SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Are You Church Regnant or Church Remnant?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

Re:

Well said TMK!

2020/11/3 15:43Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Thank you Todd and Fletcher for your comments. I am in total agreement. God didn’t soverignly put Trump in office because he is a godly man. He did it because Christian’s prayed, and like King Cyress, Trump would do God’s will Concerning the nation of Israel, appoint pro life judges, and for many decisions that he has made that were in line with God’s Kingdom purposes for America.

2020/11/3 16:33Profile
Caleb4life

Re:

Hi dear brother Mike,

Thanks for your comments!

You said:

“He did it because Christian’s prayed”.....

I have zero problem with Christians praying for God’s will to be done with the elections of President of the USA, or any leader of any nation on earth for that matter. Praying for those in authority is absolutely in line with exhortations in the scriptures too.

That said, can we agree that voting and praying are two very different matters?

Prayer for whomever God chooses is crucial, as brother Derek Prince so eloquently spoke about (thanks for sharing that too by the way, brother!). A big AMEN to his message!

Voting, however, is divisive by nature.

2020/11/3 19:05Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

Amen Brother Caleb!

We don’t entangle ourselves in politics,
we seek God’s Kingdom first, and His
will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

2020/11/4 9:51Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

There are three kinds of people in a church.

1. Believers
2. Unbelievers
3. Make believers

Persecution often sorts them out.

2020/12/15 20:20Profile
staff

Re: Are You Church Regnant or Church Remnant?

Hi all,

Comments on Christianity today which is just become a rag in my opinion and Billy Graham would never have agreed with any of these comments.
I can honestly say that I got a revelation from God that the reason he kept Billy Graham alive is that he didnt have a President in office that would Honour Billy Graham and give him a fitting burial.
I wonder is the editor of Christianity today even Christian to be honest.
So as far as Im concerned although the article doesnt say too much but we know what the recent agenda is behind it.Christianity today is toilet roll to me and even at that not very effective,urs staff

nytimes 2019

The magazine said the president had abused his power and violated the Constitution. Mr. Trump responded by saying he had done more for

washingtonpost

Consider how your justification of Mr. Trump influences your witness to your Lord and Savior,” the magazine's editor in chief in an .

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Christianity Today, the magazine founded by the late Reverend Billy Graham, renewed its criticism of President Donald Trump in a new editorial that cited his “misuses of power” and asked fellow Christians to examine their loyalty to him, days after a controversial editorial that called for his impeachment.

2020/12/15 21:40Profile
savannah

Re: to vote or not to vote...

Caleb asked,

Dear brother Greg,

Grace and peace to you! Love you so much brother!

I appreciate reading your comment of seeing the church as not either/or!

That said, since in the USA we cannot legitimately vote for “both” political parties, from your perspective, how would you counsel the saints who can vote in the USA?

Also, what’s your ethos on voting for earthly government leaders?

I don't see that Greg answered. Did I miss it maybe!

2020/12/15 21:44Profile
billy1980

Tennesse

Re:

Hi Bill, I would not commit on this but the Lord had me thinking on it my whole drive home today.

"There are three kinds of people in a church."

1. Believers
2. Unbelievers
3. Make believers

"Persecution often sorts them out."

Many of these in group 2 and 3 have never seen a genuine born again believer. They have only seen the counterfeit! Let's pray God would send true believers around them pointing them through the Spirit by deeds and words to Christ.

2020/12/16 17:00Profile
staff

Re:

Hi
Well unbelievers are unbelievers so their is no way they can be born again.
Make believers is what exactly???Make believers could be believers who believe that you have to have persecution 24/7 or you wont get to heaven!
Alot of people on SI have a seriously bad infatuation with persecution.Their are times when their is massive persecution of Christians and times when their is not,you can have Corrie Ten Boon and you can have the opposite Billy Graham a man who wasnt overly persecuted for his faith.
Will their be persecution in the future yes,is their persecution now yes ,in certain places around the globe.
Has Bill points out persecution will have an effect ,yes but perhaps the make believers are Christians who wrongly believe that persecution is the be all and end all,urs staff

2020/12/16 17:16Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Staff

I interrupted 'Make Believers" as some that are playing Church, they show up every Sunday, just to be seen, and to tell folks they go to Church. You said "A lot of people on SI have a seriously bad infatuation with persecution." Brother, I'm definitely not in this camp. :-)

2020/12/16 22:06Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy