SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : We were raised as Him.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
beloved-vern

We were raised as Him.

Rom 6:3-7, "Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness(image-made just like)of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Now many people believe that we were raised "with Him", but the Scriptures makes it clear that we were raised IN HIS LIKENESS - in His Image and we are now a COMPLETELY NEW CREATION - a new species) in Christ that never existed before.

1 Peter 1:23, "Being born again, (fathered from above) not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."

We where fathered from above the same way the man Christ was when He was born. Luke 1:35

We have the same father and the same seed as Christ did. We are now the sons of God. Rom 8:16

1 John 3:2, Heb. 10:19-20, 1 Cor. 1:30, Col, 1:27, Col. 3:3, 1 Cor. 6:17, 2 Cor. 1-21-22, 2 Cor. 15:22, 2 Cor. 5:14-15, Acts 17:28, Col. 1:12-13, Eph. 2:4, Rom. 8:2, Rom. 3: 22-26, 2 Cor. 5:17-19, 2 Cor. 5:21.

Jesus Christ gave Himself and His life to us. This Life is HIS very nature and essence which is now our life.

"The Christian life is dependent upon replacement. He has become my life, and I rest in Him as He flows forth as rivers of water through me as His vessel." Christopher Bernard

"At the beginning of our Christian life, we saw how the Lord Jesus bore our sins on the cross so that by His death we were delivered from death, our sins were forgiven, and we were condemned no more. Today Paul tells me that because Christ lives in me, I am delivered from living. The meaning is simple: since He lives in me, I no longer need to live. As He died on the cross for me, so now He lives in me in my place. This is the secret of victory, it is neither a life of imitating Christ nor a life of having power given; rather it is a substitutionary life". Watchman Nee

"It is wrong for a person to attempt to live the Christian life. We are not asked to do so. The Word of the Lord says, "It is no longer I that live, but Christ liveth in me." This is the secret of Christian living. The Lord in me lives the Christian life, not I. If I have been trying to live like a Christian, in patience, love, kindness, humility, sorrow or cross-bearing, it is rather painful. But if it is Christ who lives in me, in patience, love, suffering, or cross-bearing, it is joyful." Watchman Nee

Christ comes into you and becomes your very life.

Look what Andrew Murray wrote.

"A man may come and give me $10,000, and so be my helper, but there is no further union between him and me. The man may be a great benefactor, but there is no organic union between him and me. I may never see him again. Many people look upon Christ as such a separate, outward Savior. They never can fully enjoy His salvation. I must believe that even as Christ is in heaven, so He is here in me. His branch. He comes into my inmost life. He occupies that life. He lives there, and by living there He enables me to live as a child of God. Some think that when Christ dwells within us He comes somewhere in the region of the heart, and He lives there. We are two separate persons, Christ one and I one, and somehow He works in me at times. No! That is not the way. Christ comes into me and becomes my very life. He comes into the very root of my heart and being. He comes into my willing and thinking and feeling and living, and lives in me in the power which the Omnipresent God, alone, can exercise. When I understand this, my soul bows down in adoration and confidence toward God. I live in the flesh, the life of flesh and blood, but Christ dwelling in me is the true life of my life."

"It was as the Son Christ lived and served and pleased the Father. It is only as a son with the spirit of His own Son in my heart, that I can live and serve and please the Father. I must each day walk in the full and clear consciousness: like Christ, I am a son of the Most High God, born from above, the beloved of the Father. As a son the Father is engaged to provide my every need. As a son I live in dependence and trust, in love and obedience, in joy and hope. It is when I live with the Father as a son, that it becomes possible to make any sacrifice and to obey every command."

We are now the the righteousness of God in Christ. 2 Cor. 5:21

1 Cor. 1:30, Col. 3:4, Col. 3:3, Phil. 1:21, Gal. 2:20, 2 Pet. 1:3-4, John 10:10, Heb. 1:3, Rom. 5:17-19.

1 John 4:17, "Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world."

This is the GOOD NEWS!!! Christ is our life and dwells within us and we have His Divine Nature now!!!

God has given us this eternal life by putting us in Christ and has given us His Holy Spirit to live in us and through the agency of the Holy Spirit we know the reality of Christ in us. Because Christ is in us, as He is, we are. TRUE FAITH is being fully assured that God's promise of eternal life to us through Christ in us by the Holy Spirit is YES! IT IS SO!

John 17:3, "This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."

Christ did not come to give strength to your flesh - He came to become your life. When you are eating from the tree of divine life, you will taste of the firstfruits of Christ's eternal life. The Lord comes into our mortal body in the power of His resurrection life. Heb. 7:16) He says, "I am the way, the truth and the life." (John 14:6) He is the only one who has a victorious life.

1 John 5:10-12, "He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life".

2020/10/12 10:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy