“What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sins and griefs to bear
And what a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer”

“Oh, what peace we often forfeit
Oh, what needless pain we bear
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer”1

What is sad of myself and quite a few others I believe in Christ. Is we have this unbelievable relationship with Jesus Christ! He wants to know us intimately, and we fail to honestly talk to Him about everything! We talk to our spouse, and our close friends about our day to day lives, but I for one, for years now ashamedly have resigned Jesus just to ministerial things. However, the Holy Spirit has brought this to my attention two different times this week through God’s great mercy! I have repented of my foolishness concerning hindering my relationship with Jesus in this way! Why would we want to carry day today burdens on our own? Forsaking inward peace Christ willingly wants us to have?

It is well for us to repent and pray daily concerning the nations, our brethren in Christ, our families, for those who do not know Christ, and give praise to God the Father for all things! However we also need to be taking everything else to God through Christ as well. I pray you will join me in letting Christ into even the most mundane things within our day to day life. By this we can come to know our Savior ever closer. Simply by opening ourselves up more fully to Him. O to let Jesus be our closest friend! Is this not apart of God’s will for our lives even today?

Christ still calls out to us today through the Holy Spirit saying, “Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”2

Why on earth would we ever not talk to Christ concerning all things, everyday? No one else can take our burdens from us! Let us give our relationship with Jesus top priority! For He is worthy of our full attention, and to bring even the most mundane things daily to Him through simple conversation.

1.Originally written by preacher Joseph M. Scriven as a poem.
2.Matthew 11:28-30

2020/11/8 13:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy