SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Good Fight

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

The Good Fight

“Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have declared so well before many witnesses” (1 Timothy 6:12 nlt).

World War II was one of the biggest conflicts in the history of humanity. Think for a moment about how different the world would be if America had not entered that conflict. Things would look very different than the world we have now.

War is never desirable, but sometimes you have to fight. And it was right for the United States to stand up, especially when Hitler’s goal was to eradicate the Jewish population of Europe in his so-called “Final Solution.”

Sometimes it’s good to fight. Generally, most of us don’t like fighting. But there are some people who like to fight all the time. They look forward to fighting. They seem to thrive on arguments and conflict.

I don’t know about you, but I’m not one of those people. I try to diffuse conflict. I try to get along with others to the best of my ability. But there are times when you have to just step up and fight.

On more than one occasion, the Bible compares the Christian life to a conflict on a battlefield. The apostle Paul wrote to Timothy, “You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ” (2 Timothy 2:3 nkjv). Later in the same letter he wrote, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith” (4:7 nkjv).

In 1 Timothy 6, Paul said, “Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have declared so well before many witnesses” (verse 12 nlt). Notice that Paul said it’s a good fight.

We have to stand up and fight. The good news is that we win in the end. Guaranteed. The gospel is going to win, and the kingdom of God is going to win.

2020/11/8 8:53Profile
docs

Re: The Good Fight

I receive this. Thank you MrBillPro for sharing it.

I guess my question is, what if it can be proven that massive non compliance to rules and cheating went on to give Biden the victory?

2020/11/8 9:20Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: David

David, you asked "what if it can be proven that massive non compliance to rules and cheating went on to give Biden the victory?"

David I don't know, as Christians, we have to be careful and listen to the Spirit, not man. We are in deep, deep, waters today, some are frustrated, and confused. David, for me personally "right now" I fighting this good fight in Prayer, and of course Prayer is the most we can do. I do believe the evil one is doing all he can, to work through some of our politicians and the MSM. I personally don't have any inside information on the truth of the results of the election, but God does.

The Good Fight, well to me this would mean, we need to pray about all this first, and if God leads us personally to stand up to this evil, we need to do so. There are many ways to stand up, not just physically, if us believers have personally heard from God about all this, he will lead us individually, that could work out to bring the masses together, to let our voices be known. We are called to speak the truth, and the truth is, this is not right, in my opinion. Brother David, I wished I had a solid answer, but for now for me personally, I'm going to wait on the Lord in Prayer, he will act, none of this has taken him by surprise, and I also truly believe none of this has taken our President by surprise.

It's really important now, as Christians, we don't just jump on any boats together, even if we see many others on those boats. More than ever, it's important we listen to God speak to us personally, because if you jump on one of those boats, God may have had a different calling for you at this time. As always, follow God, not man. Praise Jesus!

2020/11/8 11:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy