SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Real Change

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
billy1980

Tennesse

Real Change

Judas "was a thief, and had the money box. He used to pilfer what was put into it." The Apostle John

Even being right there with Jesus. Judas never changed! Just because one goes to church doesn't mean they've been changed. It might mean they have a better head knowledge, but as with Judas they could be doing the same old sins and never be changed inwardly through Christ.

2020/10/26 1:01Profile

Re: Real Change

And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease. Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him. These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.

Of course brother William, needs must that we not only understand that theft is a sin of the Lord’ servants in many places but we must also understand how that mind to steal comes about and in what character is theft being spoken when we speak of Judas being a thief.

When the twelve were sent out they we given power to cast out demons and to heal the sick. They also went with no purse, which is to say they were to depend on receiving their means of sustenance by labouring. In this instance their labour was to cast our demons to heal the sick and to declare that the kingdom of heaven was at hand.

If we say that Judas was a thief and mean by a simple claim that he pilfered from the purse (as he did) we would be left with an effect of knowing only what any child can tell you. It is wrong to steal. What we may need to understand is how Judas came from having no purse to having the common purse. At this time of being sent out by the Lord Judas was with Simon the Zealot. So unless Simon was also a thief or else his Zeal was a mistaken folly then he could not have given Judas a common charge over any purse that was given them to their sustenance.

Judas entered into that which so many have entered into since his example of seeing the effect of being given sustenance for no more than exercising the power of God in Christ Jesus. If that is work to serve the Father by obeying His son to the benefit of men then how you use that money when your wages are paid is not a matter of theft but wisdom.

If I am about the Lord’ work and I am given a bed and a meal have I not received my wages? And if on my leaving to go to another house I am given a coin for my next meal ought I to not remember what the Lord has said? The bed and the meal are my wages. The coin, no matter in what good intention it is given by the one I have served can only become my wages for my bed and my meal if in obedience I am rejected in the next village and need to sleep and need to eat before going on in the Lord.

Therein lies a simple distinction brother that many have refused because they have seen how it is that those who have been delivered from unclean spirits and all kinds of sickness sometime give more generously than is needful for wages.

Greed comes from the heart - but opportunity comes by serving God. In the end Judas sold his calling for a bag of silver.

ܡܫܚܐ

2020/10/26 4:42
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Even being right there with Jesus. Judas never changed! Just because one goes to church doesn't mean they've been changed. It might mean they have a better head knowledge, but as with Judas they could be doing the same old sins and never be changed inwardly through Christ.

Yes brother, He touched and knew the living Christ, yet never truly repented. Just like the sons of Eli who were at the very door of the temple, where true sacrifices to God were offered but they could not enter into their blessings. Instead they choose to steal from the sacrifices and mis-use and abuse the people of God at the very doorstep of the temple.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
New International Version
9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21
New International Version
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

The teachings of the Apostles of our Lord is clear that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. They may speak about the kingdom, understand the kingdom, look like they belong but in their very hearts there is no place for the kingdom.

How do we begin to inherit the kingdom? through repentance and humility. Then the cross of Christ will become effacious and grant us entrance.

2020/10/26 7:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy