange crossfire and insults in an attempt to cancel each other out. Unsaved boxers in the world championship league show more fairness and respect to each other.

But hand on heart: If you see a story about a fallen preacher's dirty secrets and an exhortation about prayer, which text would read first?

2020/11/12 12:45Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

Re:

dear me ... calm down.

2020/11/12 14:25Profile
docs

Re:

I'm wondering again, as I have in the past, if many of these "prophets" really hold the OFFICE of prophet or are just people who have advanced to a degree in their ability to receive words of knowledge and wisdom. Does being gifted in this way necessarily mean one holds the office of prophet?

2020/11/13 9:36Profile
davidkeel

West Sussex, England

I'm sorry for my post asking for calmness.. I felt that more posts were coming in against the original poster and I was concerned it was getting difficult for him. I didn't mean to stop the conversation entirely

2020/11/13 13:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy